• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG rules penalize players outside Europe

• Thread starter DeletedUser16244
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
lol like i said it's tiny realy small and most players don't eaven notice it eaven on PC

I did and I do not even play the game.

Besides that, everybody reads the forum rules like they are supposed to and they mention other servers.

Agent327

Overlord
lol again like you must have noticed many don't read the forum rules and some players don't eaven come on the forum

Those that do, use the forum to complain. They should at least have the decency to read the rules before they complain. In this case they would have known how stupid their complaint is.

Shad23

Emperor
In this case they would have known how stupid their complaint is.
well you'd be amazed to see how many ppl don't use their intelligence quotient at their best and are seen as stupid by others but not knowing how things work does not make someone stupid
just means they did not read enough at least in most cases

DeletedUser653

So you get alink in the mail and blindly follow it. Spammers and scammers must love you.

First event was after a few months into the game. There you must have noticed the timezone wasn't in your favor.

Every time you open the game you see that language banner. That should have told you something as well. I do not play the game and know. You play the game and don't know. Now who is the smart one here?

alas not you.....
INNO targeted hundreds of thousands of players who played INNO games with the link and of course we knew that inno mails were safe so clicking on a INNO mail link was not an issue for us. Yes many joined from that link and to the first world, by the time the 2nd one came out a player was well into the game. After one month most players had made 3 ages at least and did not want to restart again so by the time other language worlds appeared many players were well into the world they started and did not want to throw away all the progress they had made.

so please stop implying that players are stupid if they originally joined a world like EN1 but then later saw a local country server but carried on with the world they had progressed in, you are stupid to even suggest this.

DeletedUser653

I did and I do not even play the game.

Besides that, everybody reads the forum rules like they are supposed to and they mention other servers.

i guess if you ask most players they have never bothered to read the forum rules, but i am sure you have done many times !!!!!

Agent327

Overlord
INNO targeted hundreds of thousands of players who played INNO games with the link and of course we knew that inno mails were safe so clicking on a INNO mail link was not an issue for us. Yes many joined from that link and to the first world, by the time the 2nd one came out a player was well into the game. After one month most players had made 3 ages at least and did not want to restart again so by the time other language worlds appeared many players were well into the world they started and did not want to throw away all the progress they had made.

So what you are saying is that experienced players made the mistake. That is even worse!

so please stop implying that players are stupid if they originally joined a world like EN1 but then later saw a local country server but carried on with the world they had progressed in, you are stupid to even suggest this.

So they noticed, but did not make the switch when they could. Now who's to blame for that?

i guess if you ask most players they have never bothered to read the forum rules, but i am sure you have done many times !!!!!

So basically they do not care aout the rules. Then why should Inno bother?
You just do what you like, but Inno is not allowed to do what it wants.

Shad23

Emperor
So they noticed, but did not make the switch when they could. Now who's to blame for that?
if their citys were advanced by time they figured it out Agent then i can realy understand them as i would probobly have done same thing , oh wait i did do the same thing lol took me a while to notice that flag and when i did i did not feel like abandoning city i created on en server with all the work done in city , INNo should offer a 1 time thing where if you want you could change your city from server a to server b

DeletedUser99588

So you get alink in the mail and blindly follow it. Spammers and scammers must love you.

First event was after a few months into the game. There you must have noticed the timezone wasn't in your favor.

Every time you open the game you see that language banner. That should have told you something as well. I do not play the game and know. You play the game and don't know. Now who is the smart one here?

I think what HRC is trying to say is it wasn't such a hindrance back then to be in a different time zone so you just carried on with the server/world you were allocated. As the game has evolved especially with GvG it is a significant hindrance now.

For me it is neither here nor there but GvG needs a shake up and a 23hr or 25r shield cycle would definitely help put the cat amongst the pigeons for some dominant guilds that are only set up for half an hour of fighting at reset.

Shad23

Emperor
but GvG needs a shake up and a 23hr or 25r shield cycle would definitely help put the cat amongst the pigeons for some dominant guilds that are only set up for half an hour of fighting at reset.
that would be a change for lots of guilds

Agent327

Overlord
if their citys were advanced by time they figured it out Agent then i can realy understand them as i would probobly have done same thing , oh wait i did do the same thing lol took me a while to notice that flag and when i did i did not feel like abandoning city i created on en server with all the work done in city , INNo should offer a 1 time thing where if you want you could change your city from server a to server b

If their cities were advanced by the time they figured it out they sure are not the smartest cookie in the box.

Ever considered the chaos and abuse that change would bring?

Agent327

Overlord
I think what HRC is trying to say is it wasn't such a hindrance back then to be in a different time zone so you just carried on with the server/world you were allocated. As the game has evolved especially with GvG it is a significant hindrance now.

So what you are saying is that they made a deliberate choice based on things they knew at the time, but now since the game has evolved they want a do-over. That makes sense. That's how you should trade at the stock exchange. If things do not go as you expect you should be reimbursed.

For me it is neither here nor there but GvG needs a shake up and a 23hr or 25r shield cycle would definitely help put the cat amongst the pigeons for some dominant guilds that are only set up for half an hour of fighting at reset.

Like that would make any change. Dominant guilds will adapt, cause let's face it, they are fanatics and the other guilds will still complain.

Shad23

Emperor
If their cities were advanced by the time they figured it out they sure are not the smartest cookie in the box.

There are so many things to know in this game about the game and no one started this game knowing everything about this game befor starting to play it , i'v seen players from all over the world on en server there are eaven chinease on the en server all i'm saying is players should have right to transfer their city they worked on in one server to server closest to their position on planet and if you want to change server you need prove to INNO ( suport ) you moved to an other contry or that you started on wrong server

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
There are so many things to know in this game about the game and no one started this game knowing everything about this game befor starting to play it , i'v seen players from all over the world on en server there are eaven chinease on the en server all i'm saying is players should have right to transfer their city they worked on in one server to server closest to their position on planet and if you want to change server you need prove to INNO ( suport ) you moved to an other contry or that you started on wrong server

First event should have already told you, you have a timezone problem.

Changing server based on location is stupid. Only players with a country that has a FoE server will profit. Others will not. Is that fair?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

So what you are saying is that they made a deliberate choice based on things they knew at the time, but now since the game has evolved they want a do-over. That makes sense. That's how you should trade at the stock exchange. If things do not go as you expect you should be reimbursed.

Like that would make any change. Dominant guilds will adapt, cause let's face it, they are fanatics and the other guilds will still complain.

Poor analogy. You get to sell your shares on a stock exchange to recoup at least some of your investment if things aren't going how you want but that's not the case for your city. I'm happy for dominant guilds to adapt to continue to be a success but not all will rise to that challenge and there will be an opportunity for different guilds to meet the challenge.

Granted there will always be guilds that complain. That seems to be the nature of the beast but shouldn't mean that Inno don't shake things up a little to breathe some new life into GvG.

First event should have already told you, you have a timezone problem.

Changing server based on location is stupid. Only players with a country that has a FoE server will profit. Others will not. Is that fair?

Time zone may not have been a major problem during events. GvG is defined at this time by the reset time when most of the action occurs and sectors secured blocking progress for other guilds until the next reset. This is not really the case for other aspects of the game.

I agree with the changing server part. I do not think this is a good solution and I suspect most have built relations within their current world and do not really want to move elsewhere.

The bottom line is many of these problems have been exasperated because Inno caved into whining about GvG from the few (some of which were big spenders) introducing so many restrictions that the game has become overly focused on reset. The original format was far better and it was only those unwilling to adapt to challenges and instead cried and whinged how unfair things are that we find ourselves with such limited choice of tactics left.

If a change in the shield time was introduced these same players would come to the fore again because they really aren't up to the challenge. The same way they did when it changed for a brief period to 10am.

DeletedUser109087

Inno could easily fix this issue. When a new player signs up for the game, TELL THEM there's a choice of server. I suspect that language is auto-selected, but we still get those who signup for EN. so you can help everyone.

I think there's a good business case to start a "pacific" server. If its viable for a finnish server, then surely there's enough aussies/kiwis to make a new server there. I say "pacific" so the kiwis dont cry about it being called an aussie server :)

DeletedUser108047

A GMT+10 server would suit players from Japan, Korea, China, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand. The Thai server is not close enough in time and in any event is not in English.

Players from GMT +7 to the Pacific are disadvantaged to the extent that they cannot participate in GvG at a time that is equally as convenient for players in other time zones. Reset is at 5am in the morning for me; not a cosy just after dinner time for European players. With a young family and a job - that is not achievable even on an occasional basis.

Adjusting the GvG aspect game to be equally available to all players who want to participate should be a guiding principle