• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG one-man ghost guilds

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Spying on guild is, in my opinion, completely legitimate and makes the game more strategical, as you must take care of players getting into or out of your guild, just because somebody can sabotage your guild like that, plus earning trust of the guild becomes a big factor.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Not really. A ghost guild supports a main guild.
Not necessarily main guild. Rogue guilds that fight simply against everyone for their own fun or to make chaos of GvG are also considered ghost guilds. Sometimes they are made by players who just want revenge because their older guild "hurt" them in some way, sometimes they are made by those who simply only love watching the world burn :rolleyes:.

Not necessarily main guild. Rogue guilds that fight simply against everyone for their own fun or to make chaos of GvG are also considered ghost guilds. Sometimes they are made by players who just want revenge because their older guild "hurt" them in some way, sometimes they are made by those who simply only love watching the world burn :rolleyes:.
I think the definition of ghost guilds has spread out a little. Starting with meaning single players from big guilds who made small guilds that could support the main guild to now mean any small 1-2 player guilds.

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I think the definition of ghost guilds has spread out a little. Starting with meaning single players from big guilds who made small guilds that could support the main guild to now mean any small 1-2 player guilds.
Yep, the term "ghost" guild diverged in meanings due to lot of lonely players' wish to have some fun messing with big guilds. I remember one guild in my world that was literally existing to fight major guilds in GvG for "justice" because they felt that big guilds are just scamming players. From that moment, we started using the term "ghost guild" for them too.

GvG - Guild Wars
One player ghost guild's who create havoc are probably not intended, while it may give them solo some macabre fun it is not fun for anyone else.

Fair or unfair, intended or not, it doesn't really make a difference. They're not going to make any changes to GvG anyway. And none of the opinions voiced in this thread are being forwarded to the developers.

GvG must be almost 7 years old and since its begginings the guilds made alliances, hired guilds of one or more members to guard their borders or to attack their rivals, just as it happens in real life.
In the beginning there were many abuses of some players, but Inno created rules to keep the game fair.
At this point, it is necessary to clarify that the actions of the guilds are the result of the ethics that guide them, not the number of their members and I know a number of guilds of many players who do not know what respect and ethics are.

Cuthwolf

Captain
I cannot agree with the advice to post strong DAs. Most ghosters go after battle points - one DA of 8 archers will deter them but a LZ sector with 64 SAAB units will be quickly harvested.