• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: GvG Map Enhancement

• Thread starter DeletedUser101034
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser101034

This thread is to propose a new style and test of guild wars on East Nag.
This is to limit Ghosting and other forms of unethical and unsportsmanship like behaviour.
This will allow fighters more freedom and not to become farmers.
This will allow more guilds to participate and more players to actively take part.

The collection of goods and the tough battles to be fought to gain control of a sector and then taken by GG or pumped up guilds is bitter pill to swallow and needs to be addressed.
The proposal is as follows.

1. GvG maps are reset with the tower reset
a Guild hopping and tower rest to be equal
2. All sectors or all borders to be landing zones or random Lz
3. Siege and defence costs to be addressed

This must be agreed upon by Founders of guilds and they should reply yes/No

Following this system GG, sister and Auntie guilds will have little importance.
Fighter assistance between guilds will be limited and will reduce, if not stop GG altogether
It will creating a free map giving all smaller guilds a chance to own a sector for a limited time
It will enhance the game enjoyment for all players irrespective of size
More guilds and players will be involved thus making it more fun
All bad blood of guild takeovers etc will be erased (one of biggest cause of GG)
All fingerpoint and blaming will stop as it will be a new adventure for all to enjoy

I expect negative comments from the bully boys as they are entrenched and will refuse to move forward and accept change.
This will bring out fresh strategies and enhance our gaming experience after all defending a sector has no strategy neither has being a farmer. taking sectors and fighting on a level playing field is what brings enjoyment to the game. Farming and collecting goods for weeks to have 10 minutes of fighting is not much fun tbh.
Life is one lap we don't get a second chance.
Here is the time and place where we all can change the game for the better.
So it is up to us to make it the best we can without being negative
Regards
JaxDax

DeletedUser97166

I like this idea instead of constant stalemate on the GvG boards and the same guilds taking almost all the sectors. +1 from me

DeletedUser5180

After reset all guilds will rush to occupy all the landing zones (why attack another guild and waste troops / goods on resigning) when you can grab NCP sectors easily.

Once all the sectors are taken that will be it, activity will be pretty much zero and wait for reset next week.

I can't see this happening, guilds have put many many thousands of goods and troops into GvG so far, they will not give all that up for a race to see who can grab the most sectors each week and then lose them again

I applaud the OP for trying to think of a GvG improvement but don't think this is it

DeletedUser101034

After reset all guilds will rush to occupy all the landing zones (why attack another guild and waste troops / goods on resigning) when you can grab NCP sectors easily.

Once all the sectors are taken that will be it, activity will be pretty much zero and wait for reset next week.

I can't see this happening, guilds have put many many thousands of goods and troops into GvG so far, they will not give all that up for a race to see who can grab the most sectors each week and then lose them again

I applaud the OP for trying to think of a GvG improvement but don't think this is it

On reset all sectors to be landing zones. So there can be no hogging the smaller guilds out
yes you will be fighting NPCs, then the defence and expansion of your sectors will commence.
A guild laying multiple sieges will be at risk, these may be attacked by others risking the loss of goods before they take the sectors. Hence the strategy of the game will be enhanced as your budget and strategy takes effect.

DeletedUser99445

Surprised this was offered. We play GvG and that means Guilds fighting with other Guilds to occupy the most sectors and it also means guilds finding ways to keep what they have and take away from others.
Your offering is more like Guild Races Guild to occupy the most sectors the fastest.
Sorry but its a -1 from me.
Its a real struggle to get on the map and advance as I am finding out and that is exactly why I enjoy it. If it was easy then it would never stimulate me to carry on playing.

DeletedUser12400

Gf7zfgT.png

Last edited by a moderator:

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Surprised this was offered. We play GvG and that means Guilds fighting with other Guilds to occupy the most sectors and it also means guilds finding ways to keep what they have and take away from others.
Your offering is more like Guild Races Guild to occupy the most sectors the fastest.
Sorry but its a -1 from me.
Its a real struggle to get on the map and advance as I am finding out and that is exactly why I enjoy it. If it was easy then it would never stimulate me to carry on playing.

Same .
There are several things wrong with GvG right now . But i dont believe this is the answer.

Gaining first ... and then creating a guild developed enough to hold land , is probably the most important part tbh.

sorry Jax.

DeletedUser99445

And I would also like to add that while I was never a fan of all the changes made to GvG such as not being able to delete the HQ etc.......I have found that the harder it has become the more determined I have become with it and it really holds much more attention from me now. I hope they make it even harder to play well.

DeletedUser2989

-1 for the following reason:

What is actually changed from the way it currently works? Sectors once owned by guilds get automatically reverted back to NPC sectors. What this means is an increased amount of fighting against NPC's as every week (or whatever time interval it is) your guild will be fighting those NPC's to get back to what you had if not better. If your unlucky enough to get boxed in (as you can't drop your HQ's) all you have to do is wait a week, build up goods and try again next time.

Why am I confident this is what will happen? Because it already is (on a somewhat smaller scale). Currently the equivalent to the "reset" is the release of the new ages. There are many guilds with people at the end of the tech tree gearing up for the next age to come out so that they can be first to the new sectors. There is no need for these guilds to attack their rivals if they didn't quite get enough points to beat them, they just have to stock up and be faster for the next age.

DeletedUser101034

From all the comments ghosting is not addressed or discussed. This system is to prevent Ghosting and transferring of hitters to smaller guilds, it is also to get more players involved.
Please advise how you -1 brings more players to the game?
a) The Land grab (for use of a better term atm) will happen, is that not the most fun time the game provides? or is having 24hr watches to look for sieges the high point of the game?
b) In the current system how do you prevent ghosting and movement of players? you have a 1 week draft period?
In this system there is no time to ghost or to help other guilds, therefore it is based on the merit of the guild only.
The guild vs guild part will happen because rivals will try land near each other to prevent land acquisition and progress of each other. This will also provide time to adjust your strategy and possible enemy guilds. Due to the time restriction there will be more war and less watching.
c) your system does not give enough guilds a chance as they are blocked out by the larger guilds. This system will give smaller guilds a chance to occupy low point sectors who no large guild wants. So it will enhance the game for hundreds who are sitting on the sidelines not participating.
d) stocking up, yes this is a strategy game. so you may burn all your goods by to much def, or to many lost sieges etc and in the long term you need to adjust your budget and tactics to win
The game is built for Giants only, lets let more players join in the fun, the small players would also like to join in.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

Marking this idea as forwarded due to the GvG feedback thread which forwarded ideas such as "GvG maps are reset", "All sectors or all borders to be landing zones" and "adjustments to siege cost". While all three were not sent as a combined idea this thread covers all three topics in a way others don't. Thus to show this kind of idea has indeed been forwarded this idea will be marked "forwarded".

Status
Not open for further replies.