GvG Importance / Relevance

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DarkUros222, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Finkadel

Finkadel Private

Truly if it is an INTERNATIONAL server so not only English speaking people are here, mind you. Do you speak Polish? Because I don't know a single word in Dutch, you know. But I do know English, modern lingua latina. So that is why I would think using English on international forum is rather politness to other nations, don't you think? If you want to speak Dutch only, go to Dutch forum, where is the problem?

Do you write here only to write something irrelevant or to be heard and understood...? Because if someone cares only to write, not to be understood - that is rude and ignored for purpose.

Amy Steele likes this.
  2. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

I know one word in Polish, but I doubt it will ttranslate well.

What did you just do?

Chalinna likes this.
  3. Chalinna

Chalinna Lieutenant Colonel

@Finkadel fascinating contribution: tell me more..

4. mathew0502

mathew0502 FoE Team Forum Moderator Ingame Moderator

Hello,

I see we are drifting off topic a little, could you please stay on topic? Also, I would like to inform you there is a rule on language and grammar, the rule is "English only. Please limit other languages to well-known quotes or provide a correct translation." - if you struggle with English with it not being your first language we do recommend using a translator.

Also, we recommend if you see a comment that is not in English or that has a spelling error(s), please use the report system and not comment back to the comment.

If you need a translator please contact one of the forum support team we will try to help if we can. But as the topic is about GvG I would love it if we could stick to that, please?

Thank you

Mithrander likes this.
  5. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

You are a bit like mustard after the meal.

Amy already posted all that and that was two weeks ago.

6. Mithrander

Mithrander Sergeant

And yet you continued to take it off topic hence the 2nd reminder, not rocket science

7. George Mac

George Mac Sergeant

I have an idea. I suspect that it is auto battle that is the problem. If auto battle were removed, and everyone had to actually fight, that would certainly change GvG and might actually make it worthwhile playing to everyone. Just a thought.

8. Emberguard

Emberguard FoE Team Forum Moderator

It's a nice thought. But it'd also require changing the number of battles required to defend/conquer. (80 Manuel battles to win..... Hope you've got friends)

If Manuel fixed the problem I wouldn't mind too much as long as its rebalanced in number of fights

9. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

I also have a thought. Try something before you have an idea or opinion about it.

10. George Mac

George Mac Sergeant

Hello Agent, good to see you're as helpful, friendly, and courteous as ever lol. Removing auto would completely transform GvG, it would be a completely different game altogether. There must have been a time before auto battle was introduced, how did it work back then?

11. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

Thanks for proving my point. Auto battle has been there from the start.

12. George Mac

George Mac Sergeant

Well, all the more reason to think about removing auto battle then. If it worked, it would be an amazingly simple fix. As well as removing auto battle, reduce the number of DAs in each sector, and it might just work.

13. Quintense

Quintense Corporal

14. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

Work for what? You are so clueless that it actually becomes insulting.

Removing autobattle will cause a majority of the players to stop fighting cause they don't know how to. Auto battle has been there from the start and has been improved since then. Can you say the same for GvG?

15. George Mac

George Mac Sergeant

There are far too many mechanics here. Mechanics know all there is to know about engines, tweaking them, getting the last electron of energy from them, get more miles per gallon, smoother ride, quieter engines, there isn't anything they don't know about engines. Another trait they all share in common is the disdain they have for anyone who knows nothing about engines. Drivers, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about engines, nor do they care what goes on under the bonnet. Nor should they, that's what mechanics are for. Drivers are only interested in entertainment, does the heater work, is the sound system any good, are the seats comfy. When it comes to gameplay, mechanics generally don't have a clue what entertainment is, all they care about is the stupid engine. Drivers, ie the players, couldn't care less about the stupid engines, all they want is to be entertained. Time you employed some entertainers around here and shuffled one or two of the mechanics into a wee room somewhere by themselves.

Vesiger and Migraine of Ord like this.
  16. Chalinna

Chalinna Lieutenant Colonel

Are we still talking about GvG and wether or not it is relevant?

17. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

You are the first driver I ever met that comes up with hairbrained ideas for the car company, so he has to pay more for the car.

18. George Mac

George Mac Sergeant

Not true Mr Agent Sir, the car is rented out for free. People are driving around in a car that costs them nothing. It's costing someone somewhere quite a lot to keep that car serviced and road worthy. The company is relying on us to keep them employed so they can continue to rent out their car for free. If I had my way, there would be a pay to play version of the game, or something similar, which I have a pretty decent idea for.

19. Agent327

Agent327 Tsar

Not true. They need to buy their own keys, otherwise the car will not start.

So when did they ask for your help in this?

Since the start, did they sack many people or called back any cars?

Please keep it to yourself. I have seen your ideas.

20. Sp32

Sp32 Corporal

Auto battle hasn't been there since the start?

I really like auto battle, it provides an option for someone who doesn't have support of their guild to do 80 battles in about 5 minutes, if I were to manually battle (which I don't think is particularly difficult) then it'd take me about 40 minutes per sector, this used to take me like 2 hours to take 3 sectors, after autobattle I can take the same 3 within about 15 minutes.

To try and take sector over the space of 40 minutes by yourself and not getting caught is unlikely, even more so the more sectors you want to take.

GvG is pretty dead on my server aside from recaps, if the autobattle feature was taken away it'd completely remove me from GvG... And that would make a sad Sp32