• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser110327

Hello Agent, good to see you're as helpful, friendly, and courteous as ever lol. Removing auto would completely transform GvG, it would be a completely different game altogether. There must have been a time before auto battle was introduced, how did it work back then?

Agent327

Overlord
Hello Agent, good to see you're as helpful, friendly, and courteous as ever lol. Removing auto would completely transform GvG, it would be a completely different game altogether. There must have been a time before auto battle was introduced, how did it work back then?

Thanks for proving my point. Auto battle has been there from the start.

DeletedUser110327

Well, all the more reason to think about removing auto battle then. If it worked, it would be an amazingly simple fix. As well as removing auto battle, reduce the number of DAs in each sector, and it might just work.

Agent327

Overlord
Well, all the more reason to think about removing auto battle then. If it worked, it would be an amazingly simple fix. As well as removing auto battle, reduce the number of DAs in each sector, and it might just work.

Work for what? You are so clueless that it actually becomes insulting.

Removing autobattle will cause a majority of the players to stop fighting cause they don't know how to. Auto battle has been there from the start and has been improved since then. Can you say the same for GvG?

DeletedUser110327

There are far too many mechanics here. Mechanics know all there is to know about engines, tweaking them, getting the last electron of energy from them, get more miles per gallon, smoother ride, quieter engines, there isn't anything they don't know about engines. Another trait they all share in common is the disdain they have for anyone who knows nothing about engines. Drivers, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about engines, nor do they care what goes on under the bonnet. Nor should they, that's what mechanics are for. Drivers are only interested in entertainment, does the heater work, is the sound system any good, are the seats comfy. When it comes to gameplay, mechanics generally don't have a clue what entertainment is, all they care about is the stupid engine. Drivers, ie the players, couldn't care less about the stupid engines, all they want is to be entertained. Time you employed some entertainers around here and shuffled one or two of the mechanics into a wee room somewhere by themselves.

DeletedUser

There are far too many mechanics here. Mechanics know all there is to know about engines, tweaking them, getting the last electron of energy from them, get more miles per gallon, smoother ride, quieter engines, there isn't anything they don't know about engines. Another trait they all share in common is the disdain they have for anyone who knows nothing about engines. Drivers, on the other hand, know absolutely nothing about engines, nor do they care what goes on under the bonnet. Nor should they, that's what mechanics are for. Drivers are only interested in entertainment, does the heater work, is the sound system any good, are the seats comfy. When it comes to gameplay, mechanics generally don't have a clue what entertainment is, all they care about is the stupid engine. Drivers, ie the players, couldn't care less about the stupid engines, all they want is to be entertained. Time you employed some entertainers around here and shuffled one or two of the mechanics into a wee room somewhere by themselves.

Are we still talking about GvG and wether or not it is relevant?

Agent327

Overlord

You are the first driver I ever met that comes up with hairbrained ideas for the car company, so he has to pay more for the car.

DeletedUser110327

Not true Mr Agent Sir, the car is rented out for free. People are driving around in a car that costs them nothing. It's costing someone somewhere quite a lot to keep that car serviced and road worthy. The company is relying on us to keep them employed so they can continue to rent out their car for free. If I had my way, there would be a pay to play version of the game, or something similar, which I have a pretty decent idea for.

Agent327

Overlord
Not true Mr Agent Sir, the car is rented out for free. People are driving around in a car that costs them nothing.

Not true. They need to buy their own keys, otherwise the car will not start.

It's costing someone somewhere quite a lot to keep that car serviced and road worthy.

So when did they ask for your help in this?

The company is relying on us to keep them employed so they can continue to rent out their car for free.

Since the start, did they sack many people or called back any cars?

If I had my way, there would be a pay to play version of the game, or something similar, which I have a pretty decent idea for.

Please keep it to yourself. I have seen your ideas.

Sp32

Master Corporal
Work for what? You are so clueless that it actually becomes insulting.

Removing autobattle will cause a majority of the players to stop fighting cause they don't know how to. Auto battle has been there from the start and has been improved since then. Can you say the same for GvG?

Auto battle hasn't been there since the start?

I really like auto battle, it provides an option for someone who doesn't have support of their guild to do 80 battles in about 5 minutes, if I were to manually battle (which I don't think is particularly difficult) then it'd take me about 40 minutes per sector, this used to take me like 2 hours to take 3 sectors, after autobattle I can take the same 3 within about 15 minutes.

To try and take sector over the space of 40 minutes by yourself and not getting caught is unlikely, even more so the more sectors you want to take.

GvG is pretty dead on my server aside from recaps, if the autobattle feature was taken away it'd completely remove me from GvG... And that would make a sad Sp32

DeletedUser

I can’t see the auto battles through the auto battles in this (discussion?) anymore
Where am I and what is this about?

Galladhorn

Monarch
If Auto Battle where to removed, then the amount of battles would need to be adjusted accordingly – Otherwise the time spend would be completely absurd.

It is not like FoE battles are that exciting to do – FoE it is neither Starcraft, Company of Heores, not even like mobile game like "Game of Trones" or any other well known RTS or Turn based strategy game for that sake.

DeletedUser

Auto battle is a relatively new feature to GvG, it was introduced to serve a purpose, if it was removed we would just go back to opening the fight screen before auto battle, no major difference really. GvG would still work ( ha big joke there, GvG work) with or without it.

Agent327

Overlord
Auto battle is a relatively new feature to GvG, it was introduced to serve a purpose, if it was removed we would just go back to opening the fight screen before auto battle, no major difference really. GvG would still work ( ha big joke there, GvG work) with or without it.

Well Mr Big GvG Expert, auto battle has always been part of the game and GvG. The button causing you do no longer have to start the fight has been put in later.

DeletedUser110327

Doesn't auto battle cause huge lag every day at reset? Perhaps reset could be abandoned as well.

DeletedUser

Well Mr Big GvG Expert, auto battle has always been part of the game and GvG. The button causing you do no longer have to start the fight has been put in later.

Exactly what I said, so go crawl back under your bridge