• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser97166

Whereas back in the day it could have been one of many.
A lot of people complained and they decided that the fact people *cough pretend I didn't do it' were creating two or three guilds in one day just so they could attack randomly was too much.

I for one thought it was more fun and would love to be able to do it again :D

DeletedUser99588

A lot of people complained and they decided that the fact people *cough pretend I didn't do it' were creating two or three guilds in one day just so they could attack randomly was too much.

I for one thought it was more fun and would love to be able to do it again :D

I didn't really get involved in it but argued against introducing the 7 day guild return. I've always believed the more restrictions they introduce to GvG the less activity there will be on the maps. Somewhere amongst the old threads there will be words to that effect. Difficult call though because some very strong guilds were using it against much weaker ones. It was quite interesting to watch when two strong guilds were using the tactics against one another. The same for HQ hopping. That definitely livened things up when you could stroll across a map. Too many powerful fighters with huge amount of troops to have that now though but at the time it was quite fun to watch.

Something needs to be done to liven GvG up though. Well in Brisgard anyway I don't know about other worlds. Too many guilds on life support.

Agent327

Overlord
But then it's not a ghost guild as you can see who attacked you. It's just a guild with one person. They also existed back when ghost guilds were being used. I'll give you it ends pretty much with the same carnage but the difference is you know which of the other guilds is behind it. Whereas back in the day it could have been one of many. You had to keep a constant monitor of certain fighters movements. The guild you are in was notorious for it.

You can not always see who attacks you.

DeletedUser97166

Something needs to be done to liven GvG up though. Well in Brisgard anyway I don't know about other worlds. Too many guilds on life support.
This is why we have released almost all of our higher age sectors, so we can just play around now
Our guild is at level 75 which means we cannot go higher, has been for awhile so we don't need the power. So instead we are finding ways to make reset more interesting.

DeletedUser114556

GvG my favorite part of this game this while I started my game on the app September, 2017 and didn’t know about it at all for a long period of time.
That said, many players do not even have a PC or Mac anymore: it’s getting old.
Therefore I understand the focus of the developers lays more in trying to make the app meet the standards of the software version which is far from the case.

The app is missing so much!

- Not being able to chat.
- Being able to write but not read profiles.
- Not being able to play GvG.
- Not being able to see from whom a marketoffer is.
- Paying way more for diamonds (if applicable).
- No collecting timer on GB’s.
- A crippled rankinglist (no variety of tabs).
- Not being able to read guild charters nor see their members.
- No guild forum.
- No opportunity to collect all at once (15 diamonds option).
- Not being welcome in “good” guilds because app players can’t play GvG and can not chat.
- Being blamed for the urge to socialize via guild mail.

The disadvantages are numerous whilst truth has to be said the app is advertised back in 2017 which our family acted upon and we simply could not expect this.
If we only knew by far back when that there are no equal advantages compared to the PC/ Mac players we probably didn’t even consider playing this game.
Looking back I am glad I joined though I’ve met super nice, generous and tolerant people over the time which is compensating a lot :)
That said having a Mac or PC to access the game is absolutely needed in order to blend in with the rest.

GvG knows a lot of problems which need to be addressed but I suppose all in all there are other very urgent matters as well.
I was slightly disturbed a lot of fanciness was released (i.e. the reward system) while there are still so much essentials to do!

And indeed GvG please do something, anything really!

There is a whole new FoE playing generation, like it or not, who souly play via the app and practise a lot of patience in waiting to become a fully recognized and operating player with equal advantages.

Ah that makes sense now. I joined and have been playing on the ipad for some time now - but could not fathom how to access GvG! I assumed my guild needed to be at a certain level to acces this feature. I travel a lot so PC is not really a viable option for me - it would be great to be able access everything via the app!

DeletedUser99588

You can not always see who attacks you.

The ones that do real damage and take several sectors you can. But if you want to pedantic then under certain circumstances they cannot be seen. All depends if your holding landing sectors I guess. But even then the damage that can be done is very limited if trying not to be shown in the event log. Doesn't really compare to the original ghost guilds at all.

You should have been there agent327 in some ways it was whole different GvG.

DeletedUser109475

So I'm coming to this very late and p obably repeating what has already been said previously;

GvG isn't difficult to play, it's just made very difficult to access and play as a team;

*App players excluded
*Battles are era specific
*Global servers & timezones of guild members
*Troop costs, especially if outside current player era
*No obvious guild benefit
*Little reward for the individual

GvG success cannot be bought with diamonds, there's investment in military GB's, barracks, stock piling troops in multiple eras, working alongside other guild members in real time and it takes some fighting skills.
GE can be completed by an individual at any point in the day simply by having a credit card and buying the goods for negotiations, no barracks, no troops and no skill required yet they receive rewards for every encounter and the guild encounter percentage goes up.

Agent327

Overlord
The ones that do real damage and take several sectors you can.
That is not a certainty. There is still a chance you can not see it.

But if you want to pedantic then under certain circumstances they cannot be seen. All depends if your holding landing sectors I guess.

Last time I looked that had nothing to do with it.

But even then the damage that can be done is very limited if trying not to be shown in the event log.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Must have been cause in no way it looks like the one I have been playing,

DeletedUser99588

That is not a certainty. There is still a chance you can not see it.

A chance? Is it luck based, or maybe those naff percentages we have for prizes. I'd ask you to explain further but, well, what would be the point you have no interest in GvG.

Last time I looked that had nothing to do with it.

I have know idea when the last time you looked or if you even have a clue where to look. Your single sentence answers tend to be quite ambiguous and fairly meaningless most of the time. Nothing against short responses if they do the job but sadly yours seem to lack substance. Keep trying though you'll get there I'm sure.

One has nothing to do with the other.

Really. Maybe your not the GvG expert you think you are but I won't bother elaborating as you have no interest in the survival of GvG so would be a waste of effort and both of our time.

Must have been cause in no way it looks like the one I have been playing,

It was in many ways in others remains same old. Why are you playing GvG when you want it removed? Seems a very silly thing for you to be doing unless secretly you love it and all these post are merely to disrupt the forum.

Agent327

Overlord
A chance? Is it luck based, or maybe those naff percentages we have for prizes. I'd ask you to explain further but, well, what would be the point you have no interest in GvG.

Hey, you are the big GvG connaisseur here and I am just the nob, that has only been oplaying for a short time according to you. Are you asking me to explain how it works now?

I have know idea when the last time you looked or if you even have a clue where to look. Your single sentence answers tend to be quite ambiguous and fairly meaningless most of the time. Nothing against short responses if they do the job but sadly yours seem to lack substance. Keep trying though you'll get there I'm sure.

You probably mean NO IDEA and I do not need to get there. People that "know GvG" will know what I mean.

Really. Maybe your not the GvG expert you think you are but I won't bother elaborating as you have no interest in the survival of GvG so would be a waste of effort and both of our time.

Only your time, cause when it comes to GvG you seem to lack some knowledge.

It was in many ways in others remains same old. Why are you playing GvG when you want it removed? Seems a very silly thing for you to be doing unless secretly you love it and all these post are merely to disrupt the forum.

Now we are getting to it. Problem is that you are so full of yourself, that you have blinders. You looked up when I started playing here and from that you concluded that you are way more experienced than I am. It never even occured to you that there are many more servers.

DeletedUser97166

The ones that do real damage and take several sectors you can. But if you want to pedantic then under certain circumstances they cannot be seen. All depends if your holding landing sectors I guess. But even then the damage that can be done is very limited if trying not to be shown in the event log. Doesn't really compare to the original ghost guilds at all.

One thing that really bugs me is people who siege, do a couple fights, the DELETE THE SIEGE!
Give me a chance to play with you too people. And because they have deleted the siege and are not on the map you cannot even see who killed playtime for you as they are not in the logs.

DeletedUser99588

Hey, you are the big GvG connaisseur here and I am just the nob, that has only been oplaying for a short time according to you. Are you asking me to explain how it works now?

Not I'm not I would just ask if I was interested.

You probably mean NO IDEA and I do not need to get there. People that "know GvG" will know what I mean.

Another sentence that tells us nothing.

Only your time, cause when it comes to GvG you seem to lack some knowledge.

I'm sure i do I don't claim to know it all unlike some.

Now we are getting to it. Problem is that you are so full of yourself, that you have blinders. You looked up when I started playing here and from that you concluded that you are way more experienced than I am. It never even occured to you that there are many more servers.

You really have no idea what has occurred to me but please tell me more. Don't be shy let us all know about the servers, worlds you play or played and the names you used. See when I'm interested I'll ask :)

Oh and keep enjoying your GvG although you don't want it to exist. lol

DeletedUser99588

One thing that really bugs me is people who siege, do a couple fights, the DELETE THE SIEGE!
Give me a chance to play with you too people. And because they have deleted the siege and are not on the map you cannot even see who killed playtime for you as they are not in the logs.

lol, I errr don't know what you mean :D

DeletedUser

If they have placed a siege on your sector then you can see who is sieging you, if they are just attacking a siege you have placed then you can not see who they are.

DeletedUser97166

If they have placed a siege on your sector then you can see who is sieging you, if they are just attacking a siege you have placed then you can not see who they are.
Not true if you did not see the siege until after it was deleted and it was on a LZ and that guild holds no sectors on the map.
It will just say unknown guild if the siege is not active.