• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: ( Guild Vs Guild )GVG Colourblind mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser105344

Proposal:
I personally, am colourblind and find that within GvG, quickly identifying the hexes my guild own on the map (without taking ages to hover over each one individually) is quite difficult due to the current colour scheme used.
I looked in the settings and didn't see anything about a "colourblind Mode"
I Suggest implementing something like a custom map colour scheme where we can set our guild territories, NPC Territories and enemy territories a colour of our choosing, thus making it easier for colourblind people (as they can set the scheme to colours they can easily identify).
I believe tribal Wars premium had something similar as a reference.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
I currently see no similar "custom colour/Colourblind mode" posts

Reason:
I believe the option to customise a group of hexes on the GvG map (your guild, NPC hexes, and options to set colours for other guilds) will make the gvg aspect of the game more accessible for colourblind people, as they can set a scheme of colours that they are able to easily identify. I also think it can help non colourblind players as they can "paint" a number of guilds a specific colour. For example, a guild/player may want to target or mark the number 1 guild in their GVG age, so they "paint" them red.

Details:
General concept could probably work something like this, but suggestions are welcome:

Guild Territories: [Red]

NPC Territories: [Blue]

Custom 1:
(insert drop box to choose from a list of guilds in the age map) : [Yellow]

Custom 2:
(insert drop box to choose from a list of guilds in the age map) : [White]

Custom 3:
(insert drop box to choose from a list of guilds in the age map) : [Black]

Balance and Abuse Prevention:
I think as this idea doesnt affect any core game mechanics and is just a visual change, I cant really forsee a way to "break" the idea or abuse it.

Summary:
In short, giving players an option to cutomise the colours that sets of gvg hexes display as can make the game more accessible for colourblind players such as myself, while still having the potential to be useful to all other players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105347

+1 to idea. it doesn't sound like impossible to add to player settings and would help many players out there

DeletedUser1081

+1!

I'm not colourblind but the imposed colours look like rotting meat. I'd love to have an alternative.

DeletedUser97018

+1
it would be helpful to many
and to us that don't like the colours chosen for us ;)

DeletedUser15432

I also like this idea and therefore add a +1 for it as it will assist all those who suffer from colour blindness

DeletedUser

+1

Personally I wouldn't change my settings if this was implemented, I like to see them as they are. But I can completely understand the need for something like this, having worked with visually impaired people I know how challenging it can be. So definitely a +1 from me for making the game more accessible.

DeletedUser105344

Thanks for all your support guys, hopefully this gets noticed more :)

DeletedUser102051

yeah, make it light white, dark white and regular white :D

but if u leave jokes, then yeah, many are out there struggline :) +1

DeletedUser

+1 from me. Not that I am color blind, but I know other gamers for whom it can be quit an hassle.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
+1

personally , i would like to see a dif colour for each guild on map.
be far more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.