• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content GvG Change - no more aggressive NPCs

• Thread starter DeletedUser16026
  • Start date

DeletedUser2989

This change doesn't favor large guilds (ie. strong guilds with many players), it favors guilds that have a many sectors on a map. But this could just as well be a small guild with only 25 members.

I think when most are talking about the large guilds they are actually referring to the guilds with many sectors, it's just a little confusing now that guilds can be big in two ways. I think more often than not guilds are either large in members and large in sector ownership or small in members and small in sector ownership but as you said there are certainly exceptions. You're right though this change favors those with few members looking to hold onto large lands (that would normally border raiders) or those with less active members. Most "large" (large in both senses) guilds with a decent amount of activity from it's members probably didn't have problems with NPC damage before, so while they benefit it probably doesn't mean as much (as they are still held back by goods costs to try and expand).

DeletedUser99445

A large guild is a large guild but a small guild with lots of sectors in high age maps is a guild that has been artificially set up by other players from large guilds joining them to set them up as barriers for the BIG guild.
There are plenty of examples of this type of play in all the worlds.
Its the whole guild alliance thing at its worst.
It's also *ONE* of the main catalysts for Ghost Guild activity.

DeletedUser106685

I think when most are talking about the large guilds they are actually referring to the guilds with many sectors, it's just a little confusing now that guilds can be big in two ways. I think more often than not guilds are either large in members and large in sector ownership or small in members and small in sector ownership but as you said there are certainly exceptions. You're right though this change favors those with few members looking to hold onto large lands (that would normally border raiders) or those with less active members. Most "large" (large in both senses) guilds with a decent amount of activity from it's members probably didn't have problems with NPC damage before, so while they benefit it probably doesn't mean as much (as they are still held back by goods costs to try and expand).

Yes, that's what I meant, thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: