• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: GvG Battle freezes and internal errors

vlahia

Private
  • World: Cirgard
  • Browser and Version: Opera
  • Overview of the bug:
  • Screenshots: Untitled.png
  • How often this occurs:
  • Urgency:
  • Preventative Actions:
  • Summary:
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:

I fought in PME GvG map, and I got a message ''Sorry,an internal error occurred. Please try later!'' in the middle of the fight. I had to reload 3 or 4 times to finish one battle. I was lucky and I wasn't spotted and I managed to finish with one siege but it was really annoying..

DeletedUser97349

Thank you for your bug report. Are you able to recall which units you were using? Also, did you notice any unusual circumstances, for example, a greater movement range on your unit than should be available? Or did the error occur at the same point in the battle, or when you were attempting to move to a particular hex or terrain type?

DeletedUser6974

same thing happened to several of us in the Tomorrow GvG yesterday, right in the middle of battling, the same Internal error message as well as a "Database Error" message, right in the middle of battling, kept locking up and had to reset over and over to finish.

DeletedUser97349

same thing happened to several of us in the Tomorrow GvG yesterday, right in the middle of battling, the same Internal error message as well as a "Database Error" message, right in the middle of battling, kept locking up and had to reset over and over to finish.

You did not happen to capture a screen shot of the database error message by any chance?

DeletedUser99588

This isn't anything new its been happening since GvG was released. Including being locked out of a sector part way through a battle and by the time it does allow you back in the defenders have replaced defence.

DeletedUser97349

This isn't anything new its been happening since GvG was released. Including being locked out of a sector part way through a battle and by the time it does allow you back in the defenders have replaced defence.

I have had an internal error instead of the normal 'battle aborted' message reported before, but the description in the opening post sounded like it was a solo attack, which would rule that out. I have also had a similar report of this occurring on the continent map, but have thus far been unable to confirm it. The database error I have not seen before, so would be really keen to get more details on that if possible.

vlahia

Private
I usually used one MG team and 7 rogues and when I skip first MG's move and click on ''finish battle automatically'' I get that message... Today it happened in East-Nagach too in LMA GvG map.. I used heavy unit and 7 rogues and I clicked on ''finish batlle automatically'' and after that I got ''Sorry,an internal error occurred. Please try later!'' message,and when I reloaded the battle was finished...

DeletedUser6974

You did not happen to capture a screen shot of the database error message by any chance?

no i didnt grab a screenshot, its a quick message, its the same coloring as in the above "Sorry, an Error has Occured". All it says is "Database Error" and the game restarts by itself, with this message i do not have to restart the game to free up a locked screen, it restarts on its own.

DeletedUser97349

I will need to leave this as an ongoing investigation due to difficulties recreating it.

DeletedUser6974

internal error

i got the same message as always again yesterday in the middle of battling.
locked me out of the fights until i closed my browser and reloaded from scratch.
as you can see in the background of the attached screenshot the battling continued for others.
This time it was on the Colonial Age GvG map, same thing has happened in various other ages.
same thing has happened with my other team mates, locked out of battles at critical times.
internal_error.jpg

DeletedUser105544

i got the same message as always again yesterday in the middle of battling.
locked me out of the fights until i closed my browser and reloaded from scratch.
as you can see in the background of the attached screenshot the battling continued for others.
This time it was on the Colonial Age GvG map, same thing has happened in various other ages.
same thing has happened with my other team mates, locked out of battles at critical times.
View attachment 8851

Happened to me recently in Dinegu world too.

rjs66

Lieutenant
It has happened to me on multiple occasions

it seems to be most common when a siege status changes, either by being lifted by the attackers or if the sector is captured, whilst i am fighting on the battlefield.
it happens in different ages and with different troop configurations

DeletedUser16026

Question for rjs66 and anyone else who has previously experienced this issue --- have you experienced it since the 1.54 game update (that one took place this past Thursday on the 25th)? Thank you for all the info.

DeletedUser97579

Yes - last night and this.
Admittedly, more common tonight was just the spinning shield - sat there without updating (needing a browser reload to resolve).

DeletedUser16026

Thank you both. :) So the issue has not been resolved. I'll make a note of that and we'll keep trying to work it out.

DeletedUser103482

I have had the same error message as well. Mostly fighting in Iron Age GvG.

Do not recall if it has happened on the Continental map.

OSUstephen

DeletedUser65431

:( Community managers unable to find the cause, developers incapable of fixing the problem. Waste of time reporting this issue. :(

DeletedUser16026

Actually, that is the exact reason why players should report it - because we need as much info as we can get.

The devs are already working on GvG freezing issues, but I cannot reassure everyone that all these freezes will be resolved with said fix. As we do not have reproduction steps I'm not sure the cause is the same for all of them.