• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guilds Problems

DeletedUser110480

@Vicmor 700 i wasn't referring to those kinds of threads. Every guild worth their salt has those threads.

The only guild I find people returning to is the guild that talks outside of those threads. The feedback we get when they return is that they can't find another guild that talks. Even if the guilds they try have every thread imaginable and are very active, everywhere else is so quiet they're bored and couldn't wait to come back.

Create a general chat thread. Engage with your guild. Create friendships and they'll want to stay because of the connection. Without that all the benefits in the world won't retain them

Indeed , I am not much of a talker..I am an organizer and warrior..In Fel D. , I installed a leader and had written him exactly that..Maybe he can do the conversations..Seems , that he too, is a quiet person..

But still I stick to my opinion that there are too many guilds..Cut the amount in half , and bring all those free players in the rest guilds..To do this , FoE must use some pull and push factors..And about these factors , I had written ..

DeletedUser110480

Some do not aim for a stuffed guild but hook up with friends vs people who like their guild maxed out and everything in between.
Achieving a stuffed guild takes efforts and usually does not happen out of nothing.

So I hope FoE does not change anything at all.

Some , but not all.. Some are recruiting players all the time..The guild has to pay goods at GE for inactive players..Indeed you have to kick those players out..And that means , recruiting time again and again for new members..

DeletedUser

Some , but not all.. Some are recruiting players all the time..The guild has to pay goods at GE for inactive players..Indeed you have to kick those players out..And that means , recruiting time again and again for new members..

Couldn’t have said it any better ;)

I lead 2 guilds for quite some time and I always prefer to keep our numbers anywhere from 25 to 35 people. I never struggled to get players and could easily get 70 or whatever the maximum is, but only take players that are serious and complete GE on weekly basis. So it depends on guild goals... Some guilds intentionally keep numbers lower.

Affy.

Corporal
It depends on what you want to achieve with your Guild , some are very strict , some really cruizy , I find the Guilds that dont interact very boring ,members wont stick around , and helping each other is what its about , having a laugh . I visit alot of Guilds to get ideas , then come back and sharpen up ours . Helps to involve the Guild in decisions and ideas as well.. Great Leaders is the key :)

DeletedUser116469

@Vicmor 700 i wasn't referring to those kinds of threads. Every guild worth their salt has those threads.

The only guild I find people returning to is the guild that talks outside of those threads. The feedback we get when they return is that they can't find another guild that talks. Even if the guilds they try have every thread imaginable and are very active, everywhere else is so quiet they're bored and couldn't wait to come back.

Create a general chat thread. Engage with your guild. Create friendships and they'll want to stay because of the connection. Without that all the benefits in the world won't retain them
How do I create a general chat thread?

DeletedUser113125

How do I create a general chat thread?
There is the main thread for each guild in game but some guilds don’t like chat there as it is stickied so they prefer it for important announcements. You should be able to set up a message that includes all guild members. Having some basic guild rights allows you to auto select all guild members which makes it quicker.

Snarko

Private
But still I stick to my opinion that there are too many guilds..Cut the amount in half , and bring all those free players in the rest guilds..To do this , FoE must use some pull and push factors..And about these factors , I had written ..
You have concluded that there are too many guilds. We need fewer guilds with more members per guild. I would agree with that conclusion. The problem is simple. There are too many people who want to lead guilds compared to the number of people who want to just play in them.

Here's the part we disagree about. Your solution is "I'm going to lead guilds and try to recruit from the tiny pool of players looking for guilds". How is that helpful when there are too many guilds? You are making the problem worse!
If you seriously want to do something about the problem then find a dozen small guilds and merge with them. Even dissolving your guild and giving up founder rights if you have to.

Emberguard

Legend
How do I create a general chat thread for guild members
By creating a group message with all guild members

For Mobile:
Create message
Add recipients
Guild members
Select all

For Desktop:
Create message
Add all guild members

Please note: if you’re not a guild founder or leader you’ll need the permissions activated to access the all guild members button.