• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Wars Proposition

Amy Steele

General
I'm reposting/quoting this post from Griefental World Forum solely in my capacity as a Founder of a guild on Fel Dranghyr and not in my capacity as a Senior Moderator. I am 100% behind this idea and would love to see it adopted across all worlds, but do not play in Greifental and therefore did not feel qualified to post in that thread. I have quoted it verbatim but am of course here addressing my fellow guild founders and leaders on Fel Dranghyr.

(I post this in a player capacity and my position of Senior Moderator is irrelevant in regards this post)

To all fellow players that play on Greifental.....

As we all know, the "tactic" of using "ghost guilds" is ruining GvG for all of us and is sucking the enjoyment out of playing and is costing us all dearly. The support team cannot interfere as it is not strictly against the rules, which personally, I think is a huge mistake by the Innogames managers, no disrespect of course, just stating my opinion.

I therefore propose that we, the players, make a stand and agree together not to use this under-hand and enjoyment sucking loop-hole and I would therefore ask guild leaders to consider a GvG Treaty - like a FoE version of the Geneva Convention if you like!

Because of the extent of this problem, it won't be any good having one or two guilds sign up and see who signs up first, we need to make the decision together to create a fairer, more enjoyable game for us all. For guilds with "Sister Guilds", for example, Kingdom Hearts 1, Kingdom Hearts 2, etc. The entire guild must sign up if they choose to do so; it would defeat the objective to have 2 out of 4 sisters guilds sign up.

To be clear, my proposition is to boycott the use of creating a guild that is used to besiege an owned sector with the intention of releasing the sector from ownership by all guilds. This action provides no advantage to the attacking guild and is utilised purely to damage other guilds with virtually no cost. This is NOT an alliance proposition and any guilds that sign up may be attacked by any established guild. Players that break this agreement can be publicly named and shamed and I would suggest that any player breaking the agreement be ejected from their guild and signed-up guilds refuse to recruit that player to their guild.

Together we can stand up and ensure a fairer and more enjoyable GvG experience for us all.

For now, this thread is to guage the potential of this agreement and if there is enough agreement to make it feasible, then a new thread will be created to officially sign guilds into the treaty.

Please post below if your guild would be willing to join this treaty and post any other conditions you would want to be considered. Please can we stick to guild leaders/founders posting to ensure someone of suitable responsibility is expressing this intention.

I ask that those founders/leaders of Fel Dranghyr guilds give their consideration to this treaty and post their responses in this thread.

Last edited:

DeletedUser101150

As a player and founder on Fel Dranghyr myself, and also not in my capacity as a Moderator, I completely support this treaty. If we can get everyone together on this and spread the word, I see it being a very effective response to 'ghost guilds'.
Great idea, consider my guild in :)

DeletedUser4089

As a player and founder on Fel Dranghyr myself, and also not in my capacity as a Altruist, I completely support this treaty. If we can get everyone together on this and spread the word, I see it being a very effective response to 'ghost guilds'.
Great idea, consider my guild in (Most likely anyway) :)

DeletedUser5180

As founder of Warlords of Fel who have never used this tactic we are in 100%

DeletedUser16126

Like most things in FoE, everything shall be seen in a bigger picture.
Just highlighting one item and ignoring all similar behavior is the way many things are fixed, but not solved....
Players always find a way around, and some others are just forcing things to gain an advantage theirselves.
For me ghost guilds are just an item of a certain behavior that screws up GvG.
As a semi-big guild you can perfectly act in the same way as a ghost guild, you can play to cause only damage to other guilds.
That's what we currently encounter in FD. These kind of guilds are even more dangerous for GvG that real ghost guilds. A ghost guild typically has a small amount of members, if such semi-big guild would be organized then they can completely screw up the game.
Any change that INNO will do on avoiding ghosting will be for sure open a door to: - another way of ghosting like play, e.g. by having a permanent sisterguild for fighting or - it will have a big impact on the smaller guilds that have serious trouble gathering the goods and military.

I say NO to this proposal, not because I want to be able to ghost, I will never do...
But at this moment it's the only way for bigger guilds to defend what they have against a guild that only targets damaging them.
There are many other dirty ways of playing GvG.
Don't understand all this fuzz, created by a guild that is playing itself in a dirty way at the moment.

DeletedUser15977

How can you say we are playing a dirty game?

We have taken big risks taking on stronger Guilds, we test them and at the same time we test ourselves, the dirtyness is when said strong Guilds resort to underhand tactics such as ghosting. When that has happened we come back at them with avengance and yes it hurts them more than it does us, that is there punishment! If we manage to keep sectors then great, if not we try again when we are stronger, if said Guilds took us in a fair fight, without ghosting, we would have left them alone until we felt we had a stronger chance.

We have lost lots of sectors in many Era's which cost us 10's of thousands of goods AND AT NO TIME DID WE EVER GHOST. We defended the best we could in a fair manner.

DeletedUser11787

How can you say we are playing a dirty game?

We have taken big risks taking on stronger Guilds, we test them and at the same time we test ourselves, the dirtyness is when said strong Guilds resort to underhand tactics such as ghosting. When that has happened we come back at them with avengance and yes it hurts them more than it does us, that is there punishment! If we manage to keep sectors then great, if not we try again when we are stronger, if said Guilds took us in a fair fight, without ghosting, we would have left them alone until we felt we had a stronger chance.

We have lost lots of sectors in many Era's which cost us 10's of thousands of goods AND AT NO TIME DID WE EVER GHOST. We defended the best we could in a fair manner.

yeah fair, ganging up with PK to fight PT and whipe out teutonic knights lol

DeletedUser15977

To put the record straight, we did not gang up... PK took advantage... as for TK, just look at the map, do you really think we wanted to be stuck there with just 4 sectors? It really doesn't need much intelligence to see what actually happened to us there!

DeletedUser2989

Please remember this thread is not intended to debate what guilds are doing to each other in GvG it is about guild representatives publicly promising to not use the ghost guild tactic. So if you wish to represent your guild in a public promise to not ghost then this is the thread to use, if you wish to debate who attacked who or is playing dirty then that is better of in a different thread as it distracts from the purpose of this one.

Note: It would be on topic if someone was to point out how one of the promises made in the thread was broken and having a debate about that but this thread would still be primarily for making the promise to not ghost.