• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109087

in my opinion, you are not making GvG better by this, you are making it worse

no, just different. maybe find a diff server that has reset earlier. then go attack gvg when most are sleeping. as that is what the US players will do to the UK server

OK, EN server is not a UK server really. why not ? there's a local server for most languages. there's a US server for US, for example. why cant we have a UK server, with English instead of yank-speak. we do not play soccer. we say coloUr. the DE server says football instead of soccer. if its an international server, make it en-GB not en-US please

DeletedUser117175

Additional Recalculation Timers

My comment: Changing it to a 4-hourly calculation is going to make things a lot more interesting but also a lot more time and unit consuming. We will probably see a lot more “alliances” taking sectors from each other every 4-hours. All Ages needs to change, it should be a lot more expensive for people to fight this age. A change could be to have a minimum number of members, and siege cost per member in your guild. Let’s say you have 30 members where 10 are in Mars and 20 are in future age. A siege should cost 20 Mars goods and 10 Future age goods and increase this slightly per sector you hold. This way the guild treasury for Artic future and above will also be used. Using Medals in All Ages has become a joke, every guild with a few high members have over 10 million medals at least.

Removal of Bronze Age Units

My comment: I really like this change, but it needs more than just this, it will just increase the point farming on landing zones because they can’t be filled anymore with spears to go against this. In my world every landing zone gets attacked by random guilds with a few members trying to farm for points. If you are going to introduce this remove the small point farming guilds from attacking. Maybe make it so you can only fight in All Ages when you have a certain number of sectors in lower ages, this will also make battling in for example Iron Age a lot more interesting! Currently no-one will fight in lower era’s because the amount of points you get are equal to a single AA sector!

Reduce Point Farming Profitability

My comment: Nice addition but this will still allow sectors to be farmed, I would let my All Ages sectors be filled by someone in a lower age, then release and be able to farm points on Mars units! I’d rather see them yield no points after releasing a sector, so a released sector does not yield battle points for the guild that released it. Of course you could do it with an alliance guild that you take each other sectors and farm like that but I’ll let you guys think about this!

Confirmation Checkboxes

My comment: Amazing addition, to allow people to defend easier it should be a lot easier to fill DA’s. Maybe a button that allows you to replace the units in a sector with the lowest health?

Camera Focus
My comment: Another addition is that it automatically opens the map which you’ve last visited, crashes happen often and it would be a lot nicer if you’d be able to just press “V” to open the last map you’ve fought on directly!

Bug Fixes
My comment: Looking forward to the list!

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
So, GvG is playing 5% of FOE players, and now Inno wants to change recalc from 24h to 4h because of players who cant play GvG at reset to be fair play?

Why want Inno help them if they joned the wrong server? If this is an EN server and US players are playing here then sorry, ask inno to move you to another world.

4h recalc/reset - 4 releases within 24h - and if the mods here are right, Guild will get every 4h the same points like they get now within 24h - so in this new way guilds cant hold many sectors, because they will just run out of goods (no releases, 4h spending goods that 4x more like now...) - and no one will add more than 1-2 DAs per sector, so inno you can change 8DAs to 4DAs max in a sector

With all this new GvG features guilds will run out of goods and fighters will be without units, so you will need to pick up your fights. Stronger guilds will fight only on highest 1-3 maps and so on.

When new Guild Battleground will come in maybe no one will play GvG because it will be just to much pain and because you cant secure sectors, its pure pointless play. Maybe it is time to we all focus on farming if Inno want to break the fighting?

knycknac

Private
I like the idea of the 4 hour change and removal of spears which can be mass produced very quickly
but some other changes could be made along the way
There will be literally no point in moving the HQ as you can attack from fresh every 4 hours

There should be a limit to the number of sectors a guild can take per 4 hour period equal to the number of members in the guild
this will limit the ghoster guilds with 1 or 2 members

OF VF AF goods are of no value in the guild treasury so why not be able to use them for lower age maps

Inno should also consider possibly introducing a special event building that will help reduce military construction time -- not so easy for top end players as they will need to make room for these buildings -- which will be harder than a GB that just levels all the time to do this -- even special event buildings that also produce random units as the emissaries do

Finally what we are all missing here is that they are trying to improve the game for all users and they can not please everyone
ask yourself this question --if i had gone and got a playstation game how long would i be playing the game and how long have you
been playing FOE ??

KronikPillow

Sergeant
no, just different. maybe find a diff server that has reset earlier. then go attack gvg when most are sleeping. as that is what the US players will do to the UK server

OK, EN server is not a UK server really. why not ? there's a local server for most languages. there's a US server for US, for example. why cant we have a UK server, with English instead of yank-speak. we do not play soccer. we say coloUr. the DE server says football instead of soccer. if its an international server, make it en-GB not en-US please

you obviously didn't read my entire post and got the point of it please read everything before you comment on anything as otherwise, you are just trolling, 4h timer resets = empty guild treasuries due to Ghosting Guilds, a local server for most languages? I find that statement to be false, because there isn't, there is a huge amount of slavic people in the game (especially from Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Montenegro) and there is no local server for those players ... and "local servers" are not a response to US players playing on EN servers, and EN players playing on US servers .... it makes no difference to people who are in the EU if they play a UK or a "local" server because the time zone difference varies from +2 to -2h and it's not a really big issue, and players who play outside of their timezone shouldn't be the reason for Inno to change the entire GvG mechanism from 24h to 4h, that is a HUGE DIFFERENCE, even 8h is to much, people work, have lives, a 12h reset timer would be something more acceptable then a 4h or 8h ... with 4h timers, a guild, could just wait before claiming any land, and then ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost till they drain an entire guild's treasury for eras bellow CE, and then claim lots of land, and a monopoly would be created either way, we all know how hard it is to acquire lower age players, who can actually help the treasury, especially on old severs ... on the other hand, US players playing EN servers so that they can attack while others sleep, really doesn't do much good and doesn't give them any real success if they are faced off vs a properly organized guild ... if you play Greinfetal you would know that, as Lords of War are being ghosted in every era, being attacked daily by multiple guilds, and we lose max 4-6 sectors per 1 attack, then just retake it back tommorow after reset, because simply to put it, we have 15-30 daily GvG fighters compared to other guilds who can barely gather 5-10 ....

also these talks of en-US en-GB and who says what and how, seriously, do you listen to your self? how is that in anyway related to GvG?

a 4h reset timer, is simply not fair game, it will ruin the entire GvG experience

on the 2nd point, to that moderator who directed me towards the "scalability" of the game ... I do not see how scalability of the current map is a issue, Inno could just create a new continent from the start, that would be in a "2nd tab" of the GvG map, similar to the Continent Map solutions, you just havent given it proper thought, there is a wide range of AF OF VF players, and they practically have no reasons to recruit their age units because TF tanks are alone enough to complete entire AF OF VF continent maps with a little skill in manual battle and a high attack boost, and GE4 is also easily completed with TF tanks and current age artillery, in combination with rogues ..... having it be like that, and having the fact that AF/OF/VF units are useless vs SAM units, there is no reason for any player to recruit any AF/OF/VF units at all, and by having it like that, the game isn't being played as intended ......

on top of all that, PvP + GE+ GvG on a 4h reset+GvGBG = no units for anyone, I have a lvl 86 Traz, and I'm barely able to keep up with daily GvG, and I don't even fight every era we fight in ... this will not increase the number of fighters, it will decrease the number of fighters, because players with small trazes will even less be able to participate then now, and the worth of high levle trazes, and the effort put in to having a one, will drastically be reduced

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Bottom line they are determined to kill GvG, simply because they are incapable of fixing it, rather a sad state of affairs really.

Instead of fixing it and addressing individual issues and coming up a playable version , they just throw crap like this at it, sad and disappointing.

Wulf13

Private
If I am reading the update notes correctly, you are making GvG a professional feature.
1. 4 hour intervals are ridiculous especially when you lose your protection each time. 8 hour intervals would just be acceptable. FoE was and is meant to be not only a strategy game but also a social platform where people from all regions of the world can meat. So, although calc is at an inconvenient time for players of some regions, it still was a time where all players of a guild could come together to chat as well as fight in real time. So 1 calc every 8 hours would be somewhat acceptable, as it would allow for a more convenient time for the various time zones. Downside is the social side of GvG is divided up by these timezones and will lead to cliques forming in each guild as per time zone. This does not help to hold a guild together.
2. Taking spears out of AA and replacing released sectors troops with the highest level troops in AA makes it impossible for lower age players to participate in that map. Even higher era players will not be able to defeat VR troops....again ridiculous.
3. replacing released sectors troops with random troops changes the game completely and defeats any strategy you may come up with. FoE is meant to be a strategy game!

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
With new Guild Battleground Inno will made use of all that AF, OF, VF, SAM goods...so forget about GvG if that 4h changes will be made, its just to big changes. Even 12h reset for the start would be enough if they realy want to keep GvG and offer GvG experience for all players, not 4h..it will be a rampage..pointless one...but they will see on beta servers.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I have another thing to add to my points of the mess that Inno is trying to introduce with this nonsense .....

What about Guilds GvG leaders and trusted rights and GvG strategies?

for a guild to have enough releases per a 4h basis, every single player would need to have trusted rights, by having every single player with trusted rights, total chaos could occur in the absence of a GvG leader and noob guild members doing in GvG what they want and like, guild treasuries would be destroyed, alliances would be broken, overall the entire experience and GvG politics will be destroyed by it, GvG leaders can't be present every 4h to run GvG strategy of a guild.

if a guild wouldn't give every member trusted rights, and if a member with trusted rights isn't present during an attack on his own guild, the defending guild would practically never be able to defend any attacks, because the players without trusted rights rights who might be online at that time, would just lose troops trying to defend for a impossible task, we all know that this game favors the attacker, not the defender, I'm from a guild with 15-30 daily GvG fighters, which has held top 1 for 1071 days (Lords of War from Greinfetal) and I'm it's GvG leader, the only way, we were ever able to defend a sector against an enemy was by taking the enemy sectors that we were being attacked from and placing a shield on them, and then breaking their siege, if we didn't manage to do that, the enemy would instantly move their HQ to the sector they would take from us, and after all the sectors adjacent to it would be instantly lost, regardless of the fact that we have more fighters then they do because simply to put it

like @wulf13 said by doing this, you are making GvG a "proffesional only" feature witch will make it a hell of time consuming, you will not increase the # of fighters, you will decrease it ...

I also heavily disagree that the current system is broken and unplayable, it is very playable, and it's the most fun aspect of the game as it is, those comments are coming from crying guilds who lack the firepower trough the # of fighters in the guild, and who lack the brains to develop a proper GvG strategy, so they cry how the system is broken because they can't do anything with their sorry little guilds, they won't be happy with any system introduced, as in each possible scenario, they will still lack the # of fighters to do proper GvG, and will still cry that the system is broken ... if a guild has some % of regular fighters throughout their overall membership, GvG is very playable, and very fun

8h reset basis is also to much, that means that fighters need to be present every 8 hours for a guild to be able to maintain some land, and some power ....

on top of that, replacing units with random units, is PURE NONSENSE and it destroys any strategy that a guild can think of ... one of my favorite strategies in multi age GvG, when I have to chose first focus of my guild between 2 eras beacuse I have to deal with 2 enemy guilds in 2 different eras, is to take sectors in front of me in a lower priority era, fill them up with proper DA combos, and then release them before reset, so that when the enemy starts attacking those sectors they would be slowed down, and by slowing them down, I would buy time for my guild to deal with the higher priority era and an enemy there, and to come back to the lower priority era after and break the enemy siege on the properly filled NPC sector, and steal it, to shield it from them until tomorow ...

knycknac

Private
I feel that the context of what is being offered here is taken well out of proportion
Battling in any game will always favour the high end players and guilds.

Lower end players are often left with very little option either as they are not good enough to become a member of the higher end guild
and when a member of the smaller guild have very little chance of participation due the their lack of firepower, so have a tendency to lose interest.

Now the 4 hour feature does not make it easier for those guilds/players just makes it harder for the high end guilds as they need to organise themselves to be online more rather than just the hour around CC, they will also have to work out some changes to their game play to keep themselves at the top on a daily basis.

I see on Fel server there is a daily battle at CC which suits those players that can make themselves free all good and well if you are single -- but be in a relationship -- have kids -- have some social life -- end result very poor CC time so why bother playing GvG

Yes @KronikPillow -- i agree with some of your comments but are they based on the fact that due to your strong power and having a good bunch of guild members that are available at cc this makes it easier for you to fight -- now if this means fighting at different times daily this will make life possibly harder for you and your guild and give the lesser guilds a little bit of fun and possible motivation saying YES I GOT A SECTOR off them or maybe 2 --- when non league team scores a goal in a cup match against a top Premier league team even if the lost 10-1 they enjoy that moment

So even if these changes are possibly a strain on the top guilds -- they are a start of something different but any good player/guild adapts to changes and shows their worth in this manner

I complain non stop about all these updates and new layouts etc in RL things like emails -- formats -- screen things etc but i just have to accept it and go with the times and as you get older it gets harder -- i have to get my grandchildren to explain some things to me and even had my great grandchild explain changes to me.

DeletedUser

If I am reading the update notes correctly, you are making GvG a professional feature.
1. 4 hour intervals are ridiculous especially when you lose your protection each time. 8 hour intervals would just be acceptable. FoE was and is meant to be not only a strategy game but also a social platform where people from all regions of the world can meat. So, although calc is at an inconvenient time for players of some regions, it still was a time where all players of a guild could come together to chat as well as fight in real time. So 1 calc every 8 hours would be somewhat acceptable, as it would allow for a more convenient time for the various time zones. Downside is the social side of GvG is divided up by these timezones and will lead to cliques forming in each guild as per time zone. This does not help to hold a guild together.
2. Taking spears out of AA and replacing released sectors troops with the highest level troops in AA makes it impossible for lower age players to participate in that map. Even higher era players will not be able to defeat VR troops....again ridiculous.
3. replacing released sectors troops with random troops changes the game completely and defeats any strategy you may come up with. FoE is meant to be a strategy game!

Absolutely spot on, yet another Inno ill thought out idea

DeletedUser114827

On the topic of Reducing Point Farming Profitability. The proposed change will not prevent AA point farming - it will actually have the reverse effect of increasing point farming. Instead of releasing the sector - guilds will simply use a ghost or alliance guild to take turns running-down the sector - the sector will never be released so the proposal is doomed. This is actually a much more efficient way to point farm so point farming is likely to increase rapidly as more and more guilds use their entire daily Traz output to generate SAM Champs. Another classic case of Life finds a way.

DeletedUser

Stupidest 'improvements' i've ever seen. It is safe to say you want to destroy GVG before introducing Guild Battlefields.[/QUOTE

never a truer word spoken, this a dead certain way to do it, but as you say more than likely their end game since they don't have the ability to fix what is already there

DeletedUser

On the topic of Reducing Point Farming Profitability. The proposed change will not prevent AA point farming - it will actually have the reverse effect of increasing point farming. Instead of releasing the sector - guilds will simply use a ghost or alliance guild to take turns running-down the sector - the sector will never be released so the proposal is doomed. This is actually a much more efficient way to point farm so point farming is likely to increase rapidly as more and more guilds use their entire daily Traz output to generate SAM Champs. Another classic case of Life finds a way.

Don't worry it's just another example that proves they have no idea of what they are doing

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer

This is 100% true..its a bit harder because if you click on NPC you can do 2fight in single second, but on other sector is 5x harder..but still can be done yes ;)

DeletedUser6974

when do these changes take effect?

looks like its still a 3 member guild for GE with a 1 player guild allowed in GvG so this will make for a slew of 1 player guilds ghosting now over and over and over with 4 hour shields

new definition of GvG...... Ghost vs. Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:

knycknac

Private
thats why i suggested max number of sectors a guild can take per 4 hour period is equal to the number of members
stops mass ghostimg

DeletedUser5537

well have been playing this game over 6 years i guess but to be honest i feel mods are coming up ridiculously stupid by making these useless changes and forcing many players to quit, the entire point of resetting troops of a released sector with random ones is utter ridiculous so is the 4hr span of reset, well good luck with these stupid changes and i guess time to say goodbye finally

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer

We yanks rule now, deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.