• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser653

the rule where you can fully participate but don't get compete in a ranking to get extra percentages

which 1 or 2-player guilds are in the top 3 places of a GvG map to get the percentages there ?

Wildpirates in EN1 are an example. very active and aggressive guild ran by benny who punches far above the guild weight by fighting at reset to get protection and and then keeps attacking over the next 23 hours. Dam fine foe and lots of respect even if he hits my guild

Vesiger

Monarch
AU (Australia) is not US. AU doesn’t have a dedicated server and doesn’t suit the UK times was my point. I come across more Australians during small talk then any other nationality when talking to neighbours and various guilds. I rarely even hear anyone say they’re from the US ingame. I don’t know the ratios of nationalities but there’s a fair amount of -not UK- and -not US-
For what it's worth, our guild has a lot of Commonwealth players - Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore...

Galechade

Corporal
Not really, any small guild that may be lucky enough to land will only have a max of 4 hrs to fully defend instead of 24 hrs, this scenario is hardly beneficial to any small guild. the large guilds will only take them back, none of these changes actually take into account the fact that GvG has so many bugs, an entomologist would be proud of it.

So realistically the most sensible cause of action would be to fix the current issues, then look to make any game changes if required, the current approach to this is butt about face.

If the current developers do not have the knowledge to interpret the existing code, it is then illogical to suggest making any changes to the current system, what needs to happen is for them to take the time to rewrite GvG, then they can be more effective at keeping it going and moving forward, rather than attempting to patch a system they don't understand.

Maybe Inno should just hire someone who actually knows how to read the code? Maybe someone with a bit more programming experience than those they keep hiring? Why not hire a programmer who actually can teach programming? They should be able to read any code. Oh wait..... that would make too much sense.....

on east nagach where i have my project town,4 weeks am crashing through LMA techs,as a bit of fun have managed to get 2 sectors so far on AA map at different times people shouldnt leave rogs unatended(ok dont keep them long lol) now run out of throw away units,the loss of the gallant spear is a big loss,part of my project is i dont have my age barracks in i live off of units gained from GE,i need all the rogs i can get from my low level traz to do my maps so cant really have archers in like the big guys,will be back though,note to big guys use more rogs in seige armies(1 DA sectors) so i can get in tks lol

Last edited:
my worry is wot is the gvg like on Beta? are the maps dead is there any action?,if you have peeps just wanting to sit there and hold their sectors and do nothing all youll get is advice from that way of playing,needs more things to help ghosters(as you call it) or mavericks these peeps can make things more interesting lol

Agent327

Overlord
To give a little more detail for how this works on the All Age Map. When you release a sector, the sector will be filled with random units from the era of the released units. For example, if the sector had 5 EMA units and 3 LMA units when released, it would be replaced with 3 random LMA units, and 5 random EMA units.

You do know that you might as well leave the original units in the first place. Replacing them does not make any difference.

On a site note, what age are rogues, drummers and color guards?

they are any age but will they be changed? and yeah just aswell left it as it was,glad units are not going to be replaced in released sectors with mars units on AA map which should be fun for all no matter wot era you are in

Deleted member 109369

You do know that you might as well leave the original units in the first place. Replacing them does not make any difference.

Rogues, drummers and colour guards are classed as no age/all age units

Deleted member 109369

lol,if i read correct less than one day left to get it fully tested

We never stop testing. The feature is activated now. What isn't clear yet is whether it is intended that if a sector is filled with rogues, then released, it refills with rogues. We've reported that and I'll let everyone know when I know

DeletedUser653

The change to random units is to stop a player filling it with 8 champ armies, releasing it and then retaking it for the points. So it does make a big difference to those players used to doing this. The other difference is that we can now fill sectors to be released with space marines which previous were not good for DA.
Perhaps if you had bothered to read the announcement before you posted?

Good question about all age units, lets see what the office view as today Lady M is saying they get replaced with the same logic, really interesting for IA map as you can fill with rogues and get back a mix of rogues,drummers and colour guards which is better than 8 rogues for sure.

Deleted member 109369

If you fill a sector with say rogues, and release it the sector remains as all rogues. Same for drummers and colour guards. if you fill a sector with champs they are replaced with random units. This is intentional at the moment. Since you really don't rack up a lot of points for killing rogues, and the objective is to stop points farming, it may stay this way.

If you fill a sector with say rogues, and release it the sector remains as all rogues. Same for drummers and colour guards. if you fill a sector with champs they are replaced with random units. This is intentional at the moment. Since you really don't rack up a lot of points for killing rogues, and the objective is to stop points farming, it may stay this way.

good,wot are champs?,,,,if people want to farm pts let them nothing against it,nothing needed changing in this area in first place,bring back the spears no pts for killing those
in rugnir we were going to do another training sector objective was to try and get peeps to work together at same time,we just want easy troops in the sector so everyone can have a go(AA),this is to confusing at the mo to do and time confusing without spears, 2 other guilds with training sectors also on AA

if you really want more people having a go at gvg take no notice of peeps from big guilds on all worlds many just want to sit there do nothing,open up more landing zones on all maps,make filling sectors over 2 DAs cost more double it and give advantage to the ghosters/mavericks wotever you want to call them lol

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel

I don't know if you've noticed yet, but there's a lot of points farming going on still. OK, it takes longer and the rewards are lower, but lots of us are still doing it. GvG has been flawed from day 1 - bring on battlegrounds and scrap GvG.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
They are killing GvG with this move 3 calcs per day, they dont want to delete it to not cause 'civil unrests' but they are making it unplayable and unprofitable and unworthy of wasting time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.