• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
from this everything is pretty obvious:
http://prntscr.com/pa0jrq
we are paying them so that they can prefor tests on us, they decide to test game on us and take cash from us on top of that instead to test it and then give us perfect produc for our money, this is insanity! They will 'observe it' on us.

DeletedUser

Well I honestly have no idea what Inno are doing ( other than deliberately sabotaging ) to GvG because they claim to be fixing it, but over the last 4 weeks it has become a nightmare.

1/ maps not updating
2/ sieges not showing
3/ sieges hanging on the last fight ( unable to reseige)
4/ siege arrow constantly greyed out
5/ having to refresh the map to be able to move HQ ( supposidely fixed )

Come on Inno seriously what are you doing, either fix it or scrap it, so we the players know wether to stay with the game or move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109930

Given the changes to reset timing are being implemented tomorrow, I'd also like to know how/why Inno can find the time to make changes which active GVG players have said they don't want, but will not address the ongoing issues Mith (and so many others over the years) has outlined above here. We've been given countless promises from Inno that these issues were being addressed to no avail, yet there are plenty of resources available at Inno for rubbish like this.

In addition, the delay to one-click sieging makes no sense and leaves the feature completely unbalanced, with heavy advantage going to those who own land. Inno have been able to implement live the one-click defenses, the delay in making this so for sieging makes it near impossible for guilds trying to break into maps to have any success. This leaves all maps with a severe unfair advantage given to those who hold land over those who want to, thus it will further diminish interest in this part of the game. At this point I have to agree, it looks like that is Inno's intention.

DeletedUser112017

It will do this, it will do that... let's see what it will really bring, shall we?

Some will like this change, some won't, however, if anyone thinks GvG will cease to exist, it won't. Sorry for bursting that bubble for you. It will be active, maybe some will quit, some new players will take their place... it's all good.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I find this new 8h reset thing interesting, it's a totally new dimension of GvG ... but let me ask Inno games this ... with Guild Battle Grounds on the corner, and a increased need for troops for GE GbG and 8h reset GvG, is Inno thinking of introducing a new GB that will also produce troops? I have a level 102 Traz (100 units daily) and I do daily GvG, and I barely have any troops for anything, I couldn't keep up with 1 daily reset in GvG and troops count, yet alone GbG GE and GvG on 8h resets

my posts where i say more LZs need to be opened up more around maps and possibly only allow LZs to have 2DAs only are directed at world maps that are dead,by that i mean when 2/3/4/5 guilds control all in a pact,farming guild pts this is the worst thing of gvg,its very hard to get new players interested when they see that

I find this new 8h reset thing interesting, it's a totally new dimension of GvG ... but let me ask Inno games this ... with Guild Battle Grounds on the corner, and a increased need for troops for GE GbG and 8h reset GvG, is Inno thinking of introducing a new GB that will also produce troops? I have a level 102 Traz (100 units daily) and I do daily GvG, and I barely have any troops for anything, I couldn't keep up with 1 daily reset in GvG and troops count, yet alone GbG GE and GvG on 8h resets

i'm not doing gbg no xtra game time for it,i think 90% of my guild on slugnir are in same boat,cant ask them to give up GE as they get good personal rewards in that
i'm half a sleep dreaming,in theory you could get a guild of 80 IA campers being top dogs at it

Ludicrous

Private
Maybe Inno should just hire someone who actually knows how to read the code? Maybe someone with a bit more programming experience than those they keep hiring? Why not hire a programmer who actually can teach programming? They should be able to read any code. Oh wait..... that would make too much sense.....
No point looking at the code when the infrastructure is inadequate. Suspect they do not want to invest in redevelopment of proper platforrm.

Ludicrous

Private
quoting lady M:
''
Hello Kings and Queens,

We wanted to give you all an update to the progress we've made based on the Community's comments for the GvG changes. The Community Managers have shared your feedback with the development team, and we've started to make some adjustments to our plans to reflect the Community's opinions. The bulk of the changes are still in progress, but we wanted to keep you in the loop on where we are at after taking into consideration your feedback.

For details on what the changes are, please see above for the original post. The changes we will implement as per our original announcement are:

• Camera Focus when returning to the map
  • Changes to the confirmation checkboxes when placing Siege and Defensive Armies
  • Removal of Bronze Age Units from the All Age map
The main reason for going ahead with these changes as they were announced was due to no significant criticisms for these specific proposals were given. With this in mind, the listed changes above will be added to Beta shortly, and then to live markets in the upcoming weeks.

The other topics discussed in the original post, as well as any bugfixes are still in progress, so look out for more information on these, but we are taking community feedback into consideration when shaping these changes further.

As always, thank you for providing us with your invaluable input, as this helps us to shape changes and adjustments to better suit the community's needs.

Your Forge of Empires Team''

So am i noob or for siege nothing changed after all?
"no significant criticisms ".... not what I heard and evident from this thread where 99% of comments are highly critical of these changes to GvG.

Ludicrous

Private
I really contest some of the statements on here saying the equivalent of 'the whiners are in the minority'. This certainly isn't the case from what I have read on this thread since it began.

1) The changes mean this is no longer guild v guild, because it is impossible to plan on that basis owing to the new timelines of GVG.
2) GVG is now suitable only for individual opportunistic attacks which takes the strategy and the fun out of it. (A major motivator within the game.)

My guildmates have commented:

"OK im really not liking this no strategy having to guess when protection runs out, everywhere is such mess and no actual point in trying to hold onto anything.

There is no 'guild' involved because its impossible to get a team on for each recalc so everyone just doing what they can when they can. It's not guild v guild anymore, i'ts slash and burn, no real strategy of dropping and defending and trapping other guilds, but rather 'hit them hard when they aren't looking', try to kick them off the map if possible and try to finish each day having taken the same amount or more sectors than you lost.

There is little point in people commenting on 'nice to haves' and other gvg details - this is simply 'putting lipstick on a pig'. GVG as we knew it, has 'ceased to be' and Inno's assertion that no adverse commentary was receive on Beta sufficient for them not to treat us as guinea-pigs, is simply not what I have heard. (See earlier posts.)

INNO - you need to revert GVG. Check out the AA map in EN - it is as dead as a dodo!

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I really contest some of the statements on here saying the equivalent of 'the whiners are in the minority'. This certainly isn't the case from what I have read on this thread since it began.

1) The changes mean this is no longer guild v guild, because it is impossible to plan on that basis owing to the new timelines of GVG.
2) GVG is now suitable only for individual opportunistic attacks which takes the strategy and the fun out of it. (A major motivator within the game.)

My guildmates have commented:

"OK im really not liking this no strategy having to guess when protection runs out, everywhere is such mess and no actual point in trying to hold onto anything.

There is no 'guild' involved because its impossible to get a team on for each recalc so everyone just doing what they can when they can. It's not guild v guild anymore, i'ts slash and burn, no real strategy of dropping and defending and trapping other guilds, but rather 'hit them hard when they aren't looking', try to kick them off the map if possible and try to finish each day having taken the same amount or more sectors than you lost.

There is little point in people commenting on 'nice to haves' and other gvg details - this is simply 'putting lipstick on a pig'. GVG as we knew it, has 'ceased to be' and Inno's assertion that no adverse commentary was receive on Beta sufficient for them not to treat us as guinea-pigs, is simply not what I have heard. (See earlier posts.)

INNO - you need to revert GVG. Check out the AA map in EN - it is as dead as a dodo!
i wonder how long 'brilliant mind' wich got this idea about 3 calcs per day will stay on his job and i wonder when they will place things how they was before...

DeletedUser113304

Is it a bug or do you get about 30 seconds after reset in which the siege button is greyed out on a sector that you released just before reset. I've never seen it before but noticed it on a couple of resets since the rule change. I see nothing in the announcement stating that was intentional.

Deleted member 109369

Is it a bug or do you get about 30 seconds after reset in which the siege button is greyed out on a sector that you released just before reset. I've never seen it before but noticed it on a couple of resets since the rule change. I see nothing in the announcement stating that was intentional.

This has been reported.

DeletedUser

Well I have to say since the unwanted changes, the maps and GvG is even more bug riddled and an absolute mess, thanks Inno for ruining a perfectly good game element :(

DeletedUser109930

This has been reported.

When can we expect an update on this please?

I have to echo Mithrander's comments. We are doing our best to work with the new changes Inno have put forward (against the majority of users wishes), but all the issues on the maps that were there previous to these changes are still there, along with several new ones. You are simply destroying a part of the game many love. GBG's better be really, really good.

DeletedUser108344

Unfair advantage - release of 2 sectors per player is an unfair control in GvG - a maximum cap per guild should be used and/or allow founder and leader to release more then 2 per recalc upto a maximum. The current rule favours larger guilds with more player - a guild of 5 can rerelease up to 10 per recalc - but a guild of 80 could release up to 160. What this relates to is large guilds have a advantage of reducing the cost of sieging and recouping good already spent. Why should the cost to GvG be in favour of larger guild when they already have the advantage of more fighter and farming capability?

DeletedUser1622

I suggest to have a closer look to this game from Guild versus Guild perspective. Inno says that Guild versus Guild will not be cut off (in capitals!). But with so many negotiations goods became a problem. Especially lower era goods if we ask ambitious, evolved guilds. Rogues can fight in any uniform, right ? Alcatraz produces soldiers in iron armor or robots without any problem - correct ? I say that Arc should be switched to lower ages (only to lower !), once per week, at our will. Of course, we should admit a limit, so let's say that only an Arc level 80 or higher. I'd like to know the opinions from official's side. Because players evolves faster than before (I remember the situation 5 years behind), they go through ages quickly than ever and even if they have an evolved Arc, this structure don't produce what a guild actually needs, in accordance with the plans adopted in Guild versus Guild section.

Status
Not open for further replies.