• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

Bagoas

Private
Ok. So I get that players aren't liking this. And I also get we've had an issue or two. It would be better to have a constructive conversation perhaps on what changes players would like to see. Apart from "fixing all the bugs"

We can tick off sector identification. That's well noted
Also noted is the cost of goods to siege
Noted is the amount of presitge going down.
Noted that the current times are not well liked.

Lets assume for argument's sake that going back to one calc is not going to happen. (don't jump to conclusions I'm just using it as the basis of a discussion)
What times would be better? 3 calcs or 2? Please do keep in mind that not everyone is in the same time zone and regardless of the perception this is a British server predominantly, it is not.
What else would players like to see.
Just to reinforce comment about times - this is an International Server not a UK server. As an Aussie I previously had to get up at 4:30am throughout winter to participate at calc (2:30am for any in West Australia). I think the new times are OK.
Can you explain how prestige has been impacted? perhaps republish the calculation method.
Re sector identification, maybe just different colours Green then Blue for guild held protected sectors, Red then Amber for "Other" held protected sectors. Not "unplayable" as is - we just take a screenshot of critical maps and note the times on the screen shot after each calc.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Question about Guild prestige in Rankings : Total prestige amounts seem to have dropped significantly across the board at the same time as these calc time changes. Has there been a change to calculation method, or is it a by product of calc time changes. If so, how?

Why are you guys talking so much about prestige? For what i know, its 1/3 because there are 3 resets, so the sum at the en of the 24hours stays the same. Our #1 guild even have more prestige now like before, but its fact, that it is calculated every 8hours, so if you lose many sectors at 1 reset, it can be less.....

Biggest problem is that no sector shield identification..and that new bugs what becomes with new GvG times. Some of them are very wierd.

Bagoas

Private
it must have been UK server when they first brought out gvg as they put recalc at 8pm(2000hrs) uk time,thats the time most peeps are doing/playing anything on internet,its only official sort of international one now with new reset times
how long you been playing?,wot i dont get is why you kept playing stupid game at 4.30am and the others at 2/3am lol
Yes, my family think I'm completely crazy, lol. I call it dedicated. With one time per day they had to pick something, no single time would have been OK for everyone. We now have crazy Brits getting up for 0400 calc, lol

Bagoas

Private
Why are you guys talking so much about prestige? For what i know, its 1/3 because there are 3 resets, so the sum at the en of the 24hours stays the same. Our #1 guild even have more prestige now like before, but its fact, that it is calculated every 8hours, so if you lose many sectors at 1 reset, it can be less.....

Biggest problem is that no sector shield identification..and that new bugs what becomes with new GvG times. Some of them are very wierd.
Agree prestige is no big deal so long as same for everyone, and we understand it.
Agree sector protection identification the biggest issue.
Other new weird things, like often cannot set siege for 15-30 seconds after calc finished.

Bagoas

Private
Have you read my odeas, feedback and sughestions?
Not sure if it is a feature or a bug - we have noticed that often we cannot set siege for 15-30 seconds after calc is finished. Other actions like move HQ, release OK, but siege button greyed out for 15-30 seconds more. Not just an individual issue, affecting most fighters I've talked to.

Bagoas

Private
The new GvG rules took the fun out of GvG.
I for one, if I cant GvG I will quit the game.
I play hours per day, I built a top guild in Cigard in 2 years, so trust me, I enjoyed the game.
But now the GvG is just an annoying never ending story. Any planning is impossible. All the fun is gone.
"what is the plan today in CE?" "well ... see what shields drop and hit them" ... that is not fun.
I'll give it one more week, if Inno doesn't decide to go back at what it was until they find a better plan ... , I am out.
We can and do plan. We take a screen shot of critical maps after each calc, and note the expiry times on the screen shot. Yes, it's a pain, and should be fixed, but not unplayable.

Bagoas

Private
Add the tro

We can tick off sector identification. That's well noted
Also noted is the cost of goods to siege
Noted is the amount of presitge going down.
Noted that the current times are not well liked.
Excessive amount of troops needed

I'm pretty sure I answered you in your post on the other thread, but that has been reported:)
Can you repost your "answer in the other thread" so we can all see your response. This has affected our fighters too.

a player who has been playing game a very very long time said tonight theyve fecked gvg before but after 2 weeks put it back how it was,i'm going to give it 4 weeks
thats about same time maybe less if i started playing game now then found out you have to be up at 4am to take part i'd give it before binning it

Hippycracker

Private
Speaking as a player, my fellow guildies and I have a bit of feedback:

Sector protection is 16 hours but HQ relocation is 8 hours meaning that its possible to move the HQ to protected sectors and take more sectors while still under protection. This can be repeated while staying behind a wall of protected sectors, which halves the defenders ability to fight back and allows the attacking guild to fight (potentially) across the entire map provided they have a 'shield' of protected sectors to move their HQ on to.

I would like to suggest making HQ relocation only available every 16 hours, or making sector protection last only 8 hours as the times they are currently set to seem to unbalance the mechanics of GvG.

Thanks! :D

DeletedUser114055

AAAARRRGGGHHH, this thing is unplayable now!

a player who has been playing game a very very long time said tonight theyve fecked gvg before but after 2 weeks put it back how it was,i'm going to give it 4 weeks
thats about same time maybe less if i started playing game now then found out you have to be up at 4am to take part i'd give it before binning it
2 weeks?? there´s not going to be NOTHING left in 2 weeks!!

1 year of planning, strategic placement, gb, troops development, goods; all gone in 2 days.
While they discuss how to fix what they "upgraded" in a committee!!

Sector protection is 16 hours but HQ relocation is 8 hours meaning that its possible to move the HQ to protected sectors and take more sectors while still under protection. This can be repeated while staying behind a wall of protected sectors, which halves the defenders ability to fight back and allows the attacking guild to fight (potentially) across the entire map provided they have a 'shield' of protected sectors to move their HQ on to.

I would like to suggest making HQ relocation only available every 16 hours, or making sector protection last only 8 hours as the times they are currently set to seem to unbalance the mechanics of GvG.

YES, this is the "Worm effect", no defense against it

DeletedUser114055

Remember - this is an International server, not a UK server. Being in Australia I have had to get up at 4:30am throughout winter to participate at calc. People in West Australia / Singapore time zone would previously have had to be up at 2am or 3am to participate.
Ok, so i go to Australia on vacation, and as i´m used to it...gonna demand the Hotel to have the entire breakfast buffet, the chef and waitress up and all prepared for me at 21:00, cause is the hour i´m used to eat breakfast at.

Extreme example maybe, :P
But think is the point, if i can´t adapt, better not go over there!

Last edited by a moderator:

Leave the HQ move at 8 hours like it is now - it works just fine - You have the same number of HQ moves as everybody else - but now it's more practical for smaller guilds - It is what the intended function was suppose to accomplish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You know what really annoys me? Giving us updates that do not address the major problems which affect GvG, but change things that nobody has asked for.

When will Inno fix the fact that the GvG maps don't properly update once the calc is over?
When will we be able to seige sectors before enemies pinch them. If enemies can seige newly released sectors then why can't we?

GvG is just getting worse with every update because new bugs are introduced without fixing the old ones.

It is clear that for many of us GvG is the reason we play this game. Ok, I'm looking forward to battlegrounds, but you should have the courage to either replace GvG with it, or fix GvG properly and not just pander to the whingers who don't know how to play it properly.

DeletedUser9635

these changes are made for ghost guilds and to kill GvG once and for all. all top guilds will drop their sectors and will just hunt points and rip everything comes in their path. cost of GvG got tippled with less benefit. they are probably clearing path for battleground. RIP GVG

Ceban

Brigadier-General
these changes are made for ghost guilds and to kill GvG once and for all. all top guilds will drop their sectors and will just hunt points and rip everything comes in their path. cost of GvG got tippled with less benefit. they are probably clearing path for battleground. RIP GVG
this is what i am telling for weeks, their intention is to kill GvG and that is it, math is simple, 3 barracks=8HoF's, 8 HoF's=24 AF sectors so anyone smart can conclude > WHY TO BOTHER WITH GvG WICH 'DEVELOPERS' DESTROYED??? Reduce number of barracks in favour of HoF's and you will get more guild power than from GvG, even that sad excuse for part of game called GE give more guild power than GvG. Who cant conclude what is their message to us then really need help...

Agent327

Overlord
this is what i am telling for weeks, their intention is to kill GvG and that is it,

I told them to do so months ago, so they actually listen :P

math is simple, 3 barracks=8HoF's, 8 HoF's=24 AF sectors so anyone smart can conclude > WHY TO BOTHER WITH GvG WICH 'DEVELOPERS' DESTROYED??? Reduce number of barracks in favour of HoF's and you will get more guild power than from GvG, even that sad excuse for part of game called GE give more guild power than GvG. Who cant conclude what is their message to us then really need help...

Then why do you botther? You keep going on and on and on. Tak a chill pill and let it go.

I told them to do so months ago, so they actually listen :P

Then why do you botther? You keep going on and on and on. Tak a chill pill and let it go.

gvg is only part of game thats any good(even when its broke) most of the rest is a bore chore and more of that keeps coming

Agent327

Overlord
gvg is only part of game thats any good(even when its broke) most of the rest is a bore chore and more of that keeps coming

That's your opinion. Majority of the players do not participate in GvG. What does that tell you?

Treassure Hunt was killed for that reason. Can you spot the pattern?

DeletedUser111608

I think because the bonus prestige from guild level stayed the same, while sectors are worth 3x less. So a lvl 75 guild's 1500+ bonus prestige is now worth a lot more than before.