• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

Giskler

Legend
Developers are forcing people to wake up at 4 AM and you think this is not something to get passionate about?! 3 resets is a joke. Perhaps stop treating us as lab rats and go experiment on Beta server!
It’s been on beta for months, you all had plenty of time to give feedback. If you haven’t been keeping yourself informed about changes to the game you’re so passionate about that’s your own fault.

DeletedUser103858

Developers are forcing people to wake up at 4 AM and you think this is not something to get passionate about?! 3 resets is a joke. Perhaps stop treating us as lab rats and go experiment on Beta server!

They did and the BETA players told them how rubbish it was and didnt work, so the devs decided they knew better (as always) and released it on EN server anyway, but then Devs want to kill GvG, they dont want anyone playing it so they can get rid of it rather than admit their coders arn't capable of fixing it, this way the Devs can ruin it completely so most that do play it stop, once they do Devs know they can do away with it under the justification that no one plays it anymore as they are more in favour of playing Battle Grounds and or GE.

That way everyone is happy, Mods dont get so many complaints anymore, Devs dont have to keep making so many excuses for their incompetence, players dont care about GvG no more because its been turned to rubbish.

DeletedUser118264

Oh well no point trying to save your sectors now, all the landing zones will be 8 rogues lol.
Bin this load of rubbish, bring on GbG.

peeps- ya gotta think more.
defene is possible- and it now pays to have fighters at times other than 8pm . something does need to be done to curb ghosts, the advantages to attack now make ghosting insanley difficult to deal with..

but teh peeps saying ends all strategy and planning are just not evolving, is a way to counter most problems...

DeletedUser112017

Did GvG on Beta stop? Nope, see for yourself.

Will it stop on EN market? Nope, you'll see for yourself. So all this "they want to kill GvG" nonsense is funny, nothing is going to be killed, some might drop, some might finally try out GvG.

So what's the issue? Some people say it was very tactical before. Right, get 20+ people at a very certain time each day and play "tactics".

Now you have to think about which sectors you should take - and when. You have a big, rich guild and want to be number one? Feel free to do so, it's still fairly easy, but you'll have to put more effort than bring 20+ people online at that mentioned time of a day. You don't care about number one but you wanna have fun? Feel free to do so too.

Ghosting this - ghosting that, so many rocks thrown at ghosting, from who? Guilds that want to hold lots of sectors? Being at the top of the list comes at a price, make an effort.

FoE is a game, it should bring the fun, it was fun for me before the change, it's still fun now. If it's frustrating for some, then FoE itself isn't your issue, your issue is why are you playing a game that frustrates you so much. If you need help finding a door, let me know - I'll help.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
2/3rd 1st new GvG day recap:

Guilds played 1st new reset time @ 12UK and secured all what they ussually secured at 8PM-UK time.

Then comes "old" reset time at 8PM-UK, and... and... what to do??? What to do?? Almost nothing..bored to the dead...and nothing to do....
Mods check pls: Glich after reset was , that you cant siege sector what you released Before reset (Arvahall - Postmodern map - 60,8 sector. There was no resiege option from multiple members. After enemy guild sieged it, and we killed, there was siege option. Time 0-2min at reset 8PM-UK)

So and there will be the famous "morning reset" @ 4AM-UK when every single "normal" EU person will sleep, AND all shilded sectors will be unshielded. So what to do? What to do? Recruite some Aussies hell yeah! More of them, better will be! Inno pls provide me in PM list of Arvahall Aussies fighters with more than 500fights per week, than you! No one will ask for GDPR just pls send me ;)

So how to tell our Aussie team, which sector will stay secured and which not, when there is NO counter? Hm...maybe we can send tickets and ask every reset...this could work if Inno have enough staff. Can we pls? :)

And the biggest contradictory...how to defend the sector??? Can someone from developer answer to this question?
Ok i will write it whats happening. Guy takes 1 sector and it is secured for 2 resets. Because of that, this poor guy wait for next reset, moves his hq there and take another one (dont forget that defender cant defend that sector, and cant take his because of 2x8hours shield-magnificent). So he wait for another reset, moves his hq there and takes another sectors. So what to do?? Oh wait, we can RR sectors near him, so he cant take it...repeat this for few days without any error and he is kicked. Inno, it is logic right?
Oh i forgot, this tactics is preparing us to new Battleground, where sectors cant be defended and we all will playing it. I am right, right?? Logic again...

Whover launched this new GvG on LIVE EN servers unfinished will be fired in few days..at least a bit satisfaction to us players on this ;)

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
We need to do something about the shields, you can't seriously expect us to remember when each individual shield is going to come down now? Can I suggest 2 easy solutions - Add a countdown clock to each shield or even simpler, have 2 shields representing safe for 2 resets, 1 shield representing safe for 1 reset.

Deleted member 109369

On paper it is an international server, but it's marked with UK/EU flag, so it's largely dominated by EU/UK players. And not many of them are happy about this ludicrous update. The small percentage of US/Australia players should not be allowed to monopolise 2 of the 3 resets.

It just happens to be marked as a UK flag. This is a very international server and it is not dominated by only UK players. That may have been the case several years ago, but that no longer holds true.

Deleted member 109369

We need to do something about the shields, you can't seriously expect us to remember when each individual shield is going to come down now? Can I suggest 2 easy solutions - Add a countdown clock to each shield or even simpler, have 2 shields representing safe for 2 resets, 1 shield representing safe for 1 reset.

We've put that forward as a suggestion.

Ludicrous

Private
Ill thought out , ill advised , and totally unneccessary . Sums it up for me . Listen to the vast majority of loyal long term GvG players . So many better things you could have done to improve GvG , but not this .

Not often you'll hear this Ice, but I totally agree with you!

Wraven

Private
It just happens to be marked as a UK flag. This is a very international server and it is not dominated by only UK players. That may have been the case several years ago, but that no longer holds true.
That may be true but International or not you can't blame the GvG players for assuming this is all in preparation for GbG because as it stands it seems to have become quite like what was described initially for that new function.
Suggestions for improvement:
-please fix the goods cost for sieges
-reduce costs of unlocking DA slots (though i doubt many will be placing any DAs)
-move the reset times as suggested by Lord Philio above (even though that probably won't help most guilds)
-decrease production times from Alcatraz and troops production time overall
-Increase perks given to guilds on each guild level (what is the motivation to grow to level 100 if it takes this long to grow based on GVG?- HoFs become the best /cheapest solution as an alternative to grow your guild.)

If, however, GvG players only really amount to 5% of the playing population and it was indeed Inno's intent to "kill it" or at least reduce participation to a point of it becoming obsolete then....don't need to do anything.

I for one have seriously lost motivation to play GvG as seriously as i was up until now - good news for my family and job and great news for my wallet :)

Ludicrous

Private
That may be true but International or not you can't blame the GvG players for assuming this is all in preparation for GbG because as it stands it seems to have become quite like what was described initially for that new function.
-reduce costs of unlocking DA slots (though i doubt many will be placing any DAs)
-move the reset times as suggested by Lord Philio above (even though that probably won't help most guilds)
-Increase perks given to guilds on each guild level (what is the motivation to grow to level 100 if it takes this long to grow based on GVG?- HoFs become the best /cheapest solution as an alternative to grow your guild.)

If, however, GvG players only really amount to 5% of the playing population and it was indeed Inno's intent to "kill it" or at least reduce participation to a point of it becoming obsolete then....don't need to do anything.

I for one have seriously lost motivation to play GvG as seriously as i was up until now - good news for my family and job and great news for my wallet :)

Yes, I was seriously demotivated, not just about GvG, but actually about even bothering with the game any more..... what's the point of raising GBs, getting goods, troops, or buying stuff from the Dealer (esp. expensive attack items) without GVG as the ultimate aim??

Deleted member 109369

Thank you for the constructive suggestions. I've added them to our feedback.

Just as we have also forwarded the displeasure of several of our posters here.

Deleted member 109369

I said people were passionate. I also said personal insults are not ok. You can certainly express your views passionately without insulting your fellow players. Which was the purpose of my post that you quoted :)