• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

CPaulius

Private
If you release at 19:59 you could retake again at 20:00, as you can currently.

Sector was released 10 second before reset, and I can't attack it after. So this also not working. This sector was with shield captured 1 reset before, so some restriction persist at least two resets.

DeletedUser104881

Sector was released 10 second before reset, and I can't attack it after. So this also not working. This sector was with shield captured 1 reset before, so some restriction persist at least two resets.
Please, could you submit a support ticket detailing the sector so that we can take a look?

Ludicrous

Private
Inno, you just killed your business! 1) GVG was the core around which other interest and activity was built; 2) In the names commenting here I recognise some big diamond spenders so you won't be getting their revenue any more and 3) Guess what, you just made the classic mistake of not understanding or appreciating your customer base. We are not all 16 something facebook users... some of us like strategy and have a life. As people we commit time and effort to our guilds as EJ says above. Sian the lazy one expressed our dismay perfectly.
And something I never thought i would say., I 100% agree with Lord Ice and Ceban regarding their assessment of your changes. Slack programming and unfeasible commitment levels in these ridiculous and unappealing changes have totally demotivated us. Without the strategic element of GvG, there is little interest in pursuing the remainder of the game which any chipmunk with a banana for a finger can manage.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
i never got ban on forum so for everything must be first time, so lets describe this precisley and not in gloves:
Developers created something which even they dont understand and know how that work, then they put team members in fire with more than half wrong informations so we should tell to team members what is wrong so that they can inform 'developers' so they can ''fix it'' in process

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118270

Outcome from day 1: our guild dropped down with 7 positions. No changes on the map so it must be the sectors recalculation.

My personal feedback is that these new updates will kill the GvG and I am saying nothing new based on previous comments and people crying in all the global chats.

It is discouraging to our guild because we can't collect that many goods+troops for sieging and defending for such a short time. Sector defence becomes ridiculous if you want to have a personal life, too... Or if you don't own Traz lvl 1000. Our guild is a very small one and the active GvG players are 3. So for such guilds like ours GvG remains a romantic song we gonna hear about in the global chat. It's just impossible to compete with adanced guilds especially if you are the 2-month old one.

So it sounds like a dictatorship to me, and I am sure that's not what Inno's initial idea was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Supermum1

Private
as the cost of spending troops and goods has been tripled I wonder why then has the value of the sectors gone down 2/3rds? this makes no sense to me. having to place 3 sieges pr day to take a sector back cost 3 times more troops, so can you then please let us collect from traz 3x what we are now capable of doing to make it fair for everyone..lots more troops needed and also we should get compensation for having to wake up in the middle of the night to check maps..and I guess a lot of players may get into trouble at work when having to play games during working hours..
in my opinion I think gvg will die , and for me the game is then over

DeletedUser111608

Inno, you just killed your business! 1) GVG was the core around which other interest and activity was built; 2) In the names commenting here I recognise some big diamond spenders so you won't be getting their revenue any more and 3) Guess what, you just made the classic mistake of not understanding or appreciating your customer base. We are not all 16 something facebook users... some of us like strategy and have a life. As people we commit time and effort to our guilds as EJ says above. Sian the lazy one expressed our dismay perfectly.
And something I never thought i would say., I 100% agree with Lord Ice and Ceban regarding their assessment of your changes. Slack programming and unfeasible commitment levels in these ridiculous and unappealing changes have totally demotivated us. Without the strategic element of GvG, there is little interest in pursuing the remainder of the game which any chipmunk with a banana for a finger can manage.

Couldnt agree more

DeletedUser111608

I'd like to add something to all the above too.. Just so you see how ridiculous it is to defend.
You take a sector, shield lasts 16 hours and you can move HQ after 8 hours and take another shield that last 16 hours. So there is literally no way to defend unless you R&R or watch the map for 8 hours straight.. which probably wont work either because gvg is always bugging and sieges dont show on screen/event log sometimes. All the maps will be filled with 1 DA sectors as there is no points defending anymore

Bagoas

Private
I would make the following suggestions
- Reduce siege costs particularly for larger holdings. As many have said, treasury goods would be consumed 3 times as fast, meaning in reality that GvG will become a constant pub brawl between guilds with minimal holdings. No point in aiming to gain / hold sectors to get guild ranking points.
- For protection indication use different colours - Green then Blue for guild protected sectors, Red then Amber of other protected sectors

I would also say that the new reset times seem reasonable - this is an International server, not a UK server. Having to get up at 4:30am every day to participate at calc really sucks, so more opportunities is better.

Ludicrous

Private
I wonder if those players who bought diamonds with a view to enhancing their GvG capability will feel that they should be refunded, given the arbitrary impact on guild rankings of the sector revaluations?

Bagoas

Private
Developers are forcing people to wake up at 4 AM and you think this is not something to get passionate about?! 3 resets is a joke. Perhaps stop treating us as lab rats and go experiment on Beta server!

I have had to get up at 4:30am every day during southern winter to participate in previous 2000GMT calc, so I very much welcome a range of different calcs. Guilds with players from a number of timezones will benefit, so get recruiting! Remember, this is an International Server, not a UK server.

DeletedUser118269

What is GvG?

The cost of getting a full defence sector is ridicilous, hundreds of goods and 100 troops. And before that you have to conquer it! Which might mean 100 dead rogues and a siege cost of 5 x 500 goods (if you have a big area). The "prize" is some GP, way too little to be worth it and some prestige. The prestige is the more valuable part as it is the measurement unit of guild rankings so those guilds who want to be at the top have a reason for paying the insane cost of GvG. Now prestige given from owning sectors was cut (my guild lost over 50% prestige) while the insane cost of GvG stays the same. This directly decreases the reason to play GvG to those guilds who want to be at the top, but this is not all, GvG is something else that can not be measured by numbers..

GvG is a platform for global guild on guild diplomacy, politics and conflict. It is like the Game of Thrones, alliances, wars, terrorists (MB taking sectors without trying to hold them). It is a platform for the global politics of this game. Without GvG there is no global politics. When you step into the GvG platform, you step into global politics, and you can be a player in those politics, you can have a role there, no matter how small, maybe it is just one defiant defence, maybe it's a statement of a small guild, maybe it's a dragonian world war between two alliances and you pick a side. GvG is the true life of this game, it is the land we fight on and what we fight for, it is the only land that can be conquered in this game as cities are untouchable. You are free to not take part in GvG, but if you do your blade will be tested and your holdings will be earned. And therefore rightfully I say that a guild that has holdings in GvG SHOULD have a huge boost in their prestige and SHOULD dominate the ranking list because that is the final measuring stick (or should be) of your cunning in this game.

And Inno wants to get rid of GvG? I see the potential of GvG, I would make it 100x better over night! But even as it is , clumsy, repetitive, with very limited war tactics, it is still the heart of this game. Because it is what this game should be, you just made it very poorly (by making it clumsy, repetitive and all but tying the hands of a war strategist). Now you stand at the verge of ending the life of your clumsy work, instead of letting people who love war strategy games to redesign it.

Fine, it is your right to destroy your clumsy work, but I dream of a game where the idea of GvG is made well and embraced, anybody know such a game? Maybe it's time we all change our platform?

DeletedUser113302

I would also say that the new reset times seem reasonable - this is an International server, not a UK server. Having to get up at 4:30am every day to participate at calc really sucks, so more opportunities is better.

On paper it is an international server, but it's marked with UK/EU flag, so it's largely dominated by EU/UK players. And not many of them are happy about this ludicrous update. The small percentage of US/Australia players should not be allowed to monopolise 2 of the 3 resets.

DeletedUser113304

GvG may well be far from perfect, but no players will turn up regularly if it is no longer an option. GE and hood plundering is for fair weather players. The way that GvG problems on Cirgard were based on a very powerful guild monopolising it. Not a criticism of them, as in any game that can happen. Drop guild sizes to 30 rather than 80 and that would change. Some would say that guilds would split and still work the same, from my experience they get their own ideas and it doesn't always work that way. But the majority of resets when most in Europe are at work or asleep is making this far too unfair.