• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild versus Guild

DeletedUser

As already said, we attack all guilds. We have no alliance with any guilds and are free to attack anybody we want. Players at the moment have chose to attack their old guilds enemies, that is their own choice. The fact remains, if we want to attack other guilds who we were once allied with then we can/will. Just 2 days ago one of our members was attacking The Unforgiven on the modern era map. He chose to attack them and that was his choice, nobody argued it and nobody cared, we attack whoever and whenever.
A single attack on an allied guild which took place shortly after I pointed out your hypocrisy does not justify your point, nor does it support your supposed agenda. You give no comparable figures for the number of attacks on 'enemy guilds'. The fact is that the visible actions of the Elite are designed to advance your original guild and its allies by undermining the rankings of your rivals. There is no substantial evidence of indiscriminate attacks across the maps, indeed the one notable action on the PME map saw you pursue and take out a ghost guild (Ghostbusters)which threatened the flank of your major ally (Slayers), illustrating to all the true intention of your guild. It really is time that you dropped the pretense and admitted that all 12 of you who claim to be doing this for the good of the game, are simply in it to improve your individual rankings whilst supporting your parent guilds, as evidenced by your own statements. Stating that individual players choose to attack enemy guilds, but claiming that 'we attack all guilds' is a contradiction, reinforced by the fact that you can only claim a single attack by one individual upon an allied guild on a secondary map during what has been a very active period for your members. How can you possibly have a cohesive strategy when each individual player is allowed to do as he likes? This is hardly going to 'clear a map'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
You must be careful when using the word mercenary, as you are not allowed to ask for or to be offered in-game content in return for attacking other players. However the action of moving from guild to guild and fighting for them without payment would be within the rules. Yes that player is gaining points but that is from his/her own actions and not a payment from others.

I would like to point out that the rule specifically forbids attacking other players for a reward. GvG sectors are not players, and the rule says nothing about attacking them. I guess this would be an example of the grey areas within the rules, and a topic for another discussion.

DeletedUser11899

I would like to point out that the rule specifically forbids attacking other players for a reward. GvG sectors are not players, and the rule says nothing about attacking them. I guess this would be an example of the grey areas within the rules, and a topic for another discussion.

...totally agree

The term 'reward' applied to GvG scenario is too wide and sometimes it could be mistaken with a simple alliance between players or guilds.
When you ask to another player (or guild) to attack a sector or guild and you tell him: "if you do it (as a reward) we'll always be friends and defend you"

can it be considered really the above reward as a reward as is stated in game rules?

Maybe its time for reviewing these old laws and rules and adjusting them to this new scenario. :)

DeletedUser13082

A single attack on an allied guild which took place shortly after I pointed out your hypocrisy does not justify your point, nor does it support your supposed agenda. You give no comparable figures for the number of attacks on 'enemy guilds'. The fact is that the visible actions of the Elite are designed to advance your original guild and its allies by undermining the rankings of your rivals. There is no substantial evidence of indiscriminate attacks across the maps, indeed the one notable action on the PME map saw you pursue and take out a ghost guild (Ghostbusters)which threatened the flank of your major ally (Slayers), illustrating to all the true intention of your guild. It really is time that you dropped the pretense and admitted that all 12 of you who claim to be doing this for the good of the game, are simply in it to improve your individual rankings whilst supporting your parent guilds, as evidenced by your own statements. Stating that individual players choose to attack enemy guilds, but claiming that 'we attack all guilds' is a contradiction, reinforced by the fact that you can only claim a single attack by one individual upon an allied guild on a secondary map during what has been a very active period for your members. How can you possibly have a cohesive strategy when each individual player is allowed to do as he likes? This is hardly going to 'clear a map'.

Yeah, it's all to benefit the guilds we came from. If that's the case, why would we have taken in all of Titans main active fighters, leaving them defenceless and now dropped to rank #7. If our goal was anything to do with helping our own guilds, I think it's safe to say we're doing a pretty bad job. Another thing, the attack on unforgiven was the day before you posted on the forum. Just saying.

For an added extra, feel free to contact the top player who was in that ghost guild who we attacked (no names mentioned as they may not want it mentioned, you know who it was though). I contacted him offering for the 4 of them to join us, why would I offer for members of our enemy guilds to join us if I still saw them as enemies? For the final point, this is off-topic by quite a way now, I'll send you a PM now with a copy of a conversation between myself and leaders of guilds in our old alliance. Any further conversation can continue private messages.

DeletedUser

I have seen the conversation alluded to, and accept that DO's intentions re The Elite were genuine, but maintain that the actions of the guild remain one sided, and that the actions of the guild thus far do not match the aim. Nevertheless there is an urgent requirement for the developers to act on this, either by stating their intention and implementing rule/game changes, or temporarily outlawing ghost and or demo guilds until they decide how to update the rules to accommodate GvG.

DeletedUser99445

Well if you guys are okay with a player jumping from guild to guild to bring them onto the map when they couldn't do it themselves...then you have NO Credibility in my mind.
This thread is not worth a read and the developers should note that most of the complaints are actually just attempts at manipulating the game into something easy for you guys to control and close down the rest of the players.
Thanks guys for clearing it up.

DeletedUser98167

Hi, I have searched the Forum but unable to find an answer
Our guild is level 20, however in the last month we have lost 8 of our top players and many sectors. Our level is still at 20.

* How or what will make our level go down?

Most of our guild is not interested in fighting in GvG, so
* is it possible to achieve a higher level by beefing up players GB's?

Thank You

DeletedUser1081

Most of our guild is not interested in fighting in GvG, so
* is it possible to achieve a higher level by beefing up players GB's?
Thank You

Beefing up Observatories, Deal Castles and Basils increases the "support poot" that can boost the defense of the GvG sectors you hold (under some circumstances) and that can indirectly help in reaching higher levels. But as Rosletyne says HoFs (when you collect from them daily) and hexes are the only things that directly increase the speed of your climb to higher levels.