• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild versus Guild

DeletedUser1081

What an incredible mistake to release this now. It's incomplete, bug-ridden and full of conceptual flaws. We can't even tell what's a bug and what's a feature.

For example: Why does the "user's guide" posted here say "You may find that another rival guild has laid claim to a sector you want or that belongs to your guild, and placed a siege army there. All is not lost! You can attack and destroy your enemies' siege armies in much the same manner as you destroy defending armies." That's no longer true - or is it being changed back again??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You and your guild can choose to fight in one or more of the GvG province maps:
Iron Age - Early Middle Age - High Middle Age - Late Middle Age - Colonial Age - Industrial Age - Progressive Era

No modern era?

DeletedUser15432

no vomment as yet, we will see tomorrow what it brings, probably at approximately 09:20 GMT

DeletedUser5180

So most of the higher ranking players (who due to completing the map and tech tree would be the most likely to play this) will have mainly only ME military units so will be unable to take part unless they take a step backwards and build old troops once again..... I can see this being a disaster from the word go

DeletedUser1081

I'm sure plenty of people didn't destroy their Alcatraz-generated heaps of earlier-era troops. But it's a direly bad idea to launch it anyway with so many incomplete features, unexplained bits, bugs, flaws and imbalances.

DeletedUser

In the announcement says that for iron age you can use ONLY iron age units.
This means that you can't use lower age units?

You can't use a mixed army with both iron age and bronge age units? (like you can do in PvP towers?)

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Whats with the hurry ?? Announce today to start it from tomorrow ?? This is supposed to be a team work ... the whole Guild needs to come together and be prepared and participate ...most of the high end guild's members are in slumber having completed the ME tech tree some time back ...dont they think they should give atleast a week's time or maybe 4-5 days time between the announcement and the actual bringing it on us ?? Looks like they have lost the script completely this time ... on top No ME sectors and so all the higher end guilds who want to participate have to take a step backwards ...change their current set-up to suit GvG ... and all this they expect us to do in a day's time ???...Good going FOE team ...

DeletedUser

So most of the higher ranking players (who due to completing the map and tech tree would be the most likely to play this) will have mainly only ME military units so will be unable to take part unless they take a step backwards and build old troops once again..... I can see this being a disaster from the word go

GvG was always intended to cover multiple ages and therefore guilds would need to participate in more than one to ensure they reach top of the rankings.

In the announcement says that for iron age you can use ONLY iron age units.
This means that you can't use lower age units?
That is correct, each province is age specific. Only Iron Age units and goods can be used in the Iron Age province.

dont they think they should give atleast a week's time or maybe 4-5 days time between the announcement and the actual bringing it on us ??
Changelogs are normally announced the same week of the update, this is no different to the routine process of changelog notification.

DeletedUser

Is the sector the HQ is placed in safe from attack? And as it levels up is this permanent or does it reset if you lose land? So many unanswered questions and bugs does make one think this launch is premature.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer

Changelogs are normally announced the same week of the update, this is no different to the routine process of changelog notification.

Well been here on this forum for quite some time and also in the game but dont remember seeing something like this ...announced today to be implemented tomorrow ... it always was announced either on a thursday / friday or maybe a Saturday/ Sunday that something will happen on the coming Wednesday .... Dont remember something like this ever before ... even useless bug fixes updates were announced well in advance ... and then for something huge like this - GvG - just 24hrs before announcement??? ... Hmmm ...

DeletedUser

Is the sector the HQ is placed in safe from attack? And as it levels up is this permanent or does it reset if you lose land? So many unanswered questions and bugs does make one think this launch is premature.
The HQ can be attacked as per any other sector. This is detailed here.

The guild level is permanent though you need to hold sectors to add points to the level to progress; this is detailed here.

Well been here on this forum for quite some time and also in the game but dont remember seeing something like this ...announced today to be implemented tomorrow ... it always was announced either on a thursday / friday or maybe a Saturday/ Sunday that something will happen on the coming Wednesday .... Dont remember something like this ever before ... even useless bug fixes updates were announced well in advance ... and then for something huge like this - GvG - just 24hrs before announcement??? ... Hmmm ...

Actually most changelogs are announced on the Monday before Wednesday's update. Occasionally, TheCountess manages to list them earlier. Still better to have an announcement than none - most other games I've played have only notified you of updates after it has occurred.

I would strongly advise all players read the User Guide before posting question as that is the quickest way to find your answers.

The Tominator

Sergeant
I cant help but wonder why gvg is appearing without the modern era
you have stolen 60% of our attack bonus that " apparently" was to balance things up .
we still have to fight in modern era pvp so why cant we have our bonus back when using ME units?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Actually most changelogs are announced on the Monday before Wednesday's update. Occasionally, TheCountess manages to list them earlier. Still better to have an announcement than none - most other games I've played have only notified you of updates after it has occurred.

I am not talking about other games neither am I comparing this game with anything of other games ... I am only talking about the practices as far as announcements that were followed till now on this forum and about this recent announcement of which this is a discussion thread ... I understand you are a moderator of this forum and its your responsibility to support whatever has been done by the dev's but please dont think you as a moderator should try to take this discussion in another direction yourself ... Please I think its better we stay on topic with regards to this announcement than comparing it with other games ... thank you ...

Most of the announcements were always announced well in advance whereas an important announcement as this was not given any time at all ....and thats what I have been trying to say ...nothing more nothing less...I m done with this ...thank you ...Have Fun ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser5180

Bottom line is.... Players who have only ME military units have their gbs seriously nerfed which has been stated is for the purpose of GvG, a feature of the game which they will be excluded from playing......another example of this game giving their longest playing and most loyal customers a big slap in the face. As my last post said "a disaster from the start"

I spent hard earned cash buying bps for military boosted gbs, then had their value seriously ripped to shreds, and all for nothing as GvG is not available to me and countless others unless we are prepared to go backwards. Perhaps I'm expected to delete a heap of ME premium buildings to make space for old military units that I don't even want?

DeletedUser96867

I cant help but wonder why gvg is appearing without the modern era
you have stolen 60% of our attack bonus that " apparently" was to balance things up .
we still have to fight in modern era pvp so why cant we have our bonus back when using ME units?

The honest truth is from what i've seen on beta is that gvg in the higher ages is lacking one major aspect. Any gvg. After 2.5 months on beta many sectors remain untaken by any guild. In reality you can likely take 15 npc(nonplayer controlled) sectors more easily than you can take 1 guild held sector. With so many sectors in NPC no guilds actually attack any other guilds. Even if there weren't NPC's i think most guild would realize it's too costly with too little chance of success, and far to little gain to attempt to take sector from another guild at a higher level. If you hold say 20 sectors at a level and are trying to take a 21st, having to place 5-6siege armies on a sector to take it would cost about 20,000 goods.

I've been checking occasionally the higher age maps for the last couple months and i'm not sure i've ever seen more than 1 or 2 sieges against another guild in LMA,CA,INDA, PE combined( at the same time not counting sieges by guilds not controlling any sectors who are attackin on landing zones). So far the developers have not appeared to attempt any changes to improve the situation as far as i know there has been no word from them that they even realize it is an issue. Perhaps, just perhaps they've seen what is going on and didn't release a even higher age gvg with even less chance of working. Just a thought. Not that this whole thing makes much sense to me anyhow....

DeletedUser3157

This is sure a suprise, I thought GvG was many months away from release, maybe a year. But tommorow eh..

DeletedUser

Sorry Mike, but I have read the user guide (twice now) but it doesn't actually answer my questions. I apologize if I'm missing something, so please can you elaborate.

Cheers,

Andy.

DeletedUser7128

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best joke in a long time!

Where is ME Province?
Where is Free for all Province where we use Medals?