• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild versus Guild - how to...

Amy Steele

General
...donate goods to the Guild Treasury via a sector defence slot

1. From the correct GvG continent map, find the sector you wish to donate goods via. This will need to be a sector that your guild owns, and which has at least one locked slot.

2. Click on the sector, then on the pop up menu click 'View Sector'
Sector Information 2.png
3. Select any 8 units to your attacking army they do not have to be of the correct age - see image. Any slots available for goods will show an orange open padlock symbol.
Donate goods 1.PNG
If you hover the cursor over the padlock symbol you can see how much of each good the slot costs to unlock in total.
Donate goods 2.jpg
4. Click a padlock, a list of goods will pop up showing how much of each good is still required.
Donate goods 3.png
5. Click each good you want to/are able to donate (if you hover over the button it will tell you how much you have and how much is needed)
Donate goods 4.png
6. If you do not have trusted rights, or if you have not donated all the goods required, the Pay and unlock now button will be greyed out. When you are done, just click on the 'x' at the top right of the window to close it, unless you have trusted rights and wish to unlock that specific slot.

The goods will not be allocated to any specific sector/defence slot until a trusted guild member clicks on the Pay and unlock now button, at which time that defence slot will be unlocked. Military units may be placed in it, and no futher donations may be made through it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

yes but that is not a treasury is it you cant donate 1 of each good can you and can others come to the same screen and donate?

DeletedUser97939

Hi there,

when your defending army has been attacked and you have lost say 3 of 10 lives how does your health regenerate after you have disposed of the enemy

thanks

DeletedUser5965

When I go to place a siege army in a sector it comes up with a list of goods required to be paid from Guild Treasury but there are no goods there. How do we put goods into Guild Treasury?

DeletedUser

hi, can someone please tell me how to
replace damaged defending army?
replace damaged siege army?

also what happens if you attack a siege army on a neoghbouring sector but this army manages to win its own siege before you destroy it?

all help appreciated!

DeletedUser7719

...donate goods to the Guild Treasury

1. From the correct GvG continent map, find the sector you wish to donate goods via
2. Click on the sector, then on the pop up menu click 'View Sector'
3. Select 8 units of the correct age to your attacking army - any slots available for goods will show an orange open padlock symbol
4. Click a padlock, a list of goods will pop up showing how much of each good is required.
5. Click each good you want to/are able to donate (if you hover over the button it will tell you how much you have and how much is needed)
This does not help when the goods are already paid for, so there's a max of 90 goods you can donate (unless the siege costs more in which you can donate more as long as you have trusted right)
yes but that is not a treasury is it you cant donate 1 of each good can you and can others come to the same screen and donate?
If you want to donate a specific amount of goods, put an unfair trade of the goods you are not giving away, and then pay for it, then cancel trade (i.e. if I wanted to donate 20 limestone and I have 1000, I put an offer offering 980 limestone for 1960 packaging, leaving 20 in stock, then I donate the 20, then cancel my offer)
Hi there,

when your defending army has been attacked and you have lost say 3 of 10 lives how does your health regenerate after you have disposed of the enemy

thanks
Defending armies will never regenerate (to be exact, they may loose health very slowly if they are not surrounded by guilds) you will have to replace them in order to bring them back to full health.
When I go to place a siege army in a sector it comes up with a list of goods required to be paid from Guild Treasury but there are no goods there. How do we put goods into Guild Treasury?
To pay goods for your next siege, go to the sector you want to siege (make sure it's next to a guild's unprotected sector), then click view sector. Then select 8 units (from the current province's era), and you'll see something light up. Click on it:
aUCKHko.png
You will see something pop up and show you how much you have to pay for unlocking it (which could also be seen by just hovering over the orange symbol above) and how much goods you already have in the guild treasury. You can donate your goods to the Guild Treasury by clicking on the icon next to the available button (if you hover over it, it'll show how much you have in your (not the guild's) inventory). Note you can only donate the remainder of what is required (i.e. if 100 wire is required and there is 30 already available, the max anyone can donate now is 100-30=70 wire) or how much you have whichever is the lesser of the two. I am going to donate 100 paper now:
EWPAztz.png
Another way of donating goods to the Guild Treasury is to go to the defending army, select 8 of any unit (does not have to be era-dependent), and click on the unlock button. Mattering on how many open slots your guild has on that sector, you can donate your goods to the guild treasury from there. Note since I donated 100 paper earlier, it has automatically "paid" for it for me), and I cannot donate anymore paper. If I donate 60 wire here, 60 wire will be "paid" for on the siege army as well.
*When I say "paid", it will subtract the goods once you give all of the goods and click on "Pay and Place Now". This means that if another guild member unlocks a slot on the defensive army (by paying 60 each of the other 4 goods), there will only be 40 paper left in the Guild Treasury, and most of the paper that was meant for the siege was spent on something else :(
dewQ4zP.png

hi, can someone please tell me how to
replace damaged defending army?
replace damaged siege army?

also what happens if you attack a siege army on a neoghbouring sector but this army manages to win its own siege before you destroy it?

all help appreciated!
To replace a defending army, you must have a trusted right. Go to the army that is damaged and delete it (click on the delete unit button, then click on it), confirm deletion, then select 8 units and put them in (it'll be free for defending army. I'm not thtat sure about damaged siege armies, but fully healed ones are free).
As long as all defending armies are defeated (or deleted), the guild who placed the siege army (no matter how damaged) will become the new owner of the sector

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17077

how do you grant freedom? do you need to have more then 1 sector, to be able to move your hq? Do you need to have more then 1 sector to grant freedom, and if you do grant freedom do you get all your goods back?
If you cant grant freedom and are constantly under attack and boxed in. If you give up your sector to other guild by letting them attack you will you lose all your goods then? I know these are a lot of questions and may be redundant but need to know the answers to them :)

DeletedUser

Grant Freedom, click on sector that you own and click Grant Freedom

You will lose any goods you paid to unlock defensive slots, however your siege cost will be reduced as you own 1 less sector.

DeletedUser1081

Grant Freedom, click on sector that you own and click Grant Freedom

You will lose any goods you paid to unlock defensive slots, however your siege cost will be reduced as you own 1 less sector.

You get goods as a reward, though, which amount to more than the original siege.
Does anyone know how that reward is calculated, please and thank you?

DeletedUser7719

It matters on how many defensive slots you have unlocked and how much your last siege costed. Note it's only "unlocked". You do not have to place any army to change the number

DeletedUser1081

It matters on how many defensive slots you have unlocked and how much your last siege costed. Note it's only "unlocked". You do not have to place any army to change the number

Thanks byeordie - can you be more specific, though? Do you know what the formula is?
And speaking of that: Can someone post the costs of successive siege armies, please and thank you?

DeletedUser7719

I think it's half the amount of your last siege plus half the amount you spent to unlock all the defensive slots

EDIT: Now I am almost certain that the above is true

DeletedUser17077

Figured out if you get boxed in and there is no moving forward for anyone and you only have 1 sector to begin with, you just need to delete any and all defenses you have. this will turn the sector back into a npc. then you can relocate and try again. But you do lose everything you had into that sector.