• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

CHANGE SHIELD RELEASE TIME

Do something about it at least instead of events and stupid special buildings at least?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser108239

I agree to do something about GvG but disagree with this suggestion. I like team work and I think this would kill the cameraderie of fighting. It is easier to plan my time on the game with RL commitments as it is. I just think into should fix the lags and glitches.
I therefore cannot vote yes or no with the question set up as it is...

DeletedUser111718

Not that I've thought this through much but still, that could likely be over-rided by using the sectors to the back of the retook sector and bouncing from one row and back to the other, creating a constant block at differing times that cannot be directly challenged. If you are off the map, it's probably going to make it difficult to get a footing on the map. It gives too much unfair advantage to the guild holding the sectors, that can't really be challenged. At least with the current system, they have a chance to steal!

Still catching up on the rest of the thread but it looks like the alternating approach referenced above is a tactic which could realistically be employed by the sector-holder.

Day 1 (8:01 pm) - acquire sector 1
Day 1 (11:30 pm) - acquire sector 2 (for simplicity, assume sector 2 blocks access to sector 1)
Day 2 (7:59 pm) - drop sector 1. Protection ends on sector 1 in one minute. However, since sector 2 is still protected, sector 1 is actually unreachable until 11:30 pm. Therefore, no risk to dropping it early.
Day 2 (11:15 pm) - acquire sector 1 (sector is now protected until Day 3 (11:15 pm)

It gives even more of an advantage to the sector holders because it introduces a rolling buffer element where at least part of the buffer length is controllable by the guild in addition to Inno.

DeletedUser111718

Regarding the poll, I would like Inno to fix GvG but because the poll is at the top of a thread which contains one proposed fix to GvG (to which I've already stated my disagreement), I'm worried that selecting "yes" will be interpreted as an endorsement of the OP's suggestion. I think the poll is a good idea though.

DeletedUser109281

The problem with the current reset time is that is heavily favors those living at or very close to Game median time. As I see it, it is a game unbalance that has never been addressed by the tech team not moderators.
Since the Planet is a big place with lots of different time zones. Everybody NOT in the UK or Europe timezone is severely handicapped in GvG. For many international players reset time is while they are at work or asleep in the middle of the night.
All the GvG guilds insist you are there for them at reset. If you cannot, then you are looked upon differently, you will never be seen as an important member or have a real voice in any of the GvG guilds. We all have a life and cannot all move to England just to satisfy this game bug that has never been fixed.

I am sure that everybody not living close to game median time agrees with me. this is not a social issue but an unbalance bug in the game itself that needs to be fixed so it is fair to all players and does not pose as an unfair advantage only for those that live at or near game median time.

The way it has been since inception is unfair to almost everyone around the planet, it heavily favors Guilds heavy with European players and to hell with everybody else, anywhere else.
Rest need to be fixed not just to alleviate lag but to fix what strongly appears to be blatant favoritism of British and European players. Why has this never been sorted out?

DeletedUser99438

Everybody NOT in the UK or Europe timezone is severely handicapped in GvG.

Not really, there are other servers offered to members on other timezones, with different calculation times. Thus, if they want to play at a more suitable calculation time, they have the opportunity to do so. The International server is the only place for UK players and some EU players to play on a GMT server (if they don't speak anything other than English). If we're arguing that the majority of players on the International server shouldn't have a time to suit them because others don't want to join a server with a time more suited to them, then members on the US server (for example) who are not in countries based on the US server timezone, can simply say that the calculation time that suits the majority there, is unfair and not suited either. It's impossible to please everyone in all situations, the best that can be offered is several environments that offer differing circumstances - Innogames have done that. There are choices here, and it's up to an individual to make the best choice for them based on the circumstances offered to them.

All the GvG guilds insist you are there for them at reset. If you cannot, then you are looked upon differently,
"All" is a strong word here... I can tell you not "all" guilds look upon members, within their guild that can't attend reset, "differently" ... yes guilds tend to select players according to the overall guild needs.... but calculation time is not the only need and members that cover such areas, that GMT members can't, are highly valued.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1
Part of the problem with the calculation time is depending on where you are in the world it just doesn't work for some players so not only would this make it so that a majority of the fighting isn't at reset where some people may be sleeping or at work but might encourage others to take part who otherwise wouldn't be able to. There is just too much lag and people dropping and retaking the same sectors at reset and has made it dull.

DeletedUser110382

+1
I have enjoyed joining in with GvG from time to time in most of my guilds but am another Aussie who isn't inclined to drag myself out of bed at 5am for recalc so I miss out on the action and am relegated to filling DAs. Must be lots like me - anything that makes it possible for more of us to fully participate gets my vote.

DeletedUser113901

i don't wait for reset if i want to take a sector i take it does not mater to me what time it is
I wait for reset rush to be over (where I decide) so I encounter much less resistance.