• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Guild Treasury goods exchange

• Thread starter DeletedUser96844
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 60.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser96844

Being as guild treasury is a new concept to the game and some people do not quite understand it fully atm and have been adding goods for ages that their guild does not fight in.

My idea is: that guild treasury be opened to allow guild members to trade for goods collected in it when they open up their marketplace.

the goods stored can be set at a trade rate of 1:2 down an age , 1:1 same age and 2:1 up an age..

that way if a guild member cannot get the trades they require from others there is an option to get them from the guild treasury (without the fp cost of course) similar to the market set by the game of 1:10 on same age.

if this comes into play guild members can store ' unwanted' goods they have and not have to watch and trade them away at latter date..

also ..if a guild member want to leave the game ..the can donate all their goods to guild before leaving knowing that they could be set to good uses..

Mod edit: As per later posts in this thread, the ability to put goods from Treasury into market should be limited to Founders/Leaders so that wrongly deposited goods can be traded, while still ringfencing those needed for GvG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How would that be set up to ensure that the guild treasury goods are available for use in GvG and not taken by a player that happens to need those goods at any one time? Also, who would administer it so that only spare goods were put up for trade and not just everything available in the treasury at that point?

I think that guildies are perfectly able to create trades for what they require and other guildies can fulfil them if they can. Guild chat and guild messages can be used to announce that you need a trade, if needed.

I do see a potential for abuse and much annoyance in this idea, if one player has donated goods for GvG and another player decides that their need is greater - in serious cases it could leave a guild without the required goods to carry out GvG.

DeletedUser1081

I think guild founders/leaders should be able to trade goods in the treasury for other goods, to be deposited directly into the treasury. That way the donations would still be used for GvG, but wouldn't be sitting there uselessly just because someone misunderstood how the treasury works.

So I'm +1, with some modifications.

DeletedUser96867

Would be interesting if the treasury could put trades up in the market. The goods would be traded directly into and out of the market. This would fix the problem of players being able to donate the wrong goods to the gvg treasury for them to be stuck forever for an age the guild isn't fighting in, if the guild treasury could then trade them for an age they are fighting for. Of course if the treasury was designed so a guilds gvg leaders could lock out the ability to donate certain goods we wouldn't have to worry about goods donated to the wrong age. One guild i'm in we are up to about 2,000 goods in the treasury in the wrong age.

Of course it should be left up to leaders/founders or those in charge of a guilds gvg activity to post treasury trades. This bring us back to a gvg rights system with several level of gvg rights.

DeletedUser96844

How would that be set up to ensure that the guild treasury goods are available for use in GvG and not taken by a player that happens to need those goods at any one time? Also, who would administer it so that only spare goods were put up for trade and not just everything available in the treasury at that point?

I think that guildies are perfectly able to create trades for what they require and other guildies can fulfil them if they can. Guild chat and guild messages can be used to announce that you need a trade, if needed.

I do see a potential for abuse and much annoyance in this idea, if one player has donated goods for GvG and another player decides that their need is greater - in serious cases it could leave a guild without the required goods to carry out GvG.

As seen in a few replies...this could be administered by some ppl with leader status..and not every guild member.
as things stand now ..there a goods in several guild treasuries that may never be used..

Are all replies from admin to ideas always so negative?

we are trying to come up with ideas to help the game along and getting shot down at the first oportunity because it may change a part of the game and cause too much work for the devs?

GvG is far from complete and we give ideas that we think may make it better..and helpful to guilds to recover things that will be lost for ever unless we decide to fight in ages we dont want to in order to use them up.

DeletedUser7359

agree totally with titan.
i second all that has been said about the guild treasury. keen & enthusiastic players donated large quantities of goods within hours of it being instated without realizing that it applied to guild wars only. experienced players did the same, since it wasn't immediately obvious that a 'guild treasury' was not for the entire guild, but only for those taking part in GvG. As a result, our guild members are feeling that they have been seriously ripped off!! all the goods we could have traded between us are now trapped in a no-man's-land, wasted! Please work out a way in which a guild can retrieve the goods placed there mistakenly, due to lack of information. You are not new to guild wars, but the rest of us are! thanks :)

DeletedUser98465

There are other aspects to the delivery of this as it is intrinsically linked as I see it, its a package of changes that need to be applied in one hit, using all the supporting suggestions that sit across this forum. One cannot exist without additional factors:

1) There needs to be a method to be able to apply rights or permissions in relation to all aspects of GvG to members of a guild.
2) There needs to be a method that shows and logs all aspects of GvG activities so people can a) see what is happening and b) be accountable for what they do
3) There needs to be a method that allows the (limited) REMOVAL of goods from a guild treasury by designated persons, so they can be traded on the open market. This is a slight variation to the above and whilst does not detract from the idea gives the greatest flexibility. However with this in mind it could be open to abuse. It also by default most definitively requires point 1 and 2 for that very reason, but with consideration to the below and the introduction of limited removal of goods per day/week.

e.g. Guild rights are in place for only founders/leaders/officers to remove goods, however there is nothing stopping anyone of these individuals removing all the goods and leaving (or not at all if they want to remain anonymous). Right now there is no way to track this. That said, if you also build in a daily cap, and tie this back to a log it's trackable and people whilst can siphon amounts over a period of time, can be caught doing so.

DeletedUser96867

Of course this all could have been avoided had the guild treasury been designed so goods could only be donated for ages a guild held sectors in, or if a leader could lock/unlock the ability to donate each individual good to the treasury. Had i designed the treasury i certainly would have included one of those 2 features. I would of course been glad to offer the suggestions if there was any chance in a blue moon that the devs actually listened to suggestions. Clearly those who initially designed the treasury so it allowed BA goods to be donated (with no BA gvg) certainly didn't think about these issues.

DeletedUser

Some solution is needed but selling not needed goods for what is needed is possibly the best option.

DeletedUser2989

1) There needs to be a method to be able to apply rights or permissions in relation to all aspects of GvG to members of a guild.
2) There needs to be a method that shows and logs all aspects of GvG activities so people can a) see what is happening and b) be accountable for what they do
3) There needs to be a method that allows the (limited) REMOVAL of goods from a guild treasury by designated persons, so they can be traded on the open market. This is a slight variation to the above and whilst does not detract from the idea gives the greatest flexibility. However with this in mind it could be open to abuse. It also by default most definitively requires point 1 and 2 for that very reason, but with consideration to the below and the introduction of limited removal of goods per day/week.

1) I agree they need to work on rights and that such GvG specific rights would be required here, in terms of opening and closing off certain age goods from trades.
2)That's a seperate issue really, it would cover this idea if implemented but really this idea could go ahead without all the log adjustments, current content already has.
3)I believe the original idea posed ONLY trades with the guild treasury to avoid the possibilty of someone taking everything and trading it for personal gain. In a sense modifying the treasury into a trade hub/treasury... As this would only be open to guild members you wouldn't have to impose any point restictions either.

Now I've seen a simmilar idea on the forum, http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?24576-Guild-to-Guild-Exchange . Mink pointed the link out in the other idea, I'm linking that one here so it goes both ways.
They are different in the target people trading with the guild treasury, might be able to implement both. Leaders can open/closed certain ages for internal guild trades and they could also propose trades between two guild treasuries. Both have restricted trade ratios at the core to limit exploits.

DeletedUser13805

reading these posts about what guild leaders should have or not have and looking at the long lists of rules or regs, you guys are in danger of over kill
remember its just a game, guilds are there to serve the members, not the members are there to serve guild leaders and boost there egos

sorry my post is negitive but there are so many threads all screaming for more power for leaders or more options that leaders should have like being able to tell what each person is doing in there guild its getting more like big brother is watching you.

DeletedUser99692

Surely the quickest and simplest solution would be the ability to trade up or down age goods within the treasury that have been wrongly donated by over enthusiastic guild members. As the goods have been effectively written off from normal game play at least the guild as a whole would still reap some benefit from them. There could be a time limit or some other penalty set for when these goods could be released for exchanged to stop abuse from deliberately encouraging wrong age donations to increase legal stocks.

I do agree that leaders or founders should have the ability to block unwanted goods from being donated.

DeletedUser

Our guild has been caught by the Treasury as well ie donated goods not needed. I read through the concerns and like twomsuk's idea. You can't remove goods from Treasury but those with trusted status could trade goods up or down to the right era. Along with this idea, I like the one where a player with trusted status could lock/unlock each good to prevent wrong goods going into Treasury.
These two ideas would alleviate the moderators concerns and help out all the guilds with useless goods sitting in the Treasury. Cheers :)

DeletedUser

Are all replies from admin to ideas always so negative?

I wasn't a forum moderator when I posted in this thread, and I was actually posting as a player, with my thoughts on the idea. My concern was the potential for guildies to appropriate the guild treasury goods, which might not be a welcome change to the game.

DeletedUser96844

I wasn't a forum moderator when I posted in this thread, and I was actually posting as a player, with my thoughts on the idea. My concern was the potential for guildies to appropriate the guild treasury goods, which might not be a welcome change to the game.

Your reply has you shown as a scribe when you wrote it.
If guildies need goods they already get them from their guild mates..
most of the unused goods placed in treasury are surplus goods donated by the guildies.. i don't think they would refuse to trade with guildmates and rather put them into treasury..

The idea was to give the guild leaders a chance to trade those goods with another guild/ player for goods that the guild need for GvG ages they are actually playing on.

As it stands now..if the guild does not fight on that particular map the goods a wasted.
Any trades would go in / out of treasury and would not benefit the leaders personally anyway.

I have seen quite a few good ideas (in my view) dismissed by admin in such a short time that it could not possibly have been given reasonable consideration

DeletedUser

Still, I was posting as a player and thought that it might be worth considering possible loopholes before the idea gets to the development stage. If it were possible to set it up so that it had little chance of being abused, then I would be all for it; I was just questioning it's usefulness versus the potential for unfair gameplay.

Considering the fact that people are currently asking why certain issues with GvG weren't foreseen or resolved, I think it is reasonable to detail potential issues at the ideas stage.

DeletedUser97349

I have seen quite a few good ideas (in my view) dismissed by admin in such a short time that it could not possibly have been given reasonable consideration

For clarification, opinions expressed by moderators should not be considered a reflection of what the devs may or may not be planning on implementing unless explicitly stated.

DeletedUser96844

Consider this:

1/ traded goods to / from guild treasury can only be done by those with leader status.
2/ have no fp costs to allow for trades to be done on behalf of guild
3/ goods only go to / from treasury and not to the players stock.

it would debunk most of the concerns of players taking advantage..
the guild could swap unneeded goods for those needed for GvG
other guild members could donate goods to those ages for trading to help out their guilds.
it would help those guilds with very little players with troops and goods in the correct age to get a foothold on the maps.

if guild members see a leader conducting bad trades they can simply stop donating goods (but i dont see why leaders would damage their guilds in that way)

DeletedUser98465

reading these posts about what guild leaders should have or not have and looking at the long lists of rules or regs, you guys are in danger of over kill
remember its just a game, guilds are there to serve the members, not the members are there to serve guild leaders and boost there egos

sorry my post is negitive but there are so many threads all screaming for more power for leaders or more options that leaders should have like being able to tell what each person is doing in there guild its getting more like big brother is watching you.

I don't believe it is overkill, many other games work on the same premise without any issues, if implemented correctly and wisely it's an asset. I certainly don't look at it as power, but rather control and protection from abuse.

Permissions are there for the very reason to protect what you and your' members as a guild have built.
Logs/Recording of what happens is equally there to protect members as it is to protect guild leaders. Would you be happy if something was implemented that allowed leader only access but there was nothing to show that someone was siphoning goods from the treasury as an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.