• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Guild to Guild Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

@IBZFanatic While your OP said fair trades you didn't specify trade ratios so when I read it I assumed players would still be choosing the ratios as we do now. People in thie game have slightly different views of what fair trade is, some put it down to simple cost, if it costs twice as much then you should get twice the amount for it IE 4 Ebony for 8 Lumber. Others want to factor in the size of the building and would find a 1:1 trade ratio between Tar and Coffee unfair as the Tar producer has to use up more town space to build his building than the Coffee producer does. So my point here is "fair trade" means different things to different people.

With strict age limited ratios it would limit the ability to exploit this feature, takes away the freedom to value certain goods more than others but it does restrict exploits.

+1 for the resticted G to G trade system.

Ahhh, I understand your initial concern. That makes clear sense. Of course, as you agreed, with a true fair trade ratio across the ages, a treasury "exchange" could only be a win-win for all players/guilds involved in GVG.

DeletedUser2989

Marking this idea as forwarded due to the GvG feedback send via the GvG feedback thread started by Starzaan.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
Interesting, but with the recent surge in fear over cheating what would be done in the case of several guilds funneling goods into one? One guild could have the goods supply of 3 guilds through back and forth unfair trades.

I know a strech of the imagination for that to be a cheat but none the less, there is already a lot of complaints about over supplied guilds gobbling up sectors.

Personally I like the idea and wouldn't care if there was abuse. Could implement rules with it but i'd imagin it would be hard to monitor and enforce game rules to prevent my theorised goods push.

Make it a "Fair Trade" only system with trades only same age or 1 age apart being allowed with the traditional 2:1 - 1:1 - 1:2 fair trades allowed and each trade comes at a cost of 1000 medals per 100 goods gained. Even have it possible for members to donate FP's and having each trade cost 10fp's on top of the 1000 medals per 100 goods gained. That way you rid yourself of the abuse. Just an idea ..

Status
Not open for further replies.