• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Guild specific threads

Do you support this idea?

• No, we do not need that feature

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal:
Add ability to tag important guild threads which should contain all guild members (swaps, 1,9 thread, GBs in the mud, etc) as "Guild Specific" threads which will allow leaders/moderators to update all of those threads to current guild members using just one button instead of doing it individually for every thread.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
There are many suggestions on message system improvement but I was not able to find this specific feature.

Details:
In message settings add a click box titled "mark as guild specific thread" which you can use to tag all important guild threads you want to use to update together. Right next to "update to all current guild members" add another button titled "update all guild threads to current members".

Reason:
When players join or leave guilds leaders/moderators must go trough all individual guild threads and update them one by one.

Direct messages and other threads which should not be updated (closed clubs, leaders thread, etc) can create a real clutter and the way loading more "pages" works on mobile app can easily cause moderators to skip some of the important guild threads and leave them not updated by mistake. That can mostly pose an issue when someone is dismissed from the guild but stays in one of the swap threads for example.

Abuse Prevention:
Can not think of any way this feature could be abused.

Summary:
Saves time updating guild threads and eliminates the possibility of leaving certain threads not updated.

Agent327

Overlord
Guild members that do not want to take part in a swap, or 1,9 thread are allowed to leave those. This will put them back in every time.

Any Empire

Sergeant
Guild members that do not want to take part in a swap, or 1,9 thread are allowed to leave those. This will put them back in every time.

Far easier for the very few who want to opt out, to do so.
Seems useful, but would like to hear what those running guilds think.
+1

Galladhorn

Monarch
I do not have a problem with this idea, though a much needed overhaul of the thread system in general would be much welcome.

– I am not sure how much guild cordiantion will be needed for the GBG, properly less than GvG and more than GE which literally is none, but if GBG will need just fraction more than none, then the Guild Threads are gonna get even more cramped than they already are.

That is true Agent, and I thought of that but they get added anyways if you update threads by clicking on 'update to all guild members" in every single thread individually, and very few admins will micromanage 10 or 15 guild threads adding just particular people to particular threads. Everyone is welcome to leave those threads they don't want to be a part of they get re-added.

Agent327

Overlord
That is true Agent, and I thought of that but they get added anyways if you update threads by clicking on 'update to all guild members" in every single thread individually, and very few admins will micromanage 10 or 15 guild threads adding just particular people to particular threads.

I do. Costs me 5 minutes at most.

My point is that if as a Guild you want these things, you need to work for it. If you use those threads, you can make it so multiple guild members can moderate them. How much work is it after that.

Another problem I see is that when it comes to the message system, not one single idea forwarded has been implemented. Nothing wrong with your proposal, but I do not think it has any chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.