• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild-only-trades option on the market

Proposal:

Add a filter option to see only those trades which have been marked for Guild Only by the seller. In other words, provide a way to see market trades only put up specifically for guild members, by your guild members.

Current Ideas on the market include:
There is an option (at least on the app) to filter trades to those put on by a guild member but not to filter down to those put on for guild only.
The option to filter to only those trades marked for Guild Only has not been suggested before.

Reason:

Trades marked for Guild Only are likely to be better value; that is the reason the seller marked them in the first place: they are making better offers than they would to everyone else. There is currently no way to find such offers exclusively.

Some guilds have various rules regarding what is put on the market (a common one being a concept of 'fair trades' that takes no account of gross cost of production of the goods). Guilds wanting to dictate what a member's trades will be with another guild member may not care what a member grades outside of the guild - but there is currently no way to see which is which.

Details:

A checkbox would be added for Guild-only-trades. All items shown will be those the seller put on the market with the Guilds-only flag set.

Checking the Guild-only-trades box would automatically check the Guilds-only checkbox and unchecking the Guilds-only checkbox will automatically uncheck the Guild-only-trades box.

Visual Aids:

Too trivial.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:

This could cause some guilds to change current policies, relaxing what rates members trade outside the guild. Other guilds will want to state that they dictate all member's trade deals, whether inside or outside the guild.

There is no potential for abuse.

Edited to clarify the first paragragph.​

Last edited:
I have an additional thought to how some of these things - particularly this one and the 'fair trades' option - could be implemented.

A reason not to implement them is screen clutter that can be confusing for new users. As a way around this, they could be introduced upon achieving certain technologies, so the user is only exposed to a little more at a time. This is especially so since the motivation for inclusion is management of guilds, which isn't really a problem in the early stages of play. Both filters would be used by general players but, again, players in early ages are not doing vast amounts of trading.

Chain of Command (late in Iron Age) could introduce the 'Fair Trades' filter. Economics (early in Early Middle Age) could introduce this filter.

DeletedUser110195

You keep talking about established fair trade as if it's stealing something from you, have you not thought about the other end of that stick you keep waving around? So smaller buildings take up less space and you can fit more of them in, in order to do that though you have to spend more space on houses and supply buildings to build and operate those extra goods buildings, the 'gross cost' remains the same. While it is true that you could purpose extra space from having a boost related to a smaller building to other things, goods will always cost the same, in order to produce more, you have to dedicate more space to houses for the population needed for those buildings, population for the supply buildings to make something in those buildings.

That said, a trade filter making trades posted by guild members the only thing visible would be nice too. +1

You keep talking about established fair trade as if it's stealing something from you, have you not thought about the other end of that stick you keep waving around? So smaller buildings take up less space and you can fit more of them in, in order to do that though you have to spend more space on houses and supply buildings to build and operate those extra goods buildings, the 'gross cost' remains the same. While it is true that you could purpose extra space from having a boost related to a smaller building to other things, goods will always cost the same, in order to produce more, you have to dedicate more space to houses for the population needed for those buildings, population for the supply buildings to make something in those buildings.

That said, a trade filter making trades posted by guild members the only thing visible would be nice too. +1
I think it best not to get into the issue on this thread with someone who thinks free trade is waving a stick at someone (but kicking people out of a guild because they want free trade isn't?) I created another thread where it can be discussed.

Let us please just keep to topic: the idea of having an option to filter the market to see only those trades in one's guild marked for 'Guild Only.'

DeletedUser103370

I think all these props are essentially trying to achieve the exact same thing: more and better filters.
I don't see why couldn't we introduce all of them, to suit every play-style! Some important for one, some for another, so I say make the customization as wide as possible.

Btw, maybe I misunderstand it, but isn't this the filter you're looking for @Prinza the Hunter?
g6qEmnV.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all these props are essentially trying to achieve the exact same thing: more and better filters.
I don't see why couldn't we introduce all of them, to suit every play-style! Some important for one, some for another, so I say make the customization as wide as possible.
I agree, though I quite like the idea of bringing in the options in stages through the technologies. Flexibility is also complexity and allowing a new player to get used to what each option does before bringing in another one seems sensible.

DeletedUser103370

That's even better! I could even imagine a separate research tree dedicated for trades, unlocked the same way through ages as the normal tech tree!

Btw, maybe I misunderstand it, but isn't this the filter you're looking for @Prinza the Hunter?
g6qEmnV.png
I don't think so but it is possible: I use the app, and foolishly assumed that the funtionality was simply missing, rather than being another one that is denied to app players.

On the app, there is an ability to filter all offers to those by Guild members. If that is what the one you indicate does, then no, it isn't what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is to further filter those offers by Guild members to offers they marked as being available for guild members only.

So if that is what the option you illustrate does, I will scream again that JUST BECAUSE I PLAY ON AN IPAD SHOULD NOT MAKE ME A SECOND-CLASS PLAYER!

DeletedUser110195

Actually, that is the same thing. I've recently played the game on a phone, and the guild only function on the app is the same as the browser.

I'm not at all sure why I forgot about that, I use it frequently, but my mind was focused on the seller side of trades, rather than buyer, but even then you can make trades visible only to guildies so....in retrospect this idea is fully redundant.

DeletedUser103370

I don't think so but it is possible: I use the app, and foolishly assumed that the funtionality was simply missing, rather than being another one that is denied to app players.

On the app, there is an ability to filter all offers to those by Guild members. If that is what the one you indicate does, then no, it isn't what I am looking for.

What I am looking for is to further filter those offers by Guild members to offers they marked as being available for guild members only.

So if that is what the option you illustrate does, I will scream again that JUST BECAUSE I PLAY ON AN IPAD SHOULD NOT MAKE ME A SECOND-CLASS PLAYER!

Yeah :D That shows offers for guild members only!
kjYjz8K.png

I hardly ever use the app, so I'm not aware of the differences, I seriously think we should have a dedicated separate sub-forum in the ideas for the App only.

...in retrospect this idea is fully redundant.
Not at all. There is no way, currently, to filter trades to only those that your guild mates have put on the market marked for sale only to guild members.

The only guild filter currently is for all trades a guild member puts on the market. So if a member puts on 1:1 trades for guild members but 1:2 trades for non-members, you can't get to see only those ones he is offering at favourable rates to his fellow members.

DeletedUser110195

Ah, I see the angle you're viewing this from now, though I believe a fair trade filter would solve this more cleanly, less filters to dig through, just guild only and fair trade only, that would achieve the same end you're talking about here, with one less filter, and one new filter that can be used across the entire market.

DeletedUser103370

Not at all. There is no way, currently, to filter trades to only those that your guild mates have put on the market marked for sale only to guild members.

The only guild filter currently is for all trades a guild member puts on the market. So if a member puts on 1:1 trades for guild members but 1:2 trades for non-members, you can't get to see only those ones he is offering at favourable rates to his fellow members.

We have to clear this up, coz either I don't understand what you guys saying, or you misunderstand how it works!
Now this is for the browser version, for the app you have to confirm:
  • you put a trade up, then click the "guild only" button
    kjYjz8K.png
  • these offers will show for guild members only, and of course you can only see offers of your own guild mates
    g6qEmnV.png
Or is this not the same you're trying to achieve?

DeletedUser103370

What he's suggesting is a filter that shows only trades to a buyer, that the seller marked as guild only.

Ok, so you mean show offers of a SINGLE seller, marked for guild only? Or the possibility to post a trade to only a SINGLE buyer?

DeletedUser110195

No, any trade that a guildmate marked as guild only before posting, this filter would show those.

DeletedUser110195

No you're not seeing what I mean, yes that will show the trades made by guild members but they aren't necessarily guild only; all trades made by a member of your guild will be visible to you no matter what they do, but you don't know which they have made guild only, or available to their friends and neighbors. This filter would show the trades they want seen ONLY by guild members.

DeletedUser103370

No you're not seeing what I mean, yes that will show the trades made by guild members but they aren't necessarily guild only; all trades made by a member of your guild will be visible to you no matter what they do, but you don't know which they have made guild only, or available to their friends and neighbors. This filter would show the trades they want seen ONLY by guild members.

AHHHHHHHHHH, for god's sake, I understand at last lol.
Yeah, that'd be good, along with the rest of the custom filters proposed in the other threads!
Thanks @Augustavian!