• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild leaders' most frequent quote

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
The leaders of every guild that I join like to say the following, which makes me nervous and I don't know why:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask this-person, this-person or this-person.

My thoughts:

How do I ask any question about what I completely do not know?

Visual aids:

59631931.jpg
7534825.gif
196854d1381253622-deck-halls-package-train-h2dbed4e2.jpg

However, I do have a question here for the leaders (of forum, likewise) -- is gif allowed here? Spoiler 2 is a gif.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
However, I do have a question here for the leaders (of forum, likewise) -- is gif allowed here? Spoiler 2 is a gif.

Images
- Maximum size images you are allowed to post are 640 by 640 pixels in dimension. If posting a larger image is unavoidable (for example a screenshot in a bug report, or one posted from a mobile device where you cannot edit the image size) please 'spoiler' the image.
- Animated images are allowed (including for example GIFs and links to YouTube) but these must comply with all other forum rules

As to asking questions about things you know nothing about, that's where it becomes a full fledged conversation​

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Understood.

The following may be an over-generalization and too far off even for off-topic square, but I discovered the following theorems:

1) When I see something and think "it is not right", it could be just me. And I test it like this: I look elsewhere, and if I feel there also that everything is "not right", especially things that previously were just fine but seem wrong at this moment, then it is definitely only me, having some kind of internal problem.

2) A complaint is often issued in the circumstance that the complainer "thought" ("imagined") previously how something would be like and when this something is manifested, it is completely different. At this point, the complainer would have a lot things to say. But actually, after some time, the complainers themselves would completely forget what they were thinking previously!

DeletedUser111866

Sometimes it takes a fresh look to see that something isn't right, and guild newcomers or other people capable of assessing a situation without prejudice of "it's there because it was there all the time" are perfect candidates to ask inconvenient questions like this. Also, asking is not a crime. Why don't you ask about something you don't feel is right before you get twisted into feeling it is while it really isn't?

DeletedUser112168

As a founder and leader of a guild, I contact the person who wants to join, or has joined and say Hi to them, any help you need info wise for this game, feel free to contact me..... I don't think to date (touchwood) I've scared anyone!!!

DeletedUser99588

The only silly question is the one not asked

That is so not true but people love to repeat this expression. There are many silly questions asked and quite rightly so in a society that provides freedom of speech. Still doesn't make them less silly. The expression is designed to make people feel less self conscious about asking questions giving them the false expectation that they won't be derided for it.

Keep them coming though otherwise Agent will have nothing to do on the forum :lol:

DeletedUser

That is so not true but people love to repeat this expression. There are many silly questions asked and quite rightly so in a society that provides freedom of speech. Still doesn't make them less silly. The expression is designed to make people feel less self conscious about asking questions giving them the false expectation that they won't be derided for it.

Sorry I have to disagree, I have spent my life in the construction and technology industry and no question is to silly to ask, and comments like that put people off asking questions and that is how mistakes are made, and those mistakes can be costly or cost lives.

So no question is to silly to ask. :)

DeletedUser113901

The thing is for exemple: can you ask what sloths eat if you don't know sloths exists?
Are you a cowfish? Am I dead? Can I ask you a question? See there are plenty silly questions.

DeletedUser

And there are those who will take things to an extreme to prove they are right :)

vikingraider

Emperor
Sorry I have to disagree, I have spent my life in the construction and technology industry and no question is to silly to ask, and comments like that put people off asking questions and that is how mistakes are made, and those mistakes can be costly or cost lives.

I agree. I'm often called to train people in my field of work, and someone who asks no questions can ring alarm bells.