• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Leader Control - Hide unfair trades in Guild Market

DeletedUser107610

This Thread is developed from feedback in another Thread I created, and is compiled of various suggestions by other players.

Proposal:

MARKET
When a Guild administrator (Guild Leader Rights) enters the market and views the Guild Only Trades, they have an additional check box next to each trade allowing them to Hide that trade if it is deemed unfair within that Guild. This function can only be accessed by a player who has been given Leader Rights.

Research:

As this thread has been created on feedback from another thread, I did look in to it, but can't seem to find anything similar

Reason:

Being in a Leadership position within a guild, I find it tiresome and frustrating trying to educate our newbies about fair trades when separate era's are involved. and of course you get the rebel Guildy who purposely ignore your advice and tries to get as many goods as they can unfairly anyway. Across the game there is a fair trade ratio used by the majority, and I think it would be a great update if Guild leaders had an option to hide any unfair trades from the Guild Only Market, if required.

Details:
Open the Market as normal, Click the Trading Tab and then check the Only Show Guild Offers tick box (Shield)
This then shows you all the trades in the market from your Guild only. If a player has Leader Rights, they have an additional check box between the send message tab and the Action Tab allowing them to hide the trade from the Guild Only Market if it is deemed unfair within their Guild. This action will not hide the trade from the Global market.
Visual Aids:
I'm working on this for future revisions

Balance:
Nothing much is being changed, this will simply just give additional control to Guild Leaders who are trying to manage their Guild.

Abuse Prevention:

As Guild Leader Rights are required for this function to work, it should not be under threat of Abuse.

Summary:

I will gladly listen to your suggestions, comments, feedback and criticism

Vesiger

Monarch
Yes, this cropped up in the middle of one of the other discussions and I thought it sounded like an interesting solution to the problem of people wanting to offer speculative trades - it would be better to have a 'not visible to guild' option along with the guild-only option, I think, but that does rely on people being willing/remembering to use it.
This allows the guild administrator to take retrospective action to clean things up when someone uploads a whole page of unfair trades onto the guild market.

+1 from me.

DeletedUser1094

NO!!
Leaders are supposed to tell, teach and show how they want the game to be played... not to play the game for the members.
Let the players do, what they want...and kick them, if they do not comply to Guild-rules.

DeletedUser100832

alright, +1

although I would prefer such a filter at user level, i.e. I should be able to set my market window so _I_ don't see any unfair offers

DeletedUser

Firstly, what is your definition of "fair trade"? Production cost model? 2:1 if trading up an age and 1:2 if trading down? There is no one understanding of what constitutes "fair trade".
I don't like the idea of a "fair trade" system that has been invented and enforced by the player base being programmed into the game on any level. If you have certain rules within your guild, that's fine, but the only "fair trade" is what buyer and seller are both content with, in my opinion.

DeletedUser109268

being in a Leadership position means being at the guild service, not the other way around. A leader is not a boss that tells what to do. A leader let people following him willingly because he/she says : LET'S do it, LET'S go. Once you try to be controlling your leadership needs to be reviewed entirely. I am a Leader and I have abolished all these compulsory 2 FPs rules here and there in my Guild, once a GB is in the mud I drop the FPs first. I let people play the way they enjoy it best, my only interest is the ultimate goal for the guild, I set reasonable targets and I always explain to EVERYONE why I do what. In my guild, the trade is defined by the market although the 1:2 or 2:1 applies most of the time. People advise when there is an unfair trade on and why, I do not need to control what my mates do, I motivate, I assist but I do not do Kindergarten.

So for this and for any proposal to restrict players actions within the guild (it's a game for God's sake!)

Vesiger

Monarch
In my guild, the trade is defined by the market although the 1:2 or 2:1 applies most of the time. People advise when there is an unfair trade on and why, I do not need to control what my mates do, I motivate, I assist but I do not do Kindergarten.

So for this and for any proposal to restrict players actions within the guild
Nobody is proposing restricting players' actions.
Nobody is programming in fixed 'fair trade' ratios to the game.
The suggestion is to have the possibility of hiding certain of the players' actions from the rest of the guild who are not interested in them, at the individual discretion of the guild leaders.

In my guild, I have players complaining about page after page of unfair trades (someone has just uploaded about a dozen trades of 2 cloth asking for payment of 1 rope each). I have other players - including fellow admins - protesting that these trades of theirs are not aimed at the guild and that all you have to do if you want their goods more cheaply is to ask.
We try to encourage people to take any guild trade available - this is very awkward when there are a large number of obviously unfair trades showing up on the market. On the other hand, we don't (and indeed can't, since most of the admins including myself are on mobile) enforce a policy of expelling any players who offer them.

This suggestion offers the possibility of intelligent human intervention in order to keep all the guild members happy; as I said above, I think a not-for-guild trading option would solvee most of the problems.
Currently I'm trying to deal with a situation where almost ALL the trades that show up in the guild market when we filter for offers are unfair ones, because of course they hardly ever get taken and just hang around clogging everything up...

DeletedUser109268

I do not see 2 cloth against 1 rope as unfair personally. But if it's that the case of several pages I would say to that member who places 10 maybe 20 trade 2cloth vs 1 rope that it is better to place 20 cloth vs 10 rope because the ultimate goal for him is that the trade is taken. I would say that an outsider wouldn't pay 1 FP for 2 cloth but it may pay it for 20 cloth and the result would be the same..
People follow when it is explained what the benefit is for them. If I say to my guildies" Ok guys now motivate the HoFs because they are important" I doubt people will follow but If I say" Guys if we motivate all the Hall of fame next guild level grants 4 FPs for free in our town hall" I am asking exactly the same thing but in the second case people will follow and I am for the second one... Highlighting what's in it for everyone. Hiding still does not sound as a solution.
That is all I meant. My apologies if I have maybe misunderstood but some restructuring is needed if some members still do not get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
Part of the problem is that I literally have no idea who is placing which trades; I could work around this by asking some of the members who have complained, so it's not an excuse, but it does make things awkward. Another part of the problem is that I only have a few months' experience of the game myself, and the vast majority of our members have less - it's a very new guild.
On the whole I encourage people to split up their trades for guild purposes, as it's easier to find five people with six stone each to spare than one with thirty. But that rather seems to undermine the players' argument that "this trade is not intended for the guild", doesn't it? :-(

DeletedUser109268

well if you do not use a laptop, unfortunately you'll be out of the loop on many things. Do the login from a laptop and you will see who is doing what...

How many members do you have ?

Vesiger

Monarch
80 members, no laptop :lol:
Our selling point is that we're a mobile-friendly guild; we were set up the day it became possible to create a guild from mobile, and we don't use any of the features that require a browser (e.g. guild forums). I think we're pretty successful - several people have said spontaneously what a good guild it is compared to others they've tried, and how friendly it feels. But there are certain administrative problems associated with having all the founder members on mobile access ;-)

DeletedUser15432

I give this idea a score of -1, there are instances where a player is or might be allowed to offer unfair trades such as specific Great Buildings that assist the guild

Vesiger

Monarch
I give this idea a score of -1, there are instances where a player is or might be allowed to offer unfair trades such as specific Great Buildings that assist the guild
But that's the point.
It's not another of the 'automatically enforce fair trading' proposals; it's a suggestion for allowing actual human beings to make the judgement according to what's reasonable for the guild circumstances. I get the impression that a lot of people are voting on the grounds that enforcing uniform trade ratios is bad, which is an opinion I'd generally agree with - the whole interest of this scheme lies in the fact that it's not one of those.

DeletedUser7719

I will stay neutral on this. I do understand and agree with the reasoning behind this idea, but my main concern is a leader abusing his power here, and the amount of additional precautions that would be needed to prevent/punish the abuse of power.

DeletedUser16126

+1
If fair trading is a guild rule in a certain guild, then it would be just great if leaders can remove unfair ones.
And the definition of unfair can be defined by the leaders.

DeletedUser106696

+1

As long as the leader can only hide the trade from the guild rather than removing it entirely.
What's fair will then need to be determined within each guild that want to use this feature...