• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild incentives

DeletedUser

This proposal is similar to a previous idea, however I feel the idea is sufficiently different enough and would increase activity within guilds and provide people (particularly noobs) with incentives to keep with the game and work hard

Proposal:
I was thinking could guilds be given a central bank function. So that guild members could donate coins (+or- goods maybe not) that they had earnt to the guild. The guild would then be able to offer coins(/goods) as rewards for activity and rapid improvements and prizes etc etc.

Reason:
This would provide people with incentives to play the game and increase there activity. It would also provide opportunities for guild members to be more active on guild forums etc etc and generally increase a comunity amongst the guild.

Details: Simple buttons could be added to donate resources to the guild. In the guild admin area a new button could be added for Leaders of the guild or whoever was given permission to access a guilds treasury could then distribute as and when required....
This idea could be furthered by making it possible for guilds to create their own GB's and bring further competition between guilds.

Visual Aids:

Balance:
I do not think this would effect other features of the game apart from increasing activity.

Abuse Prevention:
There may be a possibility for abuse in the same way that the gifting idea was rejected. However by making transfers freely viewable to all guildmembers the people making transfers of guild resources would be accountable to the whole guild. Some smaller guilds maybe created to allow gifting, but maybe only allowing guilds of certain sizes may prevent this.

Summary:

DeletedUser

No. It won't increase activity, because even now you get more coins/supplies while you are more active. But this idea opens so HUGE possibilities for abuse! Daily coin/supply production in PE city can reach several millions. And PE players have enough of resources, they can easily give away a few millions to every new guildie, who won't need any supplies buildings and won't care about coins till end of the tech tree. What kind of the game it will be?

DeletedUser

Ah ok. I didnt realise the top players would have so much spare money, as I haven't got there myself yet! The idea was to make players more active within the guild not just in the game. But I understand what you mean.

However, do you think the idea of being able to donate to the guild and having objectives for guilds maybe even a guild research tree and being able to create GB's as a guild could work? (with getting rid of the idea of the guild then being able to gift the donating things to players)

DeletedUser15432

bad idea, please refer to ideas information in sticky posts for what is allowed

DeletedUser

However, do you think the idea of being able to donate to the guild and having objectives for guilds maybe even a guild research tree and being able to create GB's as a guild could work? (with getting rid of the idea of the guild then being able to gift the donating things to players)
Having some common objectives in a guild would be nice, but this idea requires a lot of thinking to prevent unbalancing. If donations would be in the form of coins/supplies/goods/units then, again, PE players can "pay" for the whole guild and it wouldn't be a really joint effort. Even FP donations will be dominated by PE players who have finished the tech tree. It may also lead to even stronger separation of different-age players between guilds - strong guilds won't invite pre-PE players who can't donate a lot (hopefully GvG will reduce the present "age discrimination"). Besides, if it will be something permanent like guild GB or guild tech tree, then newly formed guilds will be at a huge disadvantage compared to old ones. This is not good.

I can imagine something simple, like "guild totem(s)", which can be polished/motivated by guild members and provide small additional bonus to resource collections/happiness/etc.

DeletedUser276

there are much more things coming out for guilds within the next month. This will encompass more than you would think and add way more 'meaning' to guilds.

DeletedUser

there are much more things coming out for guilds within the next month. This will encompass more than you would think and add way more 'meaning' to guilds.
We've been hearing these promises for over a year, so I'm a little bit skeptical it will happen soon.

DeletedUser276

That is because one thing was supposed to be out in April. But due to massive conflicts not from it but previous additions and the need for bug fixes it was put off. If I am wrong about within a month I will talk to QM about doing the quizes way more often as a reward to the players.

DeletedUser15432

That is because one thing was supposed to be out in April. But due to massive conflicts not from it but previous additions and the need for bug fixes it was put off. If I am wrong about within a month I will talk to QM about doing the quizes way more often as a reward to the players.

What is the latest news on the absent quizmaster because I am no longer sure what world he is uspposed to be on or if he is still alive