• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: (Guild) Help Guildmasters count for something

• Thread starter DeletedUser111626
  • Start date

DeletedUser111626

I would like to suggest letting guild masters actually have the power to help players in their guild. Therefore living upto their title. Players sometimes struggle to get goods required for quests or to progress. Players make contributions to guild banks so give Guildmasters a feature so they can directly access goods in the bank and put them in guild trade for the specific need of a player. The player needing a certain good they cannot find in market could ask the guild master for said good from the guild bank stock and the guild master could then directly help a player. In fairness I feel guild members would be far more likely to make regular donations if they felt when they themselves need a trade good to help their progress a guild master could pass them what they need. The bank should be utilised to help all the guild members in their time of need not just have the goods sitting there stockpiling for no other reason than guild expedition. I feel guilds would grow and work together more to help each other if a Guild Master could actually interact and directly help a member in need. A guild master should be the foundation of the guild bonding and pulling together. Let the guild master actually have some powers to help and aid to facilitate the guild. Guild in this game seems fractured there is no direct actions a guild leader /master can do. Give Guild Masters abilities to have an important role to help. Guild masters are often well established experienced players, let them put those qualities to actual use !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

Similiar idea was shot down. Too high possibility of abuse.

However as goods are needed, you can always use chat to ask guild members to take the trade. Some members may even take unfair ones (those have to be arranged).

DeletedUser111626

Similiar idea was shot down. Too high possibility of abuse.

However as goods are needed, you can always use chat to ask guild members to take the trade. Some members may even take unfair ones (those have to be arranged).
It's not just about the goods, it's giving guild masters an actual role to facilitate the guild and interact, help the guild work better together

DeletedUser96901

I want my 800 goods back every day that my Arc puts into the treasury :lol:

abuse: yes but that is what other want. so I take it too :lol:

Guild masters are often well established experienced players
then they know the reason why goods can't be taken out for personal use :rolleyes:

DeletedUser111351

There seem to be several different thoughts/ideas tangled together in the first post and the following discussion.
1. Give guild master some special power to help other guild members.
I don't mind this in broad concept, but it depends too much on specific implementation to give a yea or nay (and don't find the first post to be quite explicit enough for me to understand exactly what is desired other than "allow owner to help member"). In truth though I find that other than a few top guilds (where most of the players as well as the owner are dedicated players) it is completely hit or miss how active/knowledgeable/etc the owner. The guild master already has fairly broad power to set up a guild and control it. If a means is introduced to allow one player to help another, I see no reason to limit such action to "only guild masters."

2. Tap directly into the treasury and extract goods.
As has been said, this is rife with exploits (regardless of how rigidly extraction is controlled).

3. Trading goods with the treasury.
Doing anything with the treasury has added complications, but I like the idea of trading with a guild pool of goods. Here's my take and edit to the above proposal.

Create a new entity called the Guild Warehouse (guild market/swap meet/guild goods trader/etc, just name ideas). Upon first level up of a new guild this warehouse is created (to avoid the possible exploit of making guilds, using this tool, destroying guild, add/rinse/repeat). This warehouse gets a predetermined, specific amount of all goods from all eras (be it 100 of each 1000, 100,000, etc).

Any guild member can trade with the warehouse at any time for 1:1 of goods of the same level. That said, the warehouse does not "make" any goods. If a member (or multiple members) all keep trading lumber for marble, eventually the warehouse will run out of marble (although the warehouse does keep the lumber and now has that much more to trade out). It will then stay empty of marble until some member trades marble in.

Some added possibilities: members can donate any goods into the warehouse to increase its contents; every time the guild levels up an additional amount of all goods is added to the warehouse (and is the only thing similar to "production" that exists); a time delay can be placed on accessing the warehouse (ie. must be a member of the guild for a week before being allowed to trade, some means of preventing guild-jumpers from reeking havoc); warehouse is a privilege and access must be granted by guild master.

In short, it isn't really much different than trading between guild members. The main difference is that one player doesn't need to wait around for another player to notice the trade and make it, it happens instantly on demand. Also, rather than constantly needing to monitor the trades to watch if someone is actively needing help, instead the help is already there and the higher players can less frequently glance at the warehouse to see if some rebalancing is needed. If there aren't players with the right goods at the right levels to rebalance, well that's the whole point. This isn't to make all goods available to all players at all times.

DeletedUser110195

Create a new entity called the Guild Warehouse (guild market/swap meet/guild goods trader/etc, just name ideas). Upon first level up of a new guild this warehouse is created (to avoid the possible exploit of making guilds, using this tool, destroying guild, add/rinse/repeat). This warehouse gets a predetermined, specific amount of all goods from all eras (be it 100 of each 1000, 100,000, etc).

Any guild member can trade with the warehouse at any time for 1:1 of goods of the same level.
I was actually having a similar thought in regard to how guild members might get needed goods from the treasury, but this is better.

If a member (or multiple members) all keep trading lumber for marble, eventually the warehouse will run out of marble (although the warehouse does keep the lumber and now has that much more to trade out). It will then stay empty of marble until some member trades marble in.
I would suggest allowing leaders or founders to trade from the treasury with this warehouse too, if the guild is short on one thing in the treasury for GE or GvG but stacked on something else, and the requisite amount of goods are in the warehouse, then they trade one thing for the other. This would kick the can down the road, so to speak. They'd have to get an influx of that lacking good and soon, or the warehouse will be out of it too.

DeletedUser96901

you need to trade goods with other real guilds

if you trade with a NPC warehouse 1:1 it can exploited very easy:
build rope / paper or any other good that has the smallest building of its era: trade to the other 4 goods

(be it 100 of each 1000, 100,000, etc).
Any guild member can trade with the warehouse at any time for 1:1 of goods of the same level. That said, the warehouse does not "make" any goods. If a member (or multiple members) all keep trading lumber for marble, eventually the warehouse will run out of marble (although the warehouse does keep the lumber and now has that much more to trade out). It will then stay empty of marble until some member trades marble in.
that makes still an easy exploit to get up to 100,000 (or whatever the limit will be) of the other 4 goods of each era

DeletedUser110195

build rope / paper or any other good that has the smallest building of its era: trade to the other 4 goods

that makes still an easy exploit to get up to 100,000 (or whatever the limit will be) of the other 4 goods of each era
Flooding the warehouse with paper does nothing to replenish it with tar/wire/porcelain/coffee under this, it has to have those things placed into it before they are available, just like the treasury. In essence, the warehouse being suggested here is a second treasury, but one that can't be abused as it isn't under any player's control, can only have as much removed from it as is put into it and allows for the guild as a whole to aid with construction projects, just like that 'borrowing from the treasury' thread was aiming for.

vikingraider

Emperor
I think goods are distributed in an ok way in the whole game world. If you really, really want certain goods, there are already ways to get them. Acquiring goods many ages in front for a GB is one of my game highlights because at my level it's tough.

DeletedUser111351

I would suggest allowing leaders or founders to trade from the treasury with this warehouse too, if the guild is short on one thing in the treasury for GE or GvG but stacked on something else, and the requisite amount of goods are in the warehouse, then they trade one thing for the other. This would kick the can down the road, so to speak. They'd have to get an influx of that lacking good and soon, or the warehouse will be out of it too.
Anything that evolves goods in the treasury is a slippery slope. It gives unintended access to GB that auto-donate goods. If the treasury is unbalanced and the warehouse has a surplus of what the treasury is missing, any player can trade into the warehouse and get that good out and donate it to the treasury. More likely trading between the two would be to rebalance the warehouse, using surplus from GB that donated, which is exactly the exploit we are trying to prevent by creating the warehouse in the first place (rather than just implementing this trade into the treasury).

Now it could be interesting though to create a new trade board where only leaders can interact. On this board is warehouse trades (or maybe this could even be done with treasuries). Inter-guild trades of this nature do cost FP. Unlike regular trade FP cost of one, this cost is variable depending on the size of the trade. The more goods being swapped, the more FP it costs to make the trade (presumably FP cost comes from donated FP, not directly from the leader doing the trade). Also, this FP cost is accessed to both guilds, not just the buyer.

Agreed that 100,000 is likely too high a limit. I just showed varied amounts to demonstrate that I hadn't done the math to determine a good balance point. Could/will the first person in a guild to gain access to an era likely unbalance this warehouse? Absolutely they will. It's to the glory of the most advanced. The point is to have no new influx of goods, so while someone can use it initially, the goods quickly run out. The only way to keep it going is for a guild to have multiple members swapping.
I think goods are distributed in an ok way in the whole game world. If you really, really want certain goods, there are already ways to get them. Acquiring goods many ages in front for a GB is one of my game highlights because at my level it's tough.
This warehouse would have no affect on such a thing. You can't trade different era goods here.