• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Guild Great Buildings

Should there be guild GBs which are shared and built together with all guild members?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser117526

Proposal:
To introduce GBs that belong only to the guild and they either give something to everyone on a daily basis, or they improve the strength of the guild in some way such as greater support pool.

Reason:
Currently only the guild level improves the guild, which is very one-dimensional, but if there could be guild GBs where the users choose which ones to improve it would make the whole guild dynamic more interesting, and add another dimension to working together as a guild

Details:
These GBs would sit in the guild, they wouldn't belong in anyone's city, and wouldn't need to be physically placed like current GBs need to be. They would be owned by the guild only and so if a user changes guilds they would no longer receive the benefit of that GB.

To construct the GB guildmates would need to contribute goods to that GB, which would require goods from low eras for low levels, and higher era goods the higher it becomes - so everyone in the guild can help build these. In later levels it would require lots of Promethium and Orichalcum which are currently obsolete on the whole and therefore giving use to these goods which are expensive to produce.

Some ideas currently for GBs:
GB1: A GB which gives something to everyone
At level 1 it gives a x% chance of collecting something random when collecting from the guild hall (can be FPs, goods, military unit, power points). That percentage goes up with each level.

GB 2: A GB which helps GvG defence
At level 1 it gives a x% chance of reducing one of the attacking units by y points.
Each level improves either the percentage or the number of hits.

These GB ideas are just thoughts, but they could be anything.

Balance:
Currently building up a guild is very one-dimensional. This would make building a guild more dynamic and interesting and something all guildmates could get involved in. Changes needed would be to have an extra tab in the guild menu with current GBs. Anyone could go in there and donate some of the required goods for that GB.

Abuse Prevention:
I do not foresee anyway this would be abused

Summary:
To add an extra dimension to building up guilds other than that of simply guild level, guild GBs would increase the interest all players towards their guilds. It would also provide a use for many goods that have become obsolete such as Promethium and Orichalcum which are only needed for the occasional tech research and negotiation.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so who would have the great building? or would everyone in a guild have to build it? what happens when you change guilds? what if you haven't got the space?

DeletedUser117526

ok, so who would have the great building? or would everyone in a guild have to build it? what happens when you change guilds? what if you haven't got the space?
I have edited my post to answer those questions. So these GBs would be just part of the guild, nobody would own it, and they would stay with the guild whoever comes in or leaves.

DeletedUser96901

the new feature will have guild buildings

I think that is enough

Agent327

Overlord
Details:
These GBs would sit in the guild, they wouldn't belong in anyone's city, and wouldn't need to be physically placed like current GBs need to be. They would be owned by the guild only and so if a user changes guilds they would no longer receive the benefit of that GB.

Where is it supposed to "sit"? If you have to built it you should see it.

To construct the GB guildmates would need to contribute goods to that GB, which would require goods from low eras for low levels, and higher era goods the higher it becomes - so everyone in the guild can help build these. In later levels it would require lots of Promethium and Orichalcum which are currently obsolete on the whole and therefore giving use to these goods which are expensive to produce.

So starting and small guilds will have a problem bringing it to a high level and the top guilds can do it with ease.

Promethium and orichalcum are not obsolete. How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

Shad23

Emperor
Promethium and orichalcum are not obsolete
am sure INNO will come up with somthing to do with the extra Promethium and orichalcum players might have eventualy , just have a look at treasury goods past FE for example they finaly found somthing to do with it

DeletedUser117526

Where is it supposed to "sit"? If you have to built it you should see it.

You don't see the guild level but you increase that level regardless. But if you like, there could be something visual like a guild centre where you have these buildings. This is just an idea at the moment.

So starting and small guilds will have a problem bringing it to a high level and the top guilds can do it with ease.

That is the nature of city building games. Top guilds have built up a resource base precisely so they can use that. I see no reason why this is a negative thing. It's a bit like saying new GBs will be built up quickly by the top players, and the new players will have a problem building it and levelling it.

Promethium and orichalcum are not obsolete. How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

Well I have 20k of each and I use none of it. So for me it is obsolete. It's only used for a short time when you get through the tech tree and all that effort to level up the crew then becomes unimportant.

Agent327

Overlord
That is the nature of city building games. Top guilds have built up a resource base precisely so they can use that. I see no reason why this is a negative thing. It's a bit like saying new GBs will be built up quickly by the top players, and the new players will have a problem building it and levelling it.

Why should it be a possitive thing? There already is a system that rewards this playstyle. Why does there have to be more?

Well I have 20k of each and I use none of it. So for me it is obsolete. It's only used for a short time when you get through the tech tree and all that effort to level up the crew then becomes unimportant.

Who is to blame for that? Why built up 20K of each when you know you do not need it? Who is forcing you?

DeletedUser113901

Currently there are mostly 1 (wo)man guilds and only about 50 guilds per server that have members. Lone players will have to choose between giving up the rewards or joining a bigger guild (guilds are supposed to be a social part of the game btw).
Once average guild size will increase, there will be more competition in GvG and the GBg project, wich will in return make sure that those features are interesting and you don't just see the same faces 24/7/365.
So about anything that can punish guilds for not having members will get a +1 from me.