• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Guild founders should get auto-admin rights on message threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilopertiso

Corporal
Proposal:
Automatically assign admin rights to guild founders on message threads that only include guild members, where members assigned founder rights are also present on the message thread.

Reason/Detail:
When someone in a guild creates a new "guild-wide" message thread, they are the sole thread admin, even when the thread includes guild leaders and founders. It means that if it's unnecessary or nonsense, noone else can "close" the thread unless they are specifically given the rights to do so.
We also have occasions when guild members create message threads that serve a particular purpose, but fail to assign anyone else as admin.

It'd be convenient if guild-wide message threads would automatically assign included guild founders (maybe leaders?) admin rights to that thread, to avoid the need to remind the creator to do so.

Whilst the ability for normal members to create guild-wide threads can be managed (i.e. disabled), we wouldn't want to necessarily take away that privilege just because of an oversight on rights assignment. Of the same thought, some message threads may just include a select group of members rather than all in the guild and this can't be managed by rights, but would still be useful that any included founders will have admin rights regardless (founders are, afterall, the highest ranking member in a guild).

joesoap

Major-General
+1
useful for updating guild messages when players join/leave the guild without having to ask the message creator to do it

DeletedUser9168

I support this idea - having had problems in the past in exactly this scenario
We also have occasions when guild members create message threads that serve a particular purpose, but fail to assign anyone else as admin.

+1

DeletedUser108379

There a message threads with consist only of guild members (perhaps not all) including a founder, which have nothing to do with the administration of the guild. In those "private" messages to give a founder administration rights would be just wrong.

And there may be the case of a guild message (including all members) were it would be just bad, if the founder had admin rights. That is the case if there is some problem that the guild has with the behaviour of the founder. If in such a case the founder could just delete the message, before everyone could have read it, it would be just wrong. There may be other, not so dramatic cases, were it would be equally wrong to give someone admin rights in a guild message.

Nilopertiso

Corporal

There a message threads with consist only of guild members (perhaps not all) including a founder, which have nothing to do with the administration of the guild. In those "private" messages to give a founder administration rights would be just wrong.

And there may be the case of a guild message (including all members) were it would be just bad, if the founder had admin rights. That is the case if there is some problem that the guild has with the behaviour of the founder. If in such a case the founder could just delete the message, before everyone could have read it, it would be just wrong. There may be other, not so dramatic cases, were it would be equally wrong to give someone admin rights in a guild message.

I think you have misunderstood my suggestion.

What I suggest is that;
a) When there is a guild-wide message created (which includes founders, as it does everyone), that those founders should auto have priviledges to manage in the same way they manage the guild
b) Message threads that aren't guild-wide but include founders should auto assign those founders rights too.

Regarding "b", my exact suggestion was: "Of the same thought, some message threads may just include a select group of members rather than all in the guild and this can't be managed by rights, but would still be useful that any included founders will have admin rights regardless" - emphasis on the "included", as of course I wouldn't suggest that private messages between members should always include founders too where they weren't included manually.. that'd be invasive and wrong.

DeletedUser110195

I think this would be too easy to circumvent. Just add some nobody who's not in your guild, problem solved, now you're the only mod of a thread you create. The only thread where guild higher ups should have admin rights is THE guild thread(and their own). If someone posts an obnoxious thread, guild admins can remove them, people can remove themselves from the thread. Plenty of ways already to not have to deal with a bad apple guildie.

DeletedUser9168

If the default was as proposed in the OP, in the exceptional circumstance when they didn't want the founder to either be included at all, or not to have admin rights, it is easy enough for another admin (presumably the creator of the thread) to remove those rights with a simple click. In our guild, two founders share the role of upkeeping threads - and from time to time one or the other forgets to grant the other one admin rights on the threads, which can be annoying (sorry F!)
the reasoning behind the proposal is not to make the founder(s) into a kind of "Big Brother", but just to simplify guild admin.
so still a definite +1 from me.

DeletedUser100065

It makes things easier for keeping threads organised. If your in a guild where you don't want the founders to have admin rights then the founders are probably sucky and you should just get a new guild without sucky founders. +1

DeletedUser108379

It makes things easier for keeping threads organised. If your in a guild where you don't want the founders to have admin rights then the founders are probably sucky and you should just get a new guild without sucky founders. +1

Even in a good guild there may be times when thinks are a bit difficult.
And in a good guild there is no problem to add someone - maybe the founder and guild leaders - to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.