• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum

Hello everyone!

Are there any plans on making the guild forum accessible on phone app?

I know that a lot of people don't use the guild forum but I find it a great asset to relay information such as tips for new players, posts that explain the basics; how to use swaps and why, GBs in the mud, guides for quests and GBs and similar information.

I have 2 guilds, one on A and one on O world and we get a lot of new players, most of them use phone app to play the game and don't have access to in game guild forum from which they could benefit since I have a good amount of info on there. And copy-pasting it every time requires making several messages to send complete info due to message length restriction which you can't precisely determine until you try.

Since the amount of users exclusive to mobile app is increasing (at least from which I can tell) enabling this feature on the phone app would probably greatly increase it's popularity.

+1 on this point.
We definitely need the guild forum accessible on Mobile and I would also include the chat. Cannot think why Inno would make the game so different for mobile users as fewer people are using PCs these days.

Also to hijack this post a little, mobile users also need something comparable to GvG to be able to improve their guilds standing in the game.

DeletedUser112745

Cannot think why Inno would make the game so different for mobile users
They didn’t. The mobile manufacturers did.

There are three problems:
  1. Many of the game features originally rely on Flash Player. Mobile devices do not support Flash Player.
  2. Mobile devices have extremely limited processing power compared to PCs. This means everything needs to be scaled down to a “lite” version, otherwise you’ll be suffering endless crashes, overheats and battery drains.
  3. File size bloating. GvG for example is a pretty large feature, one I’d imagine would bloat the app’s file size to an extent that updates would take a long time to download. And those on limited data/WiFi plans may be put off.

On the other hand, we have the HTML5 version of the game, which is continually being improved. So who knows what might happen with the app version in the future?
Then again, even if HTML5 mode does make it possible for some currently browser-only features to be available in the app, that doesn’t solve the hardware issues of the processors being extremely limited nor does it resolve the possibility of file size bloating.

I’d love the guild forum in particular to be available on the app version, it’s a very handy and important piece of kit for a well-organised guild. The question we should be asking is not “when will it be on mobile”, we should be trying to figure out how can we optimise these features for mobile.

DeletedUser112892

I agree with Scott, especially about GvG. If Inno ever plans to bring GvG to mobile, they should first make app moveable to SD card, as now it takes ridiculous amount of space on phone.