• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal Feedback

hawknz

Corporal
Please enter your feedback below in relation to the announcement, click here to see the full details. Thankyou.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
*grabs popcorn* Oh we trying this again.

At least now we've had time to get used to things and things have improved a lot since it all happened at once. Be interesting to see the people who still use the forums reactions.

Edit: Or no one could react, even more interesting!

Last edited:

vfrmark

Master Corporal
PLEASE PLEASE contact all founders of all guilds and tell them this - many do not use the forum and use the guild forum to store guild guides/records of players/advice on building cities/ advice on doing 64 in GE/ advice on lots and lots of things and while i understand the change I strongly think that to only advertise it here is very bad, the bigger guilds will have players using the forums here but there are hundreds of smaller guildsa using the guild Forums which do not even have log ons here.

Please Please send out a in game message once a week 4 weeks before the change and again for the 3 days before the change

vfrmark

Master Corporal
mods, from the PM i wrote just to the top 40 guilds in EN1 8 replied saying this was new, 10 replied saying they were aware that it was happeningn but not when and 6 just said thanks. so if 20% of guilds in the top 40 did not know think about what the knowledge would be for the top 200 guilds.
please please send out messages inmforming players about this as the risk they use lots of really useful docs is too great.

Some feed back would be useful please.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
*grabs popcorn* Oh we trying this again.

At least now we've had time to get used to things and things have improved a lot since it all happened at once. Be interesting to see the people who still use the forums reactions.

Edit: Or no one could react, even more interesting!
there will be 1 or 2 who still use it or will see it as life threatening, its had its day its not needed now
give us some of your popcorn ?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
there will be 1 or 2 who still use it or will see it as life threatening, its had its day its not needed now
give us some of your popcorn ?

Well yeah, I don't use it and my guess is people would have stopped using it when it was first announced to be removed, and the new features to the message centre does make it redundant now, its just weird to me cause last time they said they were removing it, it was pages and pages and pages of complaints, now this time its like a ghost town, with the only post being someone who both noticed and realised no one else was noticing.

My first thought was, looks like people have just accepted its removal, that it was an old feature :)

joesoap

Major-General
Well yeah, I don't use it and my guess is people would have stopped using it when it was first announced to be removed, and the new features to the message centre does make it redundant now, its just weird to me cause last time they said they were removing it, it was pages and pages and pages of complaints, now this time its like a ghost town, with the only post being someone who both noticed and realised no one else was noticing.

My first thought was, looks like people have just accepted its removal, that it was an old feature :)
Or maybe players have realised that regardless of their concerns or opinions inno are just going to do what they want so commenting is a waste of time

There's stuff in our Forum that goes back years. Obviously, it's not vital, but it's interesting history. Now there will be nowhere in the game to store this. TM, Ecotopia (Noarsil)
You can store it in an "important" thread in the message center.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Or maybe players have realised that regardless of their concerns or opinions inno are just going to do what they want so commenting is a waste of time

I mean, that is a very good point. Look at what it took to get the pvp tower's first version removed. I think it broke peoples steam. Many have quit who would put up the good fight before. As feedback dies down, so does the game with it. Which is rather unfortunate.

Groovy Prof

Corporal
Please enter your feedback below in relation to the announcement, click here to see the full details. Thankyou.
It's still not quite at forum level but as you say major improvements make it more feasible.
However would like to see an extra tab available for those members of guild with specific rights, to post guild relevant information that can remain ad infinitum. (have a max of say 6 posts?)
As people have pointed out there is historic information that would be lost. (i.e. we have an achievement list for those breaking the 100k, 1 mil and 10 mil that would be lost, and would be a great shame.)
As still using the current guild messages and 'important' threads to the max.
Plus otherwise whats the point of having message/forum rights?

.Org

Private
IMO opinion we need a "persistent" option so that stuff like guild guidance doesn't get zapped after a couple of months when it's not updated.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I am confused as to how exactly are we supposed to "move" the posts from the guild forum in to guild conversations ... I don't see any such actions available ... copy paste? seriously? you want me to copy paste thousands of posts of LoW Forum history one by one manually, without the ability to do so with a click of a button, and without the ability to preserve original posters name? all this time between their previous and current attempt and they didn't even think of such a option, and best part of it is that they actually have the "move to button" ... just the button doesn't give a option to move it to guild conversations, just in between the forums it self .... so now if i copy paste all that forum history, every single post will be by KronikPillow as if i was the original author of the posts, so I guess in the moved conversation history, it will look like KP has been talking to KP on the conversations ... bravo Inno, bravooo! goodbye 8 year old LoW history

Inno just keeps doing rubbish stuff doesn't it? I think it's time for a major rebellion on diamond spending

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Can I suggest you fix the message center first, the reason I say is most forum posts are lists or multi part and when you try to add this to the message center you get the "age old" error message of to many line breaks.

I have lost count of the number of times I have reported this, but to no avail.

Lets face it we all know the real reason why this is happening :(

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
all this time between their previous and current attempt and they didn't even think of such a option, and best part of it is that they actually have the "move to button" ... just the button doesn't give a option to move it to guild conversations, just in between the forums it self ....

Yeah they certainly never promised a loss-less experience. Just that there will be some guild messages that don't get deleted, so in theory you can put everything in message center instead. By hand. With totally different formatting, no hyperlinks, no colors, no bold and underline, etc -- but hey you can keep it in a message forever, buried on page 3-5 of your guild tab, where people will still ask "where's the list of..."

And yes, I spent 2 weeks last Fall when this first came up moving everything from our forum somewhere else and reorganizing it, so that by this time I'm done caring what happens. Do I like it? Not really, but neither do I like the complete imbalance in the game, so it's like, death by a thousand cuts? GBG and GvG are actually both broken now, one because of attrition cheats and bad league system, the other because of level 80 arcs and the 1000% attack boost released for the other feature - like a 75% defense HQ in GVG means anything to anyone - and none of it will fixed. PvP arena will be back and PvP towers gone again too, coming soon; after all, there has to be some way to hide the fact that people are still bot-farming the recurring Saab quest fights so it's not so easy to see the peeps in your hood who have 2500 fights on one of the 3 days when GBG camp cheats are not even available to them.

The game is really a shell of what it once was, it's more a time for sad reflection than more "feedback" as one gets the idea that Inno will double down on the direction they've decided to go, whatever the topic. All you have to do is look on the beta forum and see that Venus will include the same abused recurring fight quests that Saab had, to know that.

DeletedUser

" Not really, but neither do I like the complete imbalance in the game"

I could not agree more, the game has certainly changed

.Org

Private
May I please ask when the "persistent" option is planned to be implemented?

When guilds move their forum posts over will the leaders have to tie a knot into their hankies to remind them to mark those threads as persistent on 22nd?