• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Honestly I'm now wondering if its a surprise to Inno devs just how passionate people are with this game that they love :) The feedback for changes has been very active lately.

People working on it must love it, and people playing it love it too!

That and I bet its a surprise to see so many wanting the guild forum to stay by the sounds of it! :D

Manuel Laboria

postponing the removal of the guild forum isn't as good as cancelling its removal but its a welcome move, thank you

Indeed! We spent days migrating and updating the forum to become a standalone website (only option given that the message center is unusable for anything like the forum). Now we have a very beautiful new website and a half-complete and outdated in-game forum... seriously LOL....

joesoap

Major-General
Indeed! We spent days migrating and updating the forum to become a standalone website (only option given that the message center is unusable for anything like the forum). Now we have a very beautiful new website and a half-complete and outdated in-game forum... seriously LOL....
i would just have to live with losing my guild forum as i wouldnt have a clue where to even start doing something like that & given the way the game seems to be headed i'm not sure its worth the time or effort learning

Manuel Laboria

i would just have to live with losing my guild forum as i wouldnt have a clue where to even start doing something like that & given the way the game seems to be headed i'm not sure its worth the time or effort learning

I don't know either, but google sites is super-easy and we are having to do all the book keeping in google sheets anyway. Things like how much does it actually cost to unlock GE to level 4 for the current members, how much does our treasury make and lose every day, rather basic accounting that the game does not let you do directly without third-party tools...

I don't know either, but google sites is super-easy and we are having to do all the book keeping in google sheets anyway. Things like how much does it actually cost to unlock GE to level 4 for the current members, how much does our treasury make and lose every day, rather basic accounting that the game does not let you do directly without third-party tools...
Wow, you really keep account of things like that?

Galechade

Corporal
Maybe Inno is finally realizing FoE wasn't ready to be an app yet since so many aspects of the game cannot be played on mobile. Wait.... noooo..... they would never admit to that. Never mind, I was only dreaming. But i am getting tired of Inno punishing PC users instead of fixing the game for mobile players. PC players made this game. Without us it wouldn't even exist.

In all those years, naturally, they did not play on mobile exclusively. Surely once in a while, mobile players have access to a computer.
Same with the still more years to come...
Surely there are people who play exclusively on Mobile. It is called mobile for its mobility. It is easier to use a cellphone while walking than to use a computer or laptop. Some people only use one device to access the game, and sometimes that one device is a cellphone.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I know several other guild leaders on our server who have used google sheets for years as a companion to the game to track things like goods income, player ages, Arc levels in the guild, goods costs, standard game advice, and form letters for the 100th time someone asks what are best troops in X age, and what is a fair trade. Most guild leaders have a spreadsheet somewhere I'd be willing to bet. Because the game never provided leaders with any kind of overview of who and what they have in what ages. And the treasury log is not searchable to get a real sense of your goods income/expense, but again can be exported with 3rd party help. It's not something that has to be done every day, but you have to do it once to get a sense of it, and after that it's just a matter of changes or checking up on it from time to time.

This kind of stats info, and game advice, is what also was stored and updated in the guild forum: an easy place to share with others and have long-term storage, big lists and game guides longer than 20 lines, clickable URL's, and all the nice HTML formatting options we enjoy on this forum right now, but that don't exist in the message center. It's a strategy game - helps to be OCD and like data, but my question is how do you operate a guild without tracking and game advice? your team never has questions or new players? how do you plan anything if you don't know what you have for income, who in your guild can do what or has what or needs what, what you need as a group, and what you can afford to spend?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Surely there are people who play exclusively on Mobile. It is called mobile for its mobility. It is easier to use a cellphone while walking than to use a computer or laptop. Some people only use one device to access the game, and sometimes that one device is a cellphone.
Using the cellphone while walking? Sounds like more reason for cars to have to watch out for brainless speedbumps, while smashing that cellphone to bits. It is people who think they should be walking and using their phones that are the cause of so many problems today - bumping into people in the malls, walking in front of vehicles, at the dinner table, on a date ... no, do not make things easier for those who are foolish enough to exclusively use a mobile and at the same time ignoring the rest of society to their own detriment. (although it is quite hilarious watching someone concentrating on their cellphone walking into a signpost!)

Last edited:

Digifiend

Private
Thank you for your feedback everyone so far. Please see today's announcement

We will leave this feedback thread open however so do keep your suggestions for improvements coming please!
The link to that in game is wrong, and instead links to https://en17.forgeofempires.com/game/Guild Forum Removal postponed!, which opens a new instance of the game instead.

dimondus

Captain
how do you know how many people use it?
and its not so much as the number of players that use it compared to the number of guilds that do, this is just another silly stupid move that makes no sense & follows no logic
Its not about the number of players using it but its about of profit brought by players that are not using it. And I have a strong feeling mobile players just pay more.

dimondus

Captain
That is more an argument to make it available on the mobiles then removing it entirly. Prefer to fix it within the System Center instead like suggested
I have a suspicion that original developers/coders of FoE are long gone from Innogames and new recruited stuff just have no idea how to make it work