• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

Groovy Prof

Corporal
I've always played on pc as it offers far more usability, larger screen, easier to navigate....more fun
However I have used the app to log in once or twice when away from home.
Still able to tell new players to look at forum for advice tips and general knowledge of game.
The wealth of information on our forum would not fit on the chat, information that has been edited/updated with all the various changes to the game, from members past and present. The suggestion that this can then be copied and put into 1 message marked important shows very little understanding and a myopic view of the game and it's function.
chat2.jpg

Groovy Prof

Corporal
View attachment 21925
maybe not a lot people using this "forum" but you can't say it was not worthy of use..
i hope something like that can be added to the msg center in a different section of the guild (other than favourites hidden etc)
where guides such as event questlines can be posted by leaders, or even gvg guide like the above screen.
cheers
Cheers R21r have posted your ideas on our guild forum! (something you can't do on guild chat yet)

p.s. I hope someone involved with this idea can spot the reoccurring theme expressed by all and change the idea of abolishing the guild forum.

PomPoms

Sergeant
This is going to be a LOT of work to shift everything. And really we do need somewhere to put it all. So I second (or third) the motions to put an extra tab in the chat for 'Guild Forum', with no expiry date and the ability to edit information contained in these particular threads. However, if we don't get an answer for this really soon, (really, really soon) Inno will delete everything before I have the chance to shift them, or, I will shift them and have to turn around and shift them all again to a new tab. *sigh

Also, don't get rid of Guild Chat in the chat window - our Guild uses it all the time for GvG. Since both can only be accessed on PC anyway it is handier to use that than the message centre. The Neighbourhood chat has lovely acoustics to sing in - very echoey in there!

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Another solution is to save it all by moving it all to discord, I made google docs of guides and post then in a guides section on discord.

But like it does feel a bit stupid that we do have to come up with solutions to a feature... that already exists in the game and that is being removed, for some reason.

pipo69

Private
According the post, quote: "Besides that, please keep in mind that conversations in the Guild Tab are deleted after 60 days, so make sure to flag the topics you don't wanna lose as important! "

So first you ask us to move everything to prevent messages are deleted.
After that messages are deleted after 60 days if it is not flagged important.
So far soo good, usefull information although a little bit anyoing I'm happy that it is announced.

But when I try to flag it as important then that is not possible because you can only do that with 5 threads while there are many more threads in the guild forum ....

So how are we suppose to deal with that kopie the messagages every 60 days ??????

Not really what I would say can be considered as user friendly.

According the post, quote: "Besides that, please keep in mind that conversations in the Guild Tab are deleted after 60 days, so make sure to flag the topics you don't wanna lose as important! "

So first you ask us to move everything to prevent messages are deleted.
After that messages are deleted after 60 days if it is not flagged important.
So far soo good, usefull information although a little bit anyoing I'm happy that it is announced.

But when I try to flag it as important then that is not possible because you can only do that with 5 threads while there are many more threads in the guild forum ....

So how are we suppose to deal with that kopie the messagages every 60 days ??????

Not really what I would say can be considered as user friendly.
Yes, brilliant plan, right? You'll have to copy EVERYTHING from the guild forum and squeeze it into ONE thread (or max 5) in the message center and mark it as "important". And remember, you won't be able to edit anything in case you want to change guild rules, guidelines or whatever else you've copied from the guild forum.

Last edited:
Nah, if the thread is not marked as important, you can just "bump" it every 60th day by adding a new message.

After a while the thread with the copied and squeezed together messages from the guild forum will look something like this:

Message 001 from guild forum
Message 002 from guild forum
Message 003 from guild forum
Message 020 from guild forum
Message 050 from guild forum
-
Message 100 from guild forum
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
It's going to take a bit of scrolling through messages, of course, to find the specific message you're looking for.

Powe

Brigadier-General
What is stopping you to do the same thing now?

I have always had a back up of our guild forum, so the info would not get lost. I can still share that in the way you described.

I am not defending this, buut I am realistic about it. Majority of players plays opn the app. I am sur Inno has the activity numbers for the guild forums. I am sure that's having influence on the decission.

Thanks. Makes you wonder why this info was never publically shared by players who knew. Still could be a way for app players to participate in GvG.
It's been shared and many players know about it. Search "Puffin" in this forum for instance.
Makes you wonder why mods don't research before posting.

Kray Karen

Private
You are removing this useful and important feature because it cannot be accessed by mobile. Why remove it? Why not just make it accessable on mobile devices?

This seems far more sensible to make this valuable feature of the game accessible to all than to none

Galechade

Corporal
Here's an idea. How about giving the mobile players access to something us PC players always had instead of always forcing us PC players to change our game for mobile players? If Inno doesn't know how to do that, maybe they should hire some real gaming programmers. Oh but I forgot Inno's new business model is "If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, its perfect." My guild uses our forum and we have information dating back to 2013. We currently have 7 categories there with most having 2-5 sub-categories. Then within each sub categories are pages of information. With the limits on every message in the message center, how in the h*ll are we supposed to be able to move all this over?

Oh wait, here's another idea. How about Inno create a guild forum tab in the "new" message center, and Inno move all the guild forum information over automatically with the current format since this is their stupid idea?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Here's an idea. How about giving the mobile players access to something us PC players always had instead of always forcing us PC players to change our game for mobile players? If Inno doesn't know how to do that, maybe they should hire some real gaming programmers. Oh but I forgot Inno's new business model is "If it ain't broke, break it. If it is broke, its perfect." My guild uses our forum and we have information dating back to 2013. We currently have 7 categories there with most having 2-5 sub-categories. Then within each sub categories are pages of information. With the limits on every message in the message center, how in the h*ll are we supposed to be able to move all this over?

Oh wait, here's another idea. How about Inno create a guild forum tab in the "new" message center, and Inno move all the guild forum information over automatically with the current format since this is their stupid idea?

begs the question really, cause atm on PC we can mass collect with 5 diamonds, but mobiles can't?
And GVG of course, and the live chat.

Guess since mobile can't use any of that, it all should be removed according to inno's new logic if the guild forums are being removed since mobile users can't access it, lol

Emberguard

Legend
The only mod that hasn't forsaken us
But you defend Inno

I wish @Emberguard was a mod
Hey, I stayed here for 2 years :P

there is a browser for mobiles that lets you navigate on PC data.
once my pc was broken i used an old phone to login and collect, and i ended up playing GvG xD
Thanks. Makes you wonder why this info was never publically shared by players who knew. Still could be a way for app players to participate in GvG.
You mean the browser that stopped working (or if it hasn't then will very shortly) due to using Flash?

It's been shared and many players know about it. Search "Puffin" in this forum for instance.
Yeah that one

Groovy Prof

Corporal
begs the question really, cause atm on PC we can mass collect with 5 diamonds, but mobiles can't?
And GVG of course, and the live chat.

Guess since mobile can't use any of that, it all should be removed according to inno's new logic if the guild forums are being removed since mobile users can't access it, lol
Shhhhhhhhh don't say that they might take you up on it!
Stop giving them more silly ideas! You know they love them.