• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Oh the in game guild forum, lol I completely forgot that even existed. Surprised its lasted this long actually.

to be honest though this part:

" Besides that, please keep in mind that conversations in the Guild Tab are deleted after 60 days, so make sure to flag the topics you don't wanna lose as important! Guild Conversations marked as important will never have messages deleted. Upon removing the "important" flag overnight, all messages older than 60 days will be gone, even if marked as important again on the next day (if no message is left, we also delete the conversation). This does not apply to the Guild default conversation, as this topic will continue to exist even if all messages are deleted after 60 days. "

Did not realise this, interesting. So that must mean that the messages themselves all have a ticking timer unless its marked as important. and at any time could be entirely removed by un-marking it. Also as a way to delete conversations. Did not know this ;)

Oh the in game guild forum, lol I completely forgot that even existed. Surprised its lasted this long actually.

to be honest though this part:

" Besides that, please keep in mind that conversations in the Guild Tab are deleted after 60 days, so make sure to flag the topics you don't wanna lose as important! Guild Conversations marked as important will never have messages deleted. Upon removing the "important" flag overnight, all messages older than 60 days will be gone, even if marked as important again on the next day (if no message is left, we also delete the conversation). This does not apply to the Guild default conversation, as this topic will continue to exist even if all messages are deleted after 60 days. "

Did not realise this, interesting. So that must mean that the messages themselves all have a ticking timer unless its marked as important. and at any time could be entirely removed by un-marking it. Also as a way to delete conversations. Did not know this ;)
Extremely inactive guild if the guild conversations are not used for 60 days. If they are not used for 60 days, they are not needed.
Well, could be some "important" topics (locked for comments) with guild rules and such, of course. But why remove the important flag from those?

r21r

Major-General
1600120700579.png
maybe not a lot people using this "forum" but you can't say it was not worthy of use..
i hope something like that can be added to the msg center in a different section of the guild (other than favourites hidden etc)
where guides such as event questlines can be posted by leaders, or even gvg guide like the above screen.
cheers

how do you know how many people use it?
and its not so much as the number of players that use it compared to the number of guilds that do, this is just another silly stupid move that makes no sense & follows no logic
I've been in lots of guilds, big and small, playing on both pc and app and from my own experience the majority had abandoned it because more and more people are on the app so don't have access so it becomes pointless, happy to concede there are still some long time players out there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? barely anyone uses it from what I've seen since it's only available on pc
Removing it is not a solution. They say people don't use at as they play in app. They would have used it if they had access to it, so solution would be to make forum accessible trough app, removing is ridiculous. I know app might have certain limitations but forum can be modified and made app friendly.

Removing it is not a solution. They say people don't use at as they play in app. They would have used it if they had access to it, so solution would be to make forum accessible trough app, removing is ridiculous. I know app might have certain limitations but forum can be modified and made app friendly.
Just transfer some of the forum features to the message center

joesoap

Major-General
Just transfer some of the forum features to the message center
its possible to transfer some info that is currently stored in the guild forum to the message center but how on earth is it possible to transfer 7-8 years worth of a guilds history & info to the message center especially as its only possible to mark 5 messages as important otherwise they get deleted after 60 days

this just seems similar to removing the pvp towers, not every player uses every feature in the game but every feature does get used by some players so removing any of them for no sensible reason is just nonsense

its possible to transfer some info that is currently stored in the guild forum to the message center but how on earth is it possible to transfer 7-8 years worth of a guilds history & info to the message center especially as its only possible to mark 5 messages as important otherwise they get deleted after 60 days
Not what I meant. I mean, Inno should transfer some of the guild forum features to the message center, like the poll and the admin option to create new topics (tabs).
They shouldn't remove the old guild forum before it's possible to move all the forum messages to the message center in an easy way.

Last edited:

shareshark

Private
someone may have answered this already, but i will ask anyway.....what will happen if the guild forum was just left as it is, or just for reference only....
i may have missed the part where Inno said unless we remove it the game will stop to functioning!!!!
the long term players in FoE that had no choice other than to use it and put up with it for years, well it was only with these players support that the game is still running, show those players a bit of respect by leaving something that doesnt need any attention?
those on the mobile app that see the forum as old and dated, lets remove your contacts, messages and photos from your phones and see how it feels....

but we did when, we had no choice, it was the only option, so times have changed turned it from a forum to an archieve....doesnt mean it has to go? would you throw away photo albums because you dont look at them offen.....or contacts because you havent phoned them
I've scanned all my old paper photos (IRL) = copying data.
But I haven't thrown away all my old photo albums. They are "archieved".

Last edited: