• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

Knight of ICE

I wonder, will 'one of the coming updates' arrive, either before or after the 5th October deadline for the removal of the Guild Forum?

Can't tell you. The announcement will, but you are in the wrong feedback thread. This one isn't about the message center.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
it’s on a per post basis. Within each thread any post in that thread reaching 60 days gets deleted while the rest of the thread remains. Same as the previous system

Wait a minute, does that mean that in our non-important marked threads our posts will now get deleted once they get too old? Has it always been like that?

The forum posts sat there for years. If the message centre is so limited it confuses me even more that we'd get rid of the guild forum system, if people are using it let them. I like how in Discord a message you type is there basically forever, skype too. The guild forums too. yet we losing it in replace for a system that deletes everything

Emberguard

Legend
Wait a minute, does that mean that in our non-important marked threads our posts will now get deleted once they get too old? Has it always been like that?
As Klod states:
"Always" is a very long time. But yes, it was the same in the old message center.
Yes

For as long as I’ve been playing when looking back through threads whether they be guild or personal message I’ve always found the system only goes back the last 60 days. Anything older wasn’t there. In fact, in the old system if you completely ran out of PMs the system would even display text telling you messages older than 60 days are deleted. For a message center I think that’s fine. You don’t usually need older except for specific things such as rules or repeat info that stays the same. For forums it makes more sense to keep it, particularly if there’s a way to search posts

Lord Senator

Private
Can't tell you. The announcement will, but you are in the wrong feedback thread. This one isn't about the message center.
Though it is about the 'Guild Forum Removal' and given that there is nowhere else to put the material that Guild Founders and Guild Leaders have worked so hard at creating on their Guild Forums except for the 'Message Centre', then by implication, it is truly about that too!

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

Though it is about the 'Guild Forum Removal' and given that there is nowhere else to put the material that Guild Founders and Guild Leaders have worked so hard at creating on their Guild Forums except for the 'Message Centre', then by implication, it is truly about that too!

There is a seperate thread for feedback on the message center. Ideas there on the message center will be forwarded. Ideas here on the message center are off topic, so might not be forwarded.

So there is "somewhere else" to put the material.

There is a seperate thread for feedback on the message center. Ideas there on the message center will be forwarded. Ideas here on the message center are off topic, so might not be forwarded.

The two topics, Guild Forum Removal and Message Center Changes, are related.
As for this topic, Guild Forum Removal, Inno suggest, that we copy the messages in the Guild Forum to the Message Center.
So - feedback on the Message Center Changes in the Guild Forum Removal topic is not off topic and should be forwarded too.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

The two topics, Guild Forum Removal and Message Center Changes, are related.
As for this topic, Guild Forum Removal, Inno suggest, that we copy the messages in the Guild Forum to the Message Center.
So - feedback on the Message Center Changes in the Guild Forum Removal topic is not off topic and should be forwarded too.

Not saying they will not be forwarded. Just saying it is better to put them in the right feedback topic.

Derek.B1

Private
Guild Forum will be removed on October 5th, 2020. Read all about it here. Any feedback regarding this change should be left on this thread.
My Guilds use the Guild Forum to provide Help and advice to beginners and new members.
All beginners have a lot of FAQs this is where we posted our standard answers. This will now be totally lost.
Please when possible add a Guild Help and advice facility to be used only by guild moderators where topics will not be automatically deleted.
Please also allow considerably more than 5000 chars
Thank you

eeyore

Corporal

The forum posts sat there for years. If the message centre is so limited it confuses me even more that we'd get rid of the guild forum system, if people are using it let them. I like how in Discord a message you type is there basically forever, skype too. The guild forums too. yet we losing it in replace for a system that deletes everything
The forum was indeed a nice, standalone feature. And, definitely, messages in the normal guild message board will soon get forgotten about. Who was in charge of that brainwave to remove the forums for good? That person must have been incapable of seeing the wider picture. Terrible.

eeyore

Corporal

So there is "somewhere else" to put the material.
The message centre has different qualities to the forum but is nonetheless linked, as we are now FORCED to copy one to the other. WHY NOT simply ARCHIVE the forum, make them READ ONLY. At least knowledge does not get lost. Or shall guild leaders / founders compile an encyclopaedia to combine all guild knowledge so to pass it on to others? Me thinks that inno tries to prevent sharing of knowledge in a guild: Not good.

eeyore

Corporal
As Klod states:

Yes

For as long as I’ve been playing when looking back through threads whether they be guild or personal message I’ve always found the system only goes back the last 60 days. Anything older wasn’t there. In fact, in the old system if you completely ran out of PMs the system would even display text telling you messages older than 60 days are deleted. For a message center I think that’s fine. You don’t usually need older except for specific things such as rules or repeat info that stays the same. For forums it makes more sense to keep it, particularly if there’s a way to search posts
Oh, whaow, I did not even think of that. That is even worse than thought. Used to play "Elvenar" as well: That got stupid, forever changing and getting more difficult. At this rate, FoE will be next: And once good guild guidance disappears, then cohesion will worsen - maybe this is all designed by Domonic Cmumings to unsettle people?? Now there is a thought.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Oh, whaow, I did not even think of that. That is even worse than thought. Used to play "Elvenar" as well: That got stupid, forever changing and getting more difficult. At this rate, FoE will be next: And once good guild guidance disappears, then cohesion will worsen - maybe this is all designed by Domonic Cmumings to unsettle people?? Now there is a thought.
Careful saying too much. Never know with Trump - he may decide that FoE is another Chinese app and needs to be stopped. (and who really knows - with Trump, China and Germany might basically be the same thing - he only needs a Sharpie to change maps)

MarcelMerk

Private
Great idea: "archive" the forum: Make it "read only".

Not read only. Just keep it and make it available for all platforms. The layout of the message center is different and not usefull to handle the content which is on the forum. It feels like FoE maybe a ... and are afraid to admit is. The Forum is important but most likely people will start using alternatives outside of teh game like we already do for years ass FoE does not listen to their (paying) customers. As of the bad message center and chat and latency during GvG we all switched to Discord, C3 etc. Most likely people will move to a free Wordpress site and let the members connect there. But Foe could easily facilitate this as well for their customers

As of the bad message center and chat and latency during GvG we all switched to Discord, C3 etc.
All? That's a slightly exaggerated generalization.
I (for one) have never used any external "tools" to play FOE.
Well, not entirely true. I do use a calculator for GE contributions - and sometimes notepad (because the msg center (with the 3 lines you can see when you write a message) sucks if you want to write a longer message. So sometimes I write the long message in notepad and copy/paste it into the message center).

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
If anything is to be removed get rid of the local and guild chats attached to world chat (top right hand side of screen). Seeing as how they are never used!

The guild chat is used every day by everyone who does GvG and there is no other real-time communication in the game. the message center locks you out of everything, your city, other people's city, can't see BG map to quote sectors, or gvg map or anything else because the message center hogs everything. You can't even open messages while in GE (makes no sense why the standard menus are not on every game screen) but I can be anywhere in the game and still see the chat and talk to my team.

Using guild chat you can actually fight, play, read maps AND talk about it at the same time. It's probably the most important thing in the game, that chat window, which means it's next for removal followed by the gvg maps I guess since there will be no way to play them if you can't be on the map and coordinate with others at the same time. Also if it's not good for the app users, it must not be needed in the game! <SARCASM>

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
The game was introduced in 2012. September 2014 it became available for mobile players. Those players have never been able to access the guild forum. That now means close to 6 year of no way for them to see rules, guidelines, comms, or anything. In all those 6 years, what was your solution to that?

We copied stuff from the forum into messages to individual players. The PC users have always had to do the heavy lifting on keeping the guild organized and coordinating everything for all the people who don't have access to half the game because Innogames never bothered to put it on the app (guild forum, guild chat, gvg maps, even guild invites and guild permissions were not on it! -- no idea how anyone on a phone ever ran a guild unless it was just on open join and disorganized.)

Guild functions seem to be an afterthought for the developers. But pissing off the people who actually maintain the teams and the guilds in the game (6 years now for me) seems to be someone's idea of a good time.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Our entire guild forum has been moved to a google site. And like many others here, we have yet again turned to 3rd parties to solve our problems as functionality is missing entirely or gets eliminated from the game. if you don't want people using 3rd party apps, provide the tools we need in the game!

I'm not dumb enough to even try moving our forum to the message center, that's laughable. We had 5 different tabs within our forum with 5 or more topics in each, and within each topic multiple posts. That would never work in the message center even if the ability to edit messages is added, even if messages had unlimited length and were never deleted, it would still be a mess and never find anything with it all thrown into one pile in the guild tab along with all the other messages. It would be like taking a filing cabinet where every drawer had file folders sorted by topic and alphabetized, then just dumping it out on the floor and mixing it all together. good luck finding anything.

What we wonder is why couldn't text be handled on a phone and just give the phone players access to the guild forum too? Ever since the mobile app was released it's been a problem that there are in effect, 2 different games. You'd think that once in a while something might be added to mobile or to the game to improve functionality, instead of giving PC users the middle finger.