• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Forum Removal - Feedback

KronikPillow

Sergeant
wait a minute? threads in the guild tab that are not marked as important get deleted after 60 days? why? whats the logic in that? that means that my guilds swap threads and 1.9 thread are gonna be deleted if they are not marked as important? em .... KP confused ...

ok so ... in our guild Important are marked as GvG thread, GBG Chat, and GBG Targets
all other threads, including Trade, Mud,Trades, Swap threads, and so on are normal guild threads, and people can place in favorites what ever of them they wish ... so when people want quick access to GvG / GBG orders they can filter out the important ones with #important, while they can filter out the rest with #hidden and #favorites ... i taught that was the point of the hashtags .... in what sane logic are you deleting guild threads that are not marked as important? -.-

Powe

Brigadier-General
wait a minute? threads in the guild tab that are not marked as important get deleted after 60 days? why? whats the logic in that? that means that my guilds swap threads and 1.9 thread are gonna be deleted if they are not marked as important? em .... KP confused ...

ok so ... in our guild Important are marked as GvG thread, GBG Chat, and GBG Targets
all other threads, including Trade, Mud,Trades, Swap threads, and so on are normal guild threads, and people can place in favorites what ever of them they wish ... so when people want quick access to GvG / GBG orders they can filter out the important ones with #important, while they can filter out the rest with #hidden and #favorites ... i taught that was the point of the hashtags .... in what sane logic are you deleting guild threads that are not marked as important? -.-
They are only deleted if no one posts for 60 days

Knight of ICE

If there is no post in those threads in 60 days, you should not have them in the first place.

Lord Grok

Master Corporal
I really want to ignore this thread I don’t have any skin in this game but there are now conflicting reports that unless a thread is flagged as important:
1) any thread that isn’t used in 60 days will be deleted
2) any post over 60 days old will be deleted

Which is verified correct answer, or is it both?

it’s on a per post basis. Within each thread any post in that thread reaching 60 days gets deleted while the rest of the thread remains. Same as the previous system
I really want to ignore this thread I don’t have any skin in this game but there are now conflicting reports that unless a thread is flagged as important:
1) any thread that isn’t used in 60 days will be deleted
2) any post over 60 days old will be deleted

Which is verified correct answer, or is it both?
Only the posts in the thread get deleted after 60 days
But if there are no new posts in the thread in 60 days, the thread gets deleted too.
Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Lord Senator

Private
Not what I meant. I mean, Inno should transfer some of the guild forum features to the message center, like the poll and the admin option to create new topics (tabs).
They shouldn't remove the old guild forum before it's possible to move all the forum messages to the message center in an easy way.
This is a great idea, klods hans! Fitting it all in, is another issue entirely!

Lord Senator

Private
Not what I meant. I mean, Inno should transfer some of the guild forum features to the message center, like the poll and the admin option to create new topics (tabs).
They shouldn't remove the old guild forum before it's possible to move all the forum messages to the message center in an easy way.

I completely agree with the above member: 'klods hans'.
As a guild founder, the Guild Forum has proven to be of great use and it is very sad to see that it will be removed from the game. As I am currently in the process of transferring my information from the Guild Forum to the ‘Guild’ tab in the ‘Message Center’, in time for the early October deadline, I am finding quite a few limitations arising within the ‘Message Center’ itself that were not an issue at all in the Guild Forum.

• Can FoE please allow for longer posts, as not all of my information from my Guild Forum actually fits in the ‘Message Center’? This is also compounded by the fact that it not only doesn’t allow for so many characters to be created but also, one cannot have so many line breaks. In the Guild Forum, neither of these were an issue at all.
  • Can FoE somehow allow messages written by oneself to be edited, just like you could in the Guild Forum? I know, as a guild founder, guild information does change over time.
  • Within the ‘Message Center’, might there be a way to allow the user to choose the colour of the font that they want, just like you could do in the Guild Forum? I have found that the use of colour within the text has proven helpful for people with certain disabilities. With colour, the text is broken up somewhat, is thus less dense and helps the text to become more legible and accessible.
  • FoE: please provide more posts in the ‘Message Center’ which can be marked as ‘Important’, instead of the current five which, quite frankly, is simply not enough to prioritise only five posts from a hard-worked Guild Forum which has also taken a lot of time and care to develop well.
I just want to say that, as a guild founder, I have worked hard to make my Guild Forum well-written, presentable and relevant and it is a pity that I must limit my ideas to fit into an increasingly limiting platform.

Last edited:

eeyore

Corporal
I completely agree with the above member: 'klods hans'.
As a guild founder, the Guild Forum has proven to be of great use and it is very sad to see that it will be removed from the game. As I am currently in the process of transferring my information from the Guild Forum to the ‘Guild’ tab in the ‘Message Center’, in time for the early October deadline, I am finding quite a few limitations arising within the ‘Message Center’ itself that were not an issue at all in the Guild Forum.

• Can FoE please allow for longer posts, as not all of my information from my Guild Forum actually fits in the ‘Message Center’? This is also compounded by the fact that it not only doesn’t allow for so many characters to be created but also, one cannot have so many line breaks. In the Guild Forum, neither of these were an issue at all.
  • Can FoE somehow allow messages written by oneself to be edited, just like you could in the Guild Forum? I know, as a guild founder, guild information does change over time.
  • Within the ‘Message Center’, might there be a way to allow the user to choose the colour of the font that they want, just like you could do in the Guild Forum? I have found that the use of colour within the text has proven helpful for people with certain disabilities. With colour, the text is broken up somewhat, is thus less dense and helps the text to become more legible and accessible.
  • FoE: please provide more posts in the ‘Message Center’ which can be marked as ‘Important’, instead of the current five which, quite frankly, is simply not enough to prioritise only five posts from a hard-worked Guild Forum which has also taken a lot of time and care to develop well.
I just want to say that, as a guild founder, I have worked hard to make my Guild Forum well-written, presentable and relevant and it is a pity that I must limit my ideas to fit into an increasingly limiting platform.
This is something that I would second without hesitation. Have been playing since Nov 2012, with the game being a shadow of its former self; now presenting a myriad of "layers', yet removing a quintessential facility: "Chat" messges will be forgotten about quickly by a fleeting audience: The forum, however, allowed permanent, guild-speciifc, guidance to be issued by the founders, accessible to all.

Regards, Eeyore

eeyore

Corporal
Removing it is not a solution. They say people don't use at as they play in app. They would have used it if they had access to it, so solution would be to make forum accessible trough app, removing is ridiculous. I know app might have certain limitations but forum can be modified and made app friendly.
Indeed: If inno, raking in all the money from diamonds, would have bothered to properly develop the game, suitable for all users, they have taken the easy option to remove critical accessibility.

Lord Senator

Private
Removing it is not a solution. They say people don't use at as they play in app. They would have used it if they had access to it, so solution would be to make forum accessible trough app, removing is ridiculous. I know app might have certain limitations but forum can be modified and made app friendly.

Absolutely agree with 'thelegend88'

eeyore

Corporal
I have absolutely no facts to prove this, but I'm pretty sure that mobile players are more likely to spend money on the game than PC players. And yes, newer players probably spend more money on the game than veteran players.
Oh, yes, a very good point!

eeyore

Corporal
I've been in lots of guilds, big and small, playing on both pc and app and from my own experience the majority had abandoned it because more and more people are on the app so don't have access so it becomes pointless, happy to concede there are still some long time players out there ;)
Really? I started in November 2012, and the game was fine: Two worlds, two guilds (one founded directly), the guild forum works perfectly. Glad you "conceded": However, this seems an afterthought, essentially saying "who cares?".
Cheers

Really? I started in November 2012, and the game was fine: Two worlds, two guilds (one founded directly), the guild forum works perfectly. Glad you "conceded": However, this seems an afterthought, essentially saying "who cares?".
Cheers
It used to say "dinosaurs out there" but got modded :(

I see no use for it anymore but also don't see why it needs to be removed, like gvg it can sit there doing nothing with fewer and fewer people using it