• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Guild Forum, re-positioning it.

DeletedUser15629

Proposal.

I suggest that the Guild Forum has it's own visible button. There is a vacant space at present.

Reason.

Due the the semi hidden position at present of the Guild Forum button, it is hardly ever used by anyone. Everyone seems to prefer to send mass messages to all Guild members, concerning Guild business.
(When I played Grepolis the Alliance (Guild) Forum button was plainly visible and everyone used the Alliance Forum. Messages were only used to specific people for special info).

Details

It must be easier for the game to handle Forum posts, as they are only made once, for anyone to access when they want. Whereas mass Guild Messages must be sent to all Guild members by the game.

And before anyone says, we, as leaders, do try and encourage members to use the Guild Forum. But still not many do, (preferring to mass message).

Roobert de Cuestard, (deputy leader), The Seekers Guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

It only takes 2 clicks now, after it was given it's own button in the Guild Menu.
It can also be opened in it's own tab using a link. Either by opening a new tab and pasting, or for regular users it can be bookmarked.

To have it open in a seperate tab, without clicking the in-game buttons tab, you can use the following links:

DeletedUser15629

I appreciate your response. This, however doesn't answer the problem of folks not using it in it's present position. In Grepolis, where it was plainly visible, people used it. In FoE, where the Message button is visible, and the Forum button hidden, folks will continue using the messaging. Human nature!

DeletedUser7719

I don't think it's that hard to find now since it flashes every new post...

DeletedUser15629

True. But I didn't say that the Guild Forum button was hard to find, I said that folks wouldn't use it because it wasn't immediately visible, whereas the Message button is.
In other words, it's not as "user friendly" as it could be, whereas the Message button is.

DeletedUser15629

Another option is to exchange the positions of the Guild Forum button, and the Open Forum button. The Open Forum (button) is comparatively little used in the game. But the Guild Forum (button) would be used many times a day if it were plainly visible.

DeletedUser7719

True, but there should be some indicator (or something) of the open forum icon (wherever its new location will go) when there is an anouncement because we all know how useful this place is ;)

DeletedUser15629

Well I presume that the "people" icon would still light up if you'd subscribed to something in the Open Forum, (if the Open Forum button was where the Guild Forum button is now).