• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild forum flashes, then becomes unclickable

DeletedUser106918

• World: EN11 and EN12, probably happens on any world.
  • Browser and Version: Chrome/41.0.2272.101
  • Overview of the bug: When opening the guild forum, sometimes the window appears, then instantly disappears again, then appears again. Basically it flashes shortly before staying on the screen. However, after this process it becomes unclickable, so choosing threads or navigating is impossible, you can however still close it normally.
  • Screenshots: n/a
  • How often this occurs: Randomly, didn't notice any pattern yet.
  • Urgency: Not too urgent, but frustrating.
  • Preventative Actions: Idk. You can only close the unresponsive window and try again.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yup.
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum: Yup. Still happens as it pleases.

Link to a video of the failing guild forum. You can see attempts, #2 and #4 fail to open correctly.
Link to guild forum opening behind the diamond purchase window.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97349

Could you confirm you've cleared your browser's cached files and images, and this still occurs? Is it only in Chrome it occurs or Firefox/Waterfox (for eg) also? Thank you.

DeletedUser106918

Occurs after clearing the cache.
Also occurs in Firefox 31.0 and IE 9.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106918

Just noticed the following. Sometimes when clicking on the [+] button in the top right (to buy diamonds), the guild forum opens, then the diamond purchase window opens on top of it.

When this happens and I close the diamond purchase window, the guild forum closes too. However, every time I open it again afterwards, the same thing happens again. Also, when opening the guild window, it breaks too, as mentioned in the OP.
So I think that sometimes, when closing the "normal" guild forum window, it doesn't actually fully close, but remains somewhere in the background, so on the next attempt it will screw things up.

That weird interaction only happens with the guild forum and diamond purchase window, with no other window (army management, messages, inventory, market, ranking, guild profile, player profile, settings).

DeletedUser97349

Try as I might, I cannot reproduce this. Has it occurred since the update, or have you noticed any patterns to it? Could you try clearing your cookies also to rule that out?

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

DeletedUser106918

Still happens, cookies are cleared. Trying to make a video, but struggling to find a decent screen capture software, there doesn't seem to be anything that has decent quality, doesn't lag and is free sadly. :/

DeletedUser97349

Thanks very much for the videos, very helpful in trying to recreate the steps to replicate the issue. This just does not seem to occur for me either on live servers or test servers however.

DeletedUser97349

As we are still unable to reproduce this, I will have to mark it as 'cannot reproduce'. But thank you for bringing it to our attention, nonetheless.