• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Fixed: Guild Forum Error - Color Tag Not Working & all text in Guild Forum centred

DeletedUser1032

World: Arvahall
Browser and Version: Chrome, Maxthon

Overview of the bug: Color tag is not working. I select some text, pick a color from the color palette, save my changes. But instead of my text showing in different color, I see the color tag on both sides of my selection.

How often this occurs: Every time I try to do this.

Urgency: Not urgent, just annoying.

Preventative Actions: Fix it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6395

World: Fel Dranghyr
Browser Chrome

Having the same problem for the past few days.

DeletedUser19040

I've been trying to tell support that this is a problem since yesterday but they keep telling me it is a problem our end and that someone has "mishandled" the forum and we need make some "alternations within the guild forum".

It seems to have only affected the colour and quote codes as all other codes are working, underscore, bold etc.

The guild forums are a mess because of this bug since update yesterday.

World: Fel Dranghyr
Browser: Chrome

Looking forward now to a speedy fix.

tishy

DeletedUser

I'll set this to confirmed as I hear more players about this.

Yes, if a screenshot can be provided that would be helpful for the devs to find where the error is :)

DeletedUser19040

Hello Pendragon

Please find attached amended screenshot to prove the ingame guild forum bug.

Hope this helps and look forward to an early fix.

tishy

Guild forum bug proof.JPG

DeletedUser1081

It's not just colour - the button for creating links doesn't work either. It just leaves the code and the url, rather than a clickable link.

DeletedUser

Right, that does help indeed, thank you tishy!

And thank you mink :) I hadn't heard about other tags not working, but it's good to hear about that well: so it's not just isolated to colour coding.

Amy Steele

General
Not sure if this helps at all (and no doubt the devs will spot the connection straight away anyway) but the codes which are working are the the simple ones, that have no attributes/properties/whatever they are called - ,,. The codes that are not working are all those that need attributes specified - [COLOR] needs the colour code, needs the address and [QUOTE] needs the Author ID.

DeletedUser9168

it is not just new posts for which the format tags don't work, all our existing guild forum posts have reverted to plain text with the format tags written out and displayed - creating a chaotic reading layout. Do i need to create a support ticket, or is a remedy for this bug (which came directly after last wednesday's update) in hand?

I am reluctant to go through all our guild posts (which used colour and other formatting tools for clarity) deleting all the format tags if the issue is going to be fixed soon, as, presumably i will then have to put them all back in again. But, at the moment, guild members are complaining that the important information they need to read, is almost impossible to read in amongst all the displayed format tags.

Amy Steele

General
It's also not just the guild forum. I'm getting a slightly different problem when I try to use colour in these forums. Once I have selected one colour it is impossible to select another colour for a different word in the same post. jampots is getting similar problems, but not the same. See our posts in 'Count to 1 million!'

I'm using Chrome/29.0.1547.66

Last edited:

DeletedUser12633

Same issue in my guild.... Guild forum colours and other formatting example bold etc.. is no longer working and the code is showing instead. (Houndsmoor en8)

DeletedUser7223

I think FOE has enough info on the above to know that there is a problem .
What i (& the rest of us ) would like to know is , when is this going to be fixed ?
It should be made (a Quick Fix ) as most top guilds know that color is very important in their Guild Forums .

DeletedUser12400

What i (& the rest of us ) would like to know is , when is this going to be fixed ?
It should be made (a Quick Fix ) as most top guilds know that color is very important in their Guild Forums .

I agree with you, i don't think that this could be a hard to fix.

DeletedUser9168

hoo--ray!
the update today seems to have fixed the colour formatting for the forum.
but some brightspark has decided to make all forum text centred now - plays havoc with trying to create neat columns on the schedule.... challenges, challenges!

DeletedUser1081

hoo--ray!
the update today seems to have fixed the colour formatting for the forum.
but some brightspark has decided to make all forum text centred now - plays havoc with trying to create neat columns on the schedule.... challenges, challenges!

Some threads in the guild forum won't open at all now. 8[

DeletedUser

While the color coding has been fixed, a new issue has replaced it.

Any thread that uses the URL function cannot be accessed.. I confirmed it with myself after I failed to recreate the threads from the backup files and it would give errors each time until all of the [/url]s were removed.

Update: when I tried to recreate them with the [/url]s and received errors, the topics were created but as bugged ones.. I ended up spamming the forum.

DeletedUser1081

While the color coding has been fixed, a new issue has replaced it.
Any thread that uses the URL function cannot be accessed..

Thanks for identifying where the problem lies, but I don't understand your "update".
My guild needs access to threads that are now inaccessible, and yes they probably all include url codes.
I really REALLY hope they can fix this soon

Amy Steele

General
A little further information - trying to open any such thread with the guild forum in a separate browser tab gives the following error message...

'The website encountered an error while retrieving http://<world>.forgeofempires.com/game/forum?&forum[thread_id]=<thread number>. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Error code: 500'