• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Expedtions - Attempts/Paying to Negotiate

Prunesqualor

Private
I'm a newbie to guild expeditions. I've managed to clear level 1 by negotiating and am now tring to level.
The attempts counter says I currently have 8 attempts (it's said that for awhile now.)
However, when I try to negotiate FOE is asking me to pay with diamonds, There's no other option.
I've obviously misunderstood something as I thought if I had attempts left I wouldn't have to pay.
Please could someone explain what's going on.

Thanks

Emberguard

Legend
Every time you do a negotiation you consume goods from inventory. Even if you get the wrong answer, it consumes goods for every answer submitted

It is prudent to ensure you have the amount of goods per guess x 5 (of every good) prior to starting the negotiation. That just accounts for the worst case scenario where it might be all the same good required.

Example:
unknown.png

Left number (2) is the cost per guess. Right number (615) is amount in inventory.

So for this example prior to attempting to negotiate I'd want at least 10 Alabaster. (2x5 = 10)

I'm a newbie to guild expeditions. I've managed to clear level 1 by negotiating and am now tring to level.
If you happen to still be in Iron Age, I would try using 8 Spearmen to fight as much of Level 1 and Level 2 as possible. They won't be able to do all the fights, but they can do a decent amount early on.

If you're willing to do Manual fighting then using Archers in Iron Age can work out quite well too. There may be better strategies, but being ranged it can knock out some units before they reach you