• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser14704

Why release it unfinished?
Surely it cannot be that hard to implement the "peaceful" alternatives but yet again Inno seem to be pushing the "reward aggro" path as they lurch FoE away from the nice casual builder it was to more and more Grepolis-style play. :(
More effort should have been spent fixing the broken combat system. the AI plays so badly that there is no defence possible against the 1 unit plus 7 rogues attack.
Will also have to see what extra load this puts on the increasingly flaky Flash, we already are forced to use the "Aid" button as manual runs just overload the processor as flash leaks build up, and the GvG maps keep crashing for similar reasons.
Also agree with the concerns above about the added pressure on guild leaders, on some of the worlds I play this could prove very bad. It's also likely to put pressure on the more casual player as guilds expect them to put in the extra effort.
Without having seen it in action, I also wonder about the balance. What happens to the player who has just moved into a higher era? The troop technologies are often at the other end of the tech tree, and we've all been pushed into bizarre situations because of the endless events. On some worlds I'm now on maps 2 eras higher than my tech and city resources thanks to the dumb questlines that forced you to take two or three provinces to complete.

DeletedUser9614

If anybody knows...

Does the guild expedition affect the guild ranking?
Is the power that you win added daily or at the end of the expedition to the guild level?
Does the medal cost reset every cycle (6 days)?

joesoap

Major-General
Does the guild expedition affect the guild ranking? no
Is the power that you win added daily or at the end of the expedition to the guild level? the power is added on the day that the chests are opened
Does the medal cost reset every cycle (6 days)? medals arent used in guild expeditions

DeletedUser96901

Does the medal cost reset every cycle (6 days)?
medals arent used in guild expeditions
medals can be used in guild expedition for buying attempts

and yes the cost resets every cycle

DeletedUser98870

I see this as the End of GVG and personally I welcome it as no matter how hard some Guilds work they are still beaten by a bunch of cheating players which Inno will not address.
It cant arrive soon enough to bring Fun back into the Game!!

totally agree let the script users that inno do nothing about have the gvg map to twiddle there thumps having no one to fight, while guilds can still grow there lvl while having fun on the gvg maps farming the bullies moaning about the cost defending a sector.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106696

I just hope the live version will be better balanced than the last round on beta: There all three levels of difficulty gave very similar amounts of guild power, while the cost in both goods and troops raises sharply with each level. Somehow that just didn't feel right.

DeletedUser108179

Not sure what the fuss about the missing "Negotiating" feature is. I thought this is a fighting game. For trading there is the stock-market, currency exchange and whatever else ... some play this game but their towns look like they are participating in a beautification contest of Farmville in Facebook ... well I don't mind the negotiating feature to be there, but for sure not anything essential, not at all.

DeletedUser98870

Does the guild expedition affect the guild ranking? no

not 100% true it effects your guild lvl which adds to your prestige bonus that effects your guild rank. hopefully inno change the guild rank even more once gvg dies.

DeletedUser108179

I see this as the End of GVG and personally I welcome it as no matter how hard some Guilds work they are still beaten by a bunch of cheating players which Inno will not address.

totally agree let the script users that inno do nothing about have the gvg map to twiddle there thumps having no one to fight, while guilds can still grow there lvl while having fun on the gvg maps farming the bullies moaning about the cost defending a sector.

I can only agree here as well. Many tickets to Inno about those cheat players using bots and scripts from automated software especially for siegeing, re-siege, DA filling, re-takes and the like - all remained answered mostly with template text but the developers have done nothing about it. Not even when particularly naming those that were even mocking in Global chat that they use and no one can beat them for a siege. It's just sickening that the cheats can still continue.

Well, GvG will still continue, there are lots of points hunting "don't-know-better-what else-to-do-freaks" that spend most of their time releasing and retaking sectors. Would be equally so easy to stop that boring rubbish by disallowing a retake for same player/guild for 48 hours. Additionally, limiting the shield time to 6 hours, time enough to place DA's, but server load is leveraged from reset time to any times throughout the day.

Ok, back to topic - 'Expeditions' is a nice, funny and interesting addition.

DeletedUser11899

Without having seen it in action, I also wonder about the balance. What happens to the player who has just moved into a higher era? The troop technologies are often at the other end of the tech tree, and we've all been pushed into bizarre situations because of the endless events. On some worlds I'm now on maps 2 eras higher than my tech and city resources thanks to the dumb questlines that forced you to take two or three provinces to complete.

There are some chests on the way that will give you unattached units of your current era, so you'll be able to fight using them if you want (fortunatelly in GE you can use the combo 1+7 rogues, the AI behaviour is the same as GvG and PvP)
By the other hand, on the first level you face units of your previous era, 2nd level is a mix of both (previous and current era) and 3rd level fights are all against units of you current era

Stutz788

Private
Quick question ...
When can the next level be unlocked?

1. Anytime
2. When one guild member completes the previous level
3. When all guild members have completed the previous level

DeletedUser96901

Quick question ...
When can the next level be unlocked?

1. Anytime
2. When one guild member completes the previous level
3. When all guild members have completed the previous level
anytime

DeletedUser12153

Question Guild expeditions start on each tuesday but you release this on a wednesday does that mean we'll have to wait until the next tuesday to start or is it possible to start on wednesday?

DeletedUser11899

Question Guild expeditions start on each tuesday but you release this on a wednesday does that mean we'll have to wait until the next tuesday to start or is it possible to start on wednesday?

no, it only means that this time you will have one day less to finish all the encounters or as far as you can

DeletedUser103625

You know I thought the same too. GvG has stalled and the only way there is alot of fighting is if you break a pact :lol:

DeletedUser11899

...but only founders and leaders will be able to do it, so if you are not a leader or a founder and all leaders and founders of your guild are on holiday you'll have to wait for one of them to come back if you want to play levels II and III :D