• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions - New Rewards and Additions

DeletedUser99438

Overtype, i think the players here are asking you to actually say what it is you like rather than just type another bland congratulations to inno as your normally do. Snce most posts here are negative you really do need to justify your own post or it looks like your role as a mod and your role as a player are getting confused.

Why you are not posting thoughts from your guild surprises me, Why as a founder you are unconcerned about GE costs, Why as a senior player you post something which is the opposite to every other post but then do nothing to justify such post. Perhaps its time to give up the mod role and become a player again?

Because that is actually how he feels about it. He just enjoys GE as it is. He deserves an opinion just as much as anyone on here, without having to justify it.

There is however, a lot wrong with GE, in my view. I may post it one day soon!

DeletedUser110530

Please reduce the coin-awards as well as the BPs of GBs (most of them are junks)!!!!
The coin-awards are everywhere, it's stupid!!!

DeletedUser110131

Because that is actually how he feels about it. He just enjoys GE as it is. He deserves an opinion just as much as anyone on here, without having to justify it.

Interesting phrasing.

He "enjoys" it; that's how he "feels" about it. However, is a feeling the same as an "opinion"? I'd say not. An opinion is a reasoned conclusion.

This thread is for discussion and feedback. It's in the category "Announcement Discussions", and "discussion" is part of the threads name. This is a place for justified opinions, not for spontaneous utterances of joy. It's a place where we must express the reasons for our conclusions, since they will, by the very nature of being uttered here, be subject to discussion.

Not that we don't all have the unmitigated right both to unreasoned enjoyment and unjustified conclusions. Nobody is disputing anybody's right to have all the joy and irrationality a body can possibly hold without bursting. However, if the body in question wants to post its enjoyment in a discussion, then it must either justify it, or be labeled a spammer. Providing arguments for our conclusions is just how discussions work.

Now, of course, as long as he's comfortable with being labeled a spammer, there's nothing to stop him from skipping arguments, even in a discussion. The same goes for you. Neither of you can legitimately complain about the label, though; not even on each others behalf.

DeletedUser105608

Hey guys, been playing FoE for a few years, daily I must say! But with this new level and changes in Guild Expidition this part of the game is now a total waste of time and resources. First off the extra turns is not required or desired by most as you already have "5" days to complete the GE and it takes away from other rewards that were more useful. Some of the levels get completed without ever receiving any relics, never happened before until you introduced this new level. Negotiations have become more costly and one sided to the AI, quite obvious at times, but it may just be me and far less quaility awards than before. And to further that, what happened to the 100fp award? Have not seen that for quite some time now..

DeletedUser110131

And to further that, what happened to the 100fp award? Have not seen that for quite some time now

I miss that one. When it was 100 FPs, it was still frustrating to get it to bar, but nevertheless worth it. Since it was fairly rare, it was even a bit exciting and fun. Now, you get just a few, but more often. It breaks up gameplay, and forces you to spend time "disposing" of the FPs. Using FPs should be fun, not forced!

DeletedUser653

Just won the utterly useless 'Store Building' for finishing L4 GE. What a rip-off!
Its actually very useful and enables me to finally build event things and when no longer useful put in storage. Why store it and not just delete? Some event buildings need to be in your city and sold to get the next size one up, but they might be only useful for 6 months, so previously I had choice to build it but then get stuck with it for 12 months or not build it until the follow event in 12 months. I have used the store 3 time and have stored 2 confectionery and a great tree of love. It is useful if you think about it but as final prize it's debatable

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Its actually very useful...
I agree, and I've used quite a few to rearrange my city to suit my requirements. I'd rather have a store building than another decoration, premium or not.

I don't really have much of an issue with low grade rewards from GE. It's not that other players are gaining any advantage by it - it's the same for everyone. I only really fight GE for the guild points and battle points, but the occasional diamond reward is nice.

GE has already provided me with plenty of premium buildings over time, and my inventory is filling up with more that I can't use. I'd rather have a few coins or FPs than another premium culture building sitting gathering dust in my inventory.

My issue with GE is that level 4 fights are practically impossible unless you are one of those players with level 80 att/def GBs. As a pretty high level player with a lot of experience fighting (manual) I think it should be possible to fight to the end, even if it means losing 7 troops to do so. 250% att/def is too high for the vast majority of players in AF.

Last edited:

DeletedUser109738

Hi , i could talk a lot about how i understand this or that but i will be short . GE rewards and TOR relics rewards are useless , i finish all 3 stages every week and i got nothing worth every week and i mean it . everything i win is in the vault and i will never use cause it doesn't worth the space we use for it , the no 1 challenge in this game ? so please i just want to know , are you going to Adjust this or should i put the useless TOR GB away like the other useless GB's i put away ?? and how on earth do you consider ex turns or motivation kits as rewards ?

DeletedUser6065

Stor-Building is very useful for the Holiday Event. If you have the 'Get-Diabetes-Just-Looking-At-It' size Confectionery, 'stor' it, then sell a small Confectionery for a Large Confectionery at end of event. I did this, and it was great. (Repeat until you have 2 biggies.).
This will probably work during Halloween if you have a 'Jeez-Can-You-Believe-THAT-Plague!?!' size Graveyard. 'Stor' it, the upgrade a smaller one, or get another.

DeletedUser110131

Hi , i could talk a lot about how i understand this or that but i will be short . GE rewards and TOR relics rewards are useless , i finish all 3 stages every week and i got nothing worth every week and i mean it . everything i win is in the vault and i will never use cause it doesn't worth the space we use for it , the no 1 challenge in this game ? so please i just want to know , are you going to Adjust this or should i put the useless TOR GB away like the other useless GB's i put away ?? and how on earth do you consider ex turns or motivation kits as rewards ?

I doubt that there'll be any large adjustments. ToR was ridiculously good for a while, until the current set of relics was in place. The fairly useless ones are there to balance the building. They may keep fiddling a bit with it to get the balance exactly right, but, odds are, it's already very close to where they want it. You should assume that they won't adjust it noticeably.

If you play the GE just for the relics and rewards, you may be better off quitting GE and deleting ToR. It'll save you a lot of time, as well as some space. I personally think the rewards and relics are worth it, but then I do all four levels (rather than "all three"), and I don't think battle is a chore.

What's for sure is that, if you're doing the GE anyway, ToR is a brilliant building. Most rewards and relics range from nearly worthless to useful in some scenarios, but it's these that make the great ones possible. If you're having bad luck, and are currently drowning in completely useless and barely useful relics and rewards, it may be a small comfort that even bad luck doesn't last. However, wading through coins, supplies, extra attempts, pointless buildings, and more, is the price you pay for the chance to win up to 100 FPs. Meanwhile, some of the lower rewards do add up, and others may have future uses.

There's no doubt that my ToR will be staying up. I'd say that, depending on my luck at the time, anywhere between a tenth and half of my FPs come from GE and ToR. A one hundred FP relic, plus some twenty FP relics, plus some luck in the lower level rewards, plus the level IV rewards, that adds up. It did for me, last week. That's still just a bonus, though; the main prize of the GE is advancing the guild.

DeletedUser109738

I doubt that there'll be any large adjustments. ToR was ridiculously good for a while, until the current set of relics was in place. The fairly useless ones are there to balance the building. They may keep fiddling a bit with it to get the balance exactly right, but, odds are, it's already very close to where they want it. You should assume that they won't adjust it noticeably.

If you play the GE just for the relics and rewards, you may be better off quitting GE and deleting ToR. It'll save you a lot of time, as well as some space. I personally think the rewards and relics are worth it, but then I do all four levels (rather than "all three"), and I don't think battle is a chore.

What's for sure is that, if you're doing the GE anyway, ToR is a brilliant building. Most rewards and relics range from nearly worthless to useful in some scenarios, but it's these that make the great ones possible. If you're having bad luck, and are currently drowning in completely useless and barely useful relics and rewards, it may be a small comfort that even bad luck doesn't last. However, wading through coins, supplies, extra attempts, pointless buildings, and more, is the price you pay for the chance to win up to 100 FPs. Meanwhile, some of the lower rewards do add up, and others may have future uses.

There's no doubt that my ToR will be staying up. I'd say that, depending on my luck at the time, anywhere between a tenth and half of my FPs come from GE and ToR. A one hundred FP relic, plus some twenty FP relics, plus some luck in the lower level rewards, plus the level IV rewards, that adds up. It did for me, last week. That's still just a bonus, though; the main prize of the GE is advancing the guild.
thank you very much , this is really very nice answer . thanks .

DeletedUser109966

I think my ToR is broken....

WANTED... a ToR mechanic to fix the bloody thing and make it work...

DeletedUser110131

I think my ToR is broken....
There's a lot of that going around.

In my opinion, it's partly that when people are having bad luck, good luck starts to feel like an aberration; it feels like something shifted, and won't shift back. I know, because I was starting to feel like that, until I got the 100 FP relic, and then the 20 FP relic several times, with great luck in the rewards on top of that. I'll be living off that streak for a while, and hopefully find some more luck before it wears off. Then there are people who simply expect too much; they don't properly appreciate, or even notice, when the luck is good, but notice it very well when the luck is bad, and think of it as a flaw or a bug, rather than a game feature. Whichever type you are, I wish you a GE like mine; it will restore your faith.

As for ToR mechanics, I think what you're looking for is a Mayan high priest, though an Aztec one may also do. Unfortunately, they're hard to find, these days. If I come across one, I'll send him your way.

There's a lot of that going around.

As for ToR mechanics, I think what you're looking for is a Mayan high priest, though an Aztec one may also do. Unfortunately, they're hard to find, these days. If I come across one, I'll send him your way.

LOL - Smoke & Incense might help too --- We can try a Voodoo Doll ToR with a few pins stuck in it also. Now if only we could find a Voodoo High Priestess

DeletedUser653

In my guild the TOR is generally a good building as we make all players do L2 and and get over 50% doing L4. We see GE as a massive boost to the leveling up of the guild and GE prizes are the secondary thing we get.

DeletedUser110175

Please add Observatory blueprints to GE rewards....my guild always have goods shortage inspite of having 80 members all the time, and GE L3 rarely gets unlocked...Observatory produces goods for the guild...those goods are used to unlock GE levels....so it makes sense to add Observatory BPs to GE...I play GE a lot and have tons of ToR BPs, but never get Observatory BPs (at least not in the first 2 GE levels, considering it is such a basic building).

Store Kits - They can be useful to give new looks to your city every now and then (the other option being delete buildings!), but when Store Kits themselves are such rare items, using them is always a dilemma!

Motivation Kits - Polishing Kits will likely be more of a useful item IMO...on Global chat, there are always people asking for a polish....Polishing Kits will be useful here as long as they are common enough (5-7 a week at least from GE)...also useful in events, "make people enthusiastic" (if they are not)..

GE Attempts - They are good...helps you progress more through GE level in one sit down..

Residential, Production Buildings - Never understood why they have these in GE....whats the point of giving something as a prize that can be built from the general building menu...gathering supplies/coins for them is one of the basic early challenges for beginners....such prizes only clutter up the inventory for the rest..

Getting repeat prizes - ..is very frustrating, I recently got 3-4 tribal squares in a row....also lotz of ancient faces, sun gates...just saying..

DeletedUser110131

@ams724
I'm afraid Inno is extremely unlikely to help you out on any of those things, for a lot of reasons. There will be reasons I'm not aware of, but below are some of the ones I do know.

In order to keep the game from being too easy, with constantly overflowing FP bars, and inventories stuffed with fantastic buildings that will rescue any situation, some prizes must be bad. In addition, it gives some of the excitement of a game of chance. Most prizes have some use, in some situations, though.

Observatory blueprints aren't given as prizes in the higher levels, either. They're supposed to be rare, and always have been. They're used as prizes in events, and they're used to encourage cooperation within guilds, as members have to help each other get the blueprints.

GE costs increase with the number of members. The rates can be found here. Having more members won't help; having inactive members, or members who don't contribute, will actually hurt. It will also hurt your placement in the GE competition, as that is purely based on the percentage of encounters solved, divided by the number of members at the start of the expedition. Their era doesn't matter.

The prizes you mention:

Regular buildings are just marginally useful, but they can be used for quests; increases in happiness or population, production of certain goods, etc.. In addition, they can can help you get up buildings you don't have the technology for, yet, and they can be sold for gold and supplies.

Store Kits are very useful, to avoid deleting rare special buildings, especially event buildings. If you don't have a Renovation Kit, an outdated building can be stored, until it can be upgraded. If it produces something you currently have plenty of, it can be stored for later use. This shouldn't be too easy, though, because it's a strategy game, and city development is supposed to be difficult. If store kits were common enough to be used for "new looks", they would be much too common.

Motivation Kits can be useful in a pinch. That's not the main reason that they're there, though. Motivation can be bought with Diamonds; the kits are a sample, to increase Diamond sales. However, if they were too common, they'd instead hurt the Diamond sales. They also help demonstrate the usefulness of a large Friends List, to new players.

GE attempts can be useful, especially to players who negotiate the GE. To fighters, they're usually worthless. As I understand it, I'm a fairly fast fighter, using two to three minutes on level I, and seven to nine minutes on level IV. Eight attempts will last me sixteen to seventy two minutes, plus the time to handle troop replacement, plus the time to use prizes, plus various other distractions. That's enough battle in one sitting. For me, and many others, they're mainly just filler prizes.

Too common prizes are like regular buildings, in that they can be useful for quests. In addition, some of them are useful in small numbers, and the fact that they're common means that you can simply replace the old ones, when you advance an era. It saves Renovation Kits.

Generally:

The less valuable prizes, including the ones that are completely useless to you, are what makes the really good prizes, especially the really good Relics, possible. The 100 FP Relic would completely upset the balance of the game, if there weren't useless prices to counterbalance it. Without the fillers, the prizes would all have to be pretty boring.

The Relics have the same probabilities and value throughout the expedition, while the Rewards get better in the higher levels, especially at level IV.

DeletedUser109475

A guild of 80 shouldn't have issues with the goods with (possibly), the exception of some high era stuff. I don't know the guild or the contributions status but it sounds like a minority donate beyond their GB donations while the majority sit back and give little or nothing. It's not difficult to check who is, or isn't donating goods, anyone within a guild has the ability to check the donation history. Perhaps the guild makeup is one where racing through the eras with little thought to accumulating the required goods plus some spare is an issue?
My gamestyle is such that I have GB's that provide goods with every collection and I collect over 100 per day just through those quite readily, that includes the goods I don't have the boost for and in turn reduces the need for supply buildings, goods buildings, population and cultural. Dispense with all the buildings needed for those and that's a lot of space saved I can use more productively, whilst giving me a surplus of goods to trade with and donate to treasury. Another benefit is the lower numbers of buildings I do have are always fully aided, I don't have cultural and decorations sucking up aid. Neither of my two main worlds has a single decoration or cultural building and I have three times the enthusiasm needed for the population through a couple of GB's.

Obs aren't exactly a rare building and in my experience on three worlds are generally taken to perhaps level 4 or 5. On my two main worlds there are 300 or so spread across guild, friends and neighbours, if I couldn't get a set of BP's from that selection then I'd give up playing quite frankly.

While I understand your comment about residential & production buildings they are useful when having just moved up an era and nit having that item researched in the tech tree, it's an early gift, duplicates aren't an issue for me, they are always handy for quests and events, eg, build three residential, just build, delete, take the prize and move on.