• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions - 4th Difficulty

joesoap

Major-General
the attempt bar holds 8 attempts but its possible to get more, hovering over the bar will tell you how many attempts are really there, as part of the announcement it also said.....Expedition attempts - will let you continue the current Expedition. If you happen to finish an Expedition with more than eight of them, they will be available to you at the beginning of the next Expedition.

DeletedUser653

1 had 10 attempts, i use 1 and win 4 more and only have 10 thus there is a max of 10 even if you win more attempts

joesoap

Major-General
i have seen times in beta where i had 13/14 so unless its different here...or it could be a bug

Last edited:

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
FoE has some brilliant business people working for them because level 4 is just a clever way to extract real money from players. FoE makes battling impossible by giving themselves a outrageously high attack & defense bonus which is a clever way to get players to negotiate and buy diamonds.

Could not agree more, it's getting more and more about taking the fun out of the game .. at this rate I can see many leaving the game, I am already thinking about it as it's getting too diamond (money) focused

DeletedUser109190

I'm neutral about 4th level, I will not be doing it so it will have no impact on me. However i had not realised that the structure of rewards in level 1 to 3 was going to be so badly changed. Dropping fp's directly on to the bar instead of fp packs, good way to make the game about accounting. A game should be fun and a little carefree not about remembering to draw down account x so that rebate y will not trigger tax z. I do not think that I ever won a SoK but it was a target and a reason to keep going back to the GE and trying my best, now we are offered a clunky big building that is not as good that i'll never find the space for because i'd rather use the space for the SoK that I'll get from other sources.
The old GE was a little divisive with more than a few arguments raging across my guild and becoming the number one reason for people leaving or getting kicked, now you have reduced the prizes (personal quirk, i count the 'have another go compass' as a loss, you have eleven on your bar and switch to city view to send the treasure hunt on from the 5 minuet mission, pop back to GE and they are gone :/. G thanks compass =0) and increased the cost to the guild making the arguments all the more vicious. Thanks inno, you have made the game more like RL, just the thing I used to come here to get a brake from.

Just written this and went to play some FoE to cheer myself up, 1st thing i did was the next encounter in the GE. I lost a RFC and got other units damaged but that's cool, these things happen. What's my prize (rubs hands with anticipation) 4 more goes :(. Wait! Yippee, I got a silver idol from that go, hee hee it all works out, i will get something after all. What was in it? 20 fp straight on to my bar :(. This requires me to leave GE to spend the fp's so I can continue to accrue more, quickly done and on my return 30 seconds later three of those four extra goes that I was so exited about winning have been taxed by inno. recon they must agree with me, they are worth nothing so you can not complain if we take them from you with no compensation. In any other arena this would be called theft. Is this really the way you want me to think about your company? I have had a good view of inno for several years but now i tell my friends that you are thieves, way to win employee of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109096

In any other arena this would be called theft. Is this really the way you want me to think about your company? I have had a good view of inno for several years but now i tell my friends that you are thieves, way to win employee of the month.
Thanks for your sarcastic humor dude:lol: Good luck;)

DeletedUser11899

As many others said for me the problem of this 4 level is just the goods cost taken from guild treasury, it should be taken from players stock who decide to play it.

Its really hard, on my main, my boost is 148%-96% and I'm trying the 57 encounter but I have no complaints about this point. If today I'm unable to keep fighting -I never negotiate bcos I dont like it, ;)- I'm pretty sure later or sooner I will.
This 4 level is supossed to be hard and challenging, isnt it?

And I also would change the points won by fighting
Its completely different to win a two-wave fight with 250% than winning two fights in a row against the same units with 0%, 50% or 75% and using the auto button (see GvG)
Do both fights have the same difficulty? are you spending the same time on both? nope, so the points won in both scenarios should be also different.

Reward players for their skills not just for having speedy fingers

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback on things so far. Glad to see many of you are enjoying the extra challenge, but wanted to let you know we have (and will continue to) fed back that the costs of GE 4th difficulty outweigh the rewards.

Richard

DeletedUser103845

FoE has some brilliant business people working for them because level 4 is just a clever way to extract real money from players. FoE makes battling impossible by giving themselves a outrageously high attack & defense bonus which is a clever way to get players to negotiate and buy diamonds.

This is exactly what I have reported to my guild, this 4th difficulty is designed to make players spend diamonds trying to complete it, especially for anyone above Contemporary Era. Those in my guild in CA and below with maximum attack boost GB's (all 3 GB at level 10 or more) are just able to do level 4, and those in CE can also do it because anti-air troop retaliates, but the TE, FE and AF levels have SUCH high defense boosts, it is impossible to do level 4 by fighting.

The scale of the defense boost increases INCREDIBLY from age to age in the GE, but the same GB's and attack boosts are available to all! Players are forced to do negotiating in level 4 if they are above TE. And the negotiation game is costly and you're going to want those extra chances with diamonds or you have to start all over, right?

What I want to know is why especially FE/Arctic players are being penalized going up against 200% and 250% attack and defense troops when the max available in the game is about half that - unless you fill your city with 30 strike teams!? I have 131%/93% while attacking and can get another 30% from the tavern boost, and there was no way to beat 200%/200% boosted enemies in 2 waves! Talk about unbalanced, is that what you're trying to encourage, we rip up all our other buildings and fill our cities with just barracks for boost?

I would be better off if I had stayed in Contemporary and never gone up in eras, at least the enemy defense boosts would be reasonable and I could win with the attack boosts available in the game. Is that the lesson you wanted to give, don't go up to higher ages because you will make it impossible to play them? Level 4 feels like a giant middle finger to all the players who stuck with the game, played for 2 or 3 years, unlocked all the ages and finished the tech tree, have all their GB's up over level 10 and built up the ability to fight - because we want to play the game! - and then guess what, Innogames release something that is impossible for us to do by normal game playing and essentially MUST be bought with diamonds if you want to do it. Really? This is the kind of thing people leave games over.

And to add injury to the insult of my Arctic city and all the GB's I've worked to build up over 2+ years aren't good enough to participate in level 4, the prizes were in no way equal to the goods our guild spent opening it, or the personal goods, promethium and diamonds that were spent trying it out. We won't be doing level 4 again, unless and until it's rebalanced.

DeletedUser108278

What I want to know is why especially FE/Arctic players are being penalized going up against 200% and 250% attack and defense troops when the max available in the game is about half that - unless you fill your city with 30 strike teams!?...
Talk about unbalanced, is that what you're trying to encourage, we rip up all our other buildings and fill our cities with just barracks for boost?
+1

To be honest, thanks to Hover Tanks & roughs, a managed to clear most pre-temple defenses in the first 3 paths despite I have only 132%/66% /with the 30% Tavern boost/. But I had to negotiate the 3 Temples and 2 other fights against more than 2 Plasma Artilery in a wave. In fact I couldn't win any fight with AF units - first temple 150% boost, second 200%, third 250%...
I'm facing the last path against 190% boosts & the last Temple* but I won't negotiate them /nm I see a chance of 50 diamonds reward in the way & a dimond building for overall/

I'm not a "parasite" player /I never plunder/ so I produce 4/5 AF goods but it's really not worth it to waste them...
I also won't do level 4 again, unless and until it's rebalanced.

DeletedUser110504

I have been reading the posts with interest as I am a bit disappointed too. Having played the game for around 7 months, I have learned to fight (in my hood, in GE and for my guild), build up my GB's and pollivate everyone i can. I have enjoyed my time here and the friends I have made along the way and learned that sometimes you cannot have your cake and eat it.

The real disappointment of level 4 is that many will not bother with it again. The cost of unlocking it, the massive loss of troops to complete it, the poor rewards for your losses, the costs of negotiating or the extra goes (who's idea was that!); it does just feel like Inno are finding ways to get people to 'buy' into the game more.

The chance was there to make GE better, to test ourselves further, to improve our fighting ability, the kudos of getting through it to the end. What we have is now an unbalanced event and if you are going to continue with it, you may want to give level up prizes for defence GB's as a jade prize...

DeletedUser99363

i think its fine, i am positive on the diamond thing so not costing me any actually increasing my totals, all is good

DeletedUser108278

no need for diamonds to complete level 4. Negotiations and silver for extra turns will get you there.

At the end I decided to finish lvl 4 by negotiating all in the last path & Temple.
Got the Sacred Sky Watch but wasn't lucky for the 50 diamonds /6k medals instead/.

Overall I wasted hundreds guild & own resourses for 200k+ Contribution points /=1k+ guild power/, some diamonds back and the new building...

So I stick to Ariana's opinion:
And to add injury to the insult of my Arctic city and all the GB's I've worked to build up over 2+ years aren't good enough to participate in level 4, the prizes were in no way equal to the goods our guild spent opening it, or the personal goods, promethium and diamonds that were spent trying it out. We won't be doing level 4 again, unless and until it's rebalanced.

P.S. Sorry for my poor childish english. I hope it's understandable.
I learned it like a kid in US but didn't use it for decades.

DeletedUser110521

Re the new Level 4 of the Guild Expedition, overall I thinks it's a great idea.

BUT, it's either a "Bonus" level, or it's not. At the moment it's a bonus level in name only with respect to progress thru Level 4 contributing to the overall Guild Contribution percentage. Personally I strongly (very strongly) believe that it should not.

Sure, gain the personal rewards and even Guild Crowns etc out of it to improve the Guild's ranking each week. But by having Level 4 incorporated into the overall guild completion percentage you are effectively making a "bonus" level compulsory if the Guild wants to win 1st, 2nd or 3rd place trophies and the accompanying benefits.

This is also going to have the immediate effect of increasing the gap between the serious "I-have-no-life-outside-of-FoE" powerful guilds and the guilds playing for fun. A follow on could be how can these lower ranked, but still significant, guilds compete in things like GvG etc. This will further increase the disparity between the top guilds and the rest, who may as well just give up then.

Please, I implore you to change Level 4 so that this "bonus" level does not contribute to the Guild's overall Percentage Completion Rate. Make it a true "bonus" level.

Vesiger

Monarch
I think the idea is that it ought to benefit the Guild as the Guild is paying for it... otherwise on the whole I agree.

DeletedUser109026

4th difficulty is a great addition to the game.
BUT: 2 or 4th additional attempts are a burden and not an award .... there is time enough during the week to finish GE. Please remove those additional attempts.

DeletedUser109966

Our guild hasn't unlocked GE4 since the first week... there really is no rewards that makes it worth the cost to us... I really feel INNO missed a trick here when they revamped it... it could have been full of unique rewards that would make us bust our treasuries to try and get.... huge FP prizes akin to the 100fp relic (not 2fp), buildings that add defence when you attack, unique troops, etc... basically they were limited only by their imagination... maybe that was all a bit too much work... would have sold me on it tho....

DeletedUser12400

I wanted to add that the 4th difficulty of guild expeditions looks gorgeous!

GE.png