• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions - 4th Difficulty

DeletedUser105544

Shytty reward as a prize for completing level 4 for the xfourth time in a row is brutal.

Major Spank

Private
I notice GE level 4 is now 260% at the end, also other %'s have risen. Prizes didnt improve at all, still rubbish generally for the effort to win. Also I do most of GE4 by fighting, only negotiate 1 or 2 depending on mood but still never had the chance to win the terrace farm. Others have 3 or more already. All in all its a money grabber. This will be my last week wasting my time on GE level 4

DeletedUser110642

I have been seeing a lot of negative feedback about level 4 Guild Expedition, both in Guild chat and Global chat. A lot of people are saying the value of winning prizes do not outweigh the cost of goods and loss of troops/units. Also the cost of opening up level 4 is becoming a drain on goods from the treasury. My guild is now seriously considering whether or not it's worth opening up level 4 GE every week.
My suggestion: Either increase the value of winning prizes to make the expedition worthwhile, or decrease the cost of playing goods, treasury goods and troops/units. This would make GE a lot more attractive to play, and well worth the sacrifice of attacking and negotiating.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
it's also worth taking into account the amount of power that GE participation provides for the guild. Our guild received 63,000 following a week of GE which amounts to an average of 9000 of power per day when averaged out over the week. That doesn't include the 25% bonus for first in Guild Championships.

DeletedUser102740

i do like the look of level 4 but am slightly disappointed that it isn't animated with oozing lava & erupting volcanoes etc
Oh, I see animated erupting volcanoes, but the sea whirlpools are static.

Forwandert

Major-General
Just got into AF and now can't play LVL 4 for half the era without spending a fortune in diamonds as it requires diamond purchases to replace the lack of prom which I won't start producing without moving through 10 techs.

Pretty harsh to be penalised for not producing something I can't produce to be honest.

DeletedUser110179

A lot of people are saying the value of winning prizes do not outweigh the cost of goods and loss of troops/units.
I finished level 4 twice ... winning a Sacred Sky Watch and Terrace Farm (also, 1 Fountain of Youth [Lvl 3]).

Also I do most of GE4 by fighting, only negotiate 1 or 2 depending on mood but still never had the chance to win the terrace farm. Others have 3 or more already. All in all its a money grabber. This will be my last week wasting my time on GE level 4
I battled every encounter ... rarely losing any troops. I'm in HMA and use 6 rogues + 2 originals in every battle (I gather rogues don't work so well after the middle ages since the AI targets the originals first). I do have Alcatraz but always use attached troops (except for knights and trebuchets which I haven't researched yet).

I guess I should enjoy the sunshine while it lasts.

dpajus.jpg

Image from FoE on Facebook: Were you able to complete your set ? (Just made it ... @ 550 fps/day)
I won terrace farms 3 weeks running (1st 3 weeks of GE level 4)

If I kept getting them as a final reward I'd soon run out of city space, sometimes you've got to accept rewards are changed for a reason
Too true ... I live in constant fear of winning again. Terrace farms seem awfully big for the tight spaces of the middle ages. I guess I fell in love with the Cherry Garden (dynamite in a small package). All the other special buildings pale in comparison.
I'ld rather pay for 10 Cherry gardens than win 20 Terrace farms for free.

That said, I love all the fps you can win in level 4 ... no worries about placement and lack of space ♣

Last edited by a moderator:

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
I have given up on level 4, it is nothing but another attempt to get people to pay Inno for the opportunity of getting rubbish prizes, good relics are becoming rarer and rarer and the extra attempts as prizes are a joke at best .. It surprises me at how regular Inno are finding more ways to prove to us that we are viewed as nothing more than an ATM card, I remember back when I started playing this game when prizes were actually seen as being a prize and there was a level of fun involved in playing. My motivation to continue playing this game is dwindling with each passing week.

DeletedUser96901

I have completed level 4 every week and never used any diamonds 8-)

so can I have a 5th level please :lol:

DeletedUser110857

I find it difficult to even find a place to write a comment!! GE is getting to the point where it really sucks. n When you enter a new Era, not everyone can build all the military that's coming your way. Worse than that, you get 1 turn, FoE gets 6, you get 2, FoE gets 4. It's bad enough that you're trying to fight superior forces, but when FoE gets all the advantages, all the turns, why bother??

DeletedUser100832

L4 is doable with some thought and decent GB's for your age.

It is true though that the rewards are terrible, so I am not sure how much it's worth doing it unless you like fighting like I do.