• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expeditions - 4th Difficulty

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys

This thread is for discussing the upcoming 4th Difficulty for GE. You can find the full announcement here.

Thanks!

DeletedUser109385

This is absolutely wasted, the majority of us don't want a 4th difficulty.

DeletedUser100065

This is absolutely wasted, the majority of us don't want a 4th difficulty.
Always been happy not to be in the majority then. 3 levels are easy theres 3 of the fights at the end require some thought so good to have some actual challenge.
I like this, however, this is not for everyone, only a few players will do this so PLEASE, don't make this a cost to the entire Guild, make it so that whoever wants to do 4th level that player pays for it, not the Guild...
If that's the case then any fights in GE shouldn't count towards the guild as they were just a stepping stone to the bit the player really wanted.

EdTheGreat

Private
If that's the case then any fights in GE shouldn't count towards the guild as they were just a stepping stone to the bit the player really wanted.

I don't understand your point, could you elaborate a bit...?

4th level in my book is a personal option and as such should be a personal expense...

DeletedUser5180

I like this, however, this is not for everyone, only a few players will do this so PLEASE, don't make this a cost to the entire Guild, make it so that whoever wants to do 4th level that player pays for it, not the Guild...

My small guild of 4 has over 60k of each AF good stockpiled, are you suggesting we should personally pay to unlock level 4 of GE rather than have the brass neck to take 24 of each good from the treasury?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109151

You could open up the 4th level as a bonus each Friday and the cost to the guild to play could be the number of players already on 48/48. then the guild can manage who plays the last level.

Some older larger guilds have many players who are in Arctic Future but have drifted out of daily play so the cost will be prohibitive.

EdTheGreat

Private
My small guild of 4 has over 60k of each AF good stockpiled, are you suggesting we should personally pay to unlock level 4 of GE rather than have the brass neck to take 24 of each good from the treasury?

I'm suggesting that a medium to large Guild struggles already as it is to unlock 3rd level. 4th level will be even less players doing it, so having a few players doing it, say 4 players out of a 30 pool (thats my average number) or 10 out of 80, it is just way TOO expensive and does not make much sense to be honest...

PS: Having said that, I realize now that I miss read the original post, I read that 4th level was an option and not at all related to the weekly Guild event, re-reeding it now I see that instead of every Guild reach 100% ( by the way I never seen any Guild doing 100%, did any of you? ) now you actually can do 133%... So my point about being a personal choice is a bit off, still, with all data I currently have seems to me this does not make much sense and it will be a HUGE expense to all Guilds unlocking 4th level, and by all guilds I mean an average size Guild, not a MICRO size Guild of 4... :)

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
I am personally looking forward to this as I finish GE within 3 days and have to wait 4 more to start over.
With that being said, I am also the person in our guild that looks after the treasury and takes notes on guild progress through the weekly event and we have a over third of the guild completing, or coming close to completing, and about a third that make little to no effort. If the costs are going to be substantial and being based upon each member as with levels 2 & 3, then I can see this becoming a problem as guilds would then be forced to start kicking members out who don't do much toward GE. In some ways this would help by increasing performance but it would then also be forcing guilds to be harder on members and taking the fun out of it. It might be a business for Inno but for the players it's still a game and meant to be enjoyable.

kkrazykatz

Private
Some guilds struggle to get close to 100% as it is. I think level 4 should be for those who enjoy the challenge and the rewards. It should not make people feel pressured into completing more. Therefore the goal should not extend past 100% (3 levels) nor should the the costs be expected to come from the guild treasury. It could easily wipe out a treasury should level 4 be unlocked for a small handful of people. Let those who want to tackle the new level pay for it themselves.

DeletedUser17180

I don't play Expeditions very often, but the screenshots look pretty metal for FoE standards.

If only the difficulty tested our skills rather than how much military boost a player has.

DeletedUser106696

It would be quite easy to devise a system that tests skills rather than the players willingness to push the attack GBs to high levels and plaster their towns with strike teams ... all you'd need is dynamic strength of the opposition. For example, level 1 could be player strength, level 2 player strength plus 20 %, and level 3 perhaps 30-50 %.

Players could still benefit from their own attack boosts in PvP and GvG, but GE would then be a true reflection of a players fighting ability.

DeletedUser109018

Can't see why level 4 isn't just based on Artic era goods. It wold actually be fairer as most guilds have treasuries overflowing with them.They are about as useful as US Confederate dollars atm.

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
Can't see why level 4 isn't just based on Artic era goods. It wold actually be fairer as most guilds have treasuries overflowing with them.They are about as useful as US Confederate dollars atm.

Our guild has it's first couple of players just reach Arctic in the past 1-2 months, this may be the case for older worlds but how is this so with the newer servers that started much later?
This Idea is about as useful of having Trump in the White House..

DeletedUser653

Thankyou for the 4th level we certainly have players who finish level 3 in 3 days and for these L4 will be fun. However we have just worked out the costs for the 4th level and its a massive cost across all ages we have our 76 players in and this will be a real problem. I suspect we will have 25 players going into L4 and thus it would be much fairer for guilds if they only paid for the players who enter L4 rather then for the whole guild since 60% will not do L4.

So thankyou for L4 but the cost will prevent many guilds from opening it for the few players and this really needs a rethink because most guilds active in GvG cannot afford both GvG and L4 GE.

DeletedUser98451

The cost of GE has already caused many guilds to impose a minimum requirement on their members with those players failing to meet it being booted, the introduction of level 4 will simply make the situation worse.
There are already plenty of 'GE only' guilds in existence, no doubt their number will grow.

Surely a fairer way of paying for GE could be found, for example, the costs could be deducted from the treasury when each player started fight 1 of each level. This method would mean that players fighting all 4 levels would be charged for 4 and those fighting only 1 would be charged for only 1. It would allow everyone to participate without pressure and the bad feelings that build up within guilds would disappear.