• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Guild Expedition Visual Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr

Private
Proposal

Most things in FoE provide some sort of visual indication when they are complete or something is ready to be collected. For example:
  • When a new message arrives, the messages button highlights.
  • When a site exploration on the continent map is complete, the continent map button highlights.
  • When something new is added to the inventory, the inventory button highlights.
Note: The list above is based on browser version, it may be slightly differently on mobile devices.

However, there is no such highlighting on the button for "Guild Expedition".

The idea put forward is to add this highlight feature to indicate to the user that there are turns available within the Guild Expedition. Note, there has also been a suggestion for the visual indicator to be an exclamation mark graphic inline with the settlement/GBG etc on the "Guild Expedition Ship".

Reason

The reason for this is because I often forget to use up my free turns in Guild Expedition. I would find it very useful if the button highlighted in a similar way to those in the list above when any free turns are available in GE. I also believe many others would benefit from this feature as forgetting to use turns in Guild Expedition is quite common.

Details

The feature would work by highlighting the Guild Expedition button or providing some other visual indication to indicate that there are free turns to use within the Guild Expedition. Ideally, it would only do this if the Guild Expedition is not yet complete (i.e. current progress is less than 64) and that the Guild Expedition is active.

Balance/Abuse Prevention

I do not feel there is any risk of abuse from this feature as it would/should be available to all users.

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I put no because I don't need anymore indicators on that bottom menu. There's too many already especially when you get alerts for the same official messages on every server. Also don't need the inventory highlight as I know there's something added as I just won/bought/earned something and clicked a pop up anyway so that one is pointless, it just highlights constant FPs being added from 1.9s.

However if the visual indicator was on the ship that also leads to GE though at the top of the screen it would be fine as I ignore all that cluster of random mess anyway.

Last edited:

gsxr

Private
An exclamation mark on the ship would also work and your comment is valid in my opinion. I will update the proposal to state this. Thanks for feeding back your opinion.

Shad23

Emperor
exclamation mark is already something that bothers players and as said above there are already to much indicators to start with

gsxr

Private
Perhaps you guys should consider proposing the ability to turn off notifications? If all these notifications annoy you this much.

gsxr

Private
In every guild I have been a member of there has always been an issue with Guild Expedition participation and speed of completion. I believe the lack of any visual indicator does not help with this and the amount of negativity towards this so far surprises me for this reason.

I guess we will see how it goes in a few days.

Shad23

Emperor
there is one for msg center notifications but can't find one for the exclamation marks notification but i remember players moaning about to much notifications in game but can't find the threads

Knight of ICE

In every guild I have been a member of there has always been an issue with Guild Expedition participation and speed of completion. I believe the lack of any visual indicator does not help with this and the amount of negativity towards this so far surprises me for this reason.

You are now saying something else than what you did in your origilnal proposal.

The reason for this is because I often forget to use up my free turns in Guild Expedition.

So what is it? Is it to help you, cause you are forgetful, or to help your Guild with fast completion?

The way I see it, if you forget to use up your free turns it is not that big a deal. You have 6 days to complete the expedition, so there really is no rush.

Now if this is about fast completion in your Guild, it is up to your Guild to make that happen. No reason for yet another indicator and no, it is not up to us to propose the ability to turn off notifications just so you can get what you want.

gsxr

Private
And just for the record, the suggestion to propose turning off indicators was because every complaint here has been a complaint about indicators already in the game. So surely if you do not like the indicators already there, it would be sensible to make a suggestion for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.