• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild dissolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Overlord
How much safety do you want?

You need to open global
You to go to your guild
You need to go to the admin tab
You need to use the dissolve button, that is in a spot where you can not accidently click it
You need to confirm

It takes 5 steps. Do you really think a sixth step will make any difference?

If you want to dissolve a guild you will do so, no matter how many steps it will take. With already 5 steps in place, doing it on accident is hardly an issue.

DeletedUser12400

You have your opinion and we have ours. I'm not here to convince you that extra steps that actually requires attention can prevent from accident or even change the decision.

Naerween

Private
If a founder wants to dissolve a guild he can dissolve a guild. No matter what his reason is there is no way to stop him. Can't dissolve a guild because there are other founders? Just demote them and you can.

Whatever mechanism you think you can come up with to make it harder, in the end it will not work at all. If as a founder I want to dissolve my guild, maybe because I am angry, or for whatever reason, there will be no way to stop me. If needed I can always remove every member, so I am the only one left in the guild. How do you think to stop that?

Where did I say I wanted to stop someone to dissolve a guild?

It isn't clicking on a yes button. After that there also is a confirmation. How many steps do you need?

Well obviously I think there should be one more step than you think it should.

You're so against and it sounds like you dissolve hundreds of guilds a day and we're making your game difficult :lol:

Agent327

Overlord
Where did I say I wanted to stop someone to dissolve a guild?

So what do you want? Accidently wasn't the right word and you do not want to stop someone.

Well obviously I think there should be one more step than you think it should.

What would be the reason for that?

You're so against and it sounds like you dissolve hundreds of guilds a day and we're making your game difficult :lol:

During your time of play, how many guilds have been dissolved, either accidently, or against the will of the members?

Naerween

Private
Ok I edited it (with what was said later in this thread and that you obviously missed), you can now keep explaining how stupid it is :)

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Ok I edited it (with what was said later in this thread and that you obviously missed), you can now keep explaining how stupid it is :)

It is.

If you click the button to see what it is doing ( how old are you? ) it still needs confirmation, so no harm done
If you click the button by accident, it still needs confirmation, so no harm done.
If you do it in anger, you will take the next step as well. It does not matter how many there are, or do you go from very angry to real calm in just a second, cause you have to use a slider?

DeletedUser

Well most likely because they wanted to delete a build that was near GB.

If someone will want to do it on purpose he will do it anyway however there are situations where you actually can wonder what goes though a person's mind when person decided to do a particular thing and curiosity can be dangerous too. I founded a guild 7 years ago and I find it a little unease that with two simple clicks the guild can be gone so I really don't mind these extra steps. If someone will dissolve the guild after these steps then it will be obviously on purpose.
62R7ja2.gif
good meme overtype

legend9182

Major-General
According to me, who wants to dissolve can dissolve it in any way
This time I am with @Agent327 but not fully
I will propose @naerween to make your idea better by asking for poll system where guild can't be dissolved untill majority of founders agree if only 2 founder are there they both should agree
And one more thing now any founder can demote anyone from founder to lower rank (which isn't a good thing) so main founder right in hands of who created untill unless he transfer it to other player (then he will lose right to remove someone from founder right)
In this way only one person will have rights to either promote anyone to founder or demote anyone to lower rankings than founder.
But still main founder needs to go under process of poll to dissolve guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.