• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild dissolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naerween

Private
Proposal :
Making guild dissolution more secured

Reason:
Dissolving a guild should be something you should have thought through (especially if you are not the only founder on board) ; for now, the Dissolve button can be clicked to see what's it doing, by accident while on the recruitment tab, or it could be done on anger after an "internal fight" also. It should be a fully aware decision as it involves other players who might have put efforts in growing the goods treasury, the prestige, etc

Details:
Not being able to dissolve a guild if there is still another founder in that guild (the founder who wants to dissolve the guild would have to dismiss the other(s) founder(s) first), and/or by adding an extra security, like a slide bar for selling a GB

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
This doesn't have any game balance or abuse issues that I can think of.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Reason:
Reducing the risks to accidentally dissolve a guild

It is impossible to accidently dissolve a guild. You can only do it on purpose

Details:
Not being able to dissolve a guild if there is still another founder in that guild (the founder who wants to dissolve the guild would have to dismiss the other(s) founder(s) first)

That is exactly how a founder can do it now.

Learn what you talk about before you come up with a rather stupid proposal under the circumstances.

Naerween

Private
It is impossible to accidently dissolve a guild. You can only do it on purpose
A security was added for not accidentally sell a GB (a slide bar), how is that different than accidentally clicking on the Dissolve button for a guild?

That is exactly how a founder can do it now.
No, I sent a ticket to ask, and you can dissolve a guild as a founder even if there are others founders in the guild. What I'm asking is to make it a bit more secured to dissolve a guild than to click a button (so either by 1st demoting any other founder and/or by adding a slide bar)

Learn what you talk about before you come up with a rather stupid proposal under the circumstances.
And no need to be so rude, especially when you are wrong :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

A security was added for not accidentally sell a GB (a slide bar), how is that different than accidentally clicking on the Dissolve button for a guild?
Well most likely because they wanted to delete a build that was near GB.

If someone will want to do it on purpose he will do it anyway however there are situations where you actually can wonder what goes though a person's mind when person decided to do a particular thing and curiosity can be dangerous too. I founded a guild 7 years ago and I find it a little unease that with two simple clicks the guild can be gone so I really don't mind these extra steps. If someone will dissolve the guild after these steps then it will be obviously on purpose.
62R7ja2.gif

Agent327

Overlord

You need several steps to get to that button and then there is no reason whatsoever to click anything close to it on that page. You must be the biggest idiot alive to click that button accidently.

No, I sent a ticket to ask, and you can dissolve a guild as a founder even if there are others founders in the guild. What I'm asking is to make it a bit more secured to dissolve a guild than to click a button (so either by 1st demoting any other founder and/or by adding a slide bar)

Better ask for a slider just in case you accidently demote other founders.

And no need to be so rude, especially when you are wrong :)

I am neither rude nor wrong.

Click that button and see if you get a confirmation or not.

Naerween

Private
Agent327, not sure what your problem is... I only think that dissolving a guild only by clicking "Dissolve" and then "Ok" is a bit too light for something that important. And I don't care how to secure it, I proposed 2 ways, but it even can be a 3rd one... Are you afraid that an extra security would make your gameplay more complicated? Do you dissolve a guild once every 4 mornings? So why does my proposal bother you exactly? (except that you find it stupid, we established that)

Edit: Nvm, I just read other posts, I get it and I'll stop feeding the troll now xD

Last edited:

Giskler

Legend
They could, you know, add a confirmation box... seems like something that should be in place anyway

Agent327

Overlord
Agent327, not sure what your problem is... I only think that dissolving a guild only by clicking "Dissolve" and then "Ok" is a bit too light for something that important. And I don't care how to secure it, I proposed 2 ways, but it even can be a 3rd one... Are you afraid that an extra security would make your gameplay more complicated? Do you dissolve a guild once every 4 mornings? So why does my proposal bother you exactly? (except that you find it stupid, we established that)

Edit: Nvm, I just read other posts, I get it and I'll stop feeding the troll now xD

How on earth can you go through several steps, then click a button, click OK after that and claim it is accidental?

People keep comming up with the most stupid ideas and showing them how stupid it is must mean you are a trioll. Makes perfect sense. Stupidity should be rewarded instead of being opposed.

Shad23

Emperor
People keep comming up with the most stupid ideas and showing them how stupid it is must mean you are a trioll. Makes perfect sense. Stupidity should be rewarded instead of being opposed.
problem ppl have with you Agent (and don't take this to personal ) ain't fact your against an idea it's fact you are systemitickly against almost all ideas i rarely saw you in favour of an idea or eaven try to give constructive comments who actualy help them make their idea beter , apart from me most ppl don't see usefullness of having someone who finds all flaws in ideas instead of telling them how their idea can be beter,
when i have an idea i use you comments to solve the flaws in my ideas but not everyone gets-it or knows how to make a negetive comment into a way to solve the flaws of the idea

Agent327

Overlord
problem ppl have with you Agent (and don't take this to personal ) ain't fact your against an idea it's fact you are systemitickly against almost all ideas i rarely saw you in favour of an idea or eaven try to give constructive comments who actualy help them make their idea beter , apart from me most ppl don't see usefullness of having someone who finds all flaws in ideas instead of telling them how their idea can be beter,
when i have an idea i use you comments to solve the flaws in my ideas but not everyone gets-it or knows how to make a negetive comment into a way to solve the flaws of the idea

So how do you make this idea any better?

Accidently click "Dissolve" next accidently click "OK" what will stop you from accidently clicking the confirmation button after that? You are on a roll now. Might as well accidently click the next confirmation button. Now what we need is a slider, a confirmation box you did not accidently move the slider. A confirmation box you understand you used the confirmation box. A captcha so you can not mistakenly confirm you confirmed and a 1 month cool down period where you can undo you dissolved the guild.

Does that make it better?

Naerween

Private
Maybe "accidentally" wasn't the right word, I just think that when you dissolve a guild, that'd be something you should have thought through (especially if you are not the only founder on board, therefore my suggestion to not be able to do it if there are other founders) ; like Overtype said, it can be clicked to see what's it doing (as you like to say Agent327, some people are "stupid"), or it could be done on anger after an "internal fight" also. If you had to remove the rights of any other founders, then indeed you know exactly what you are doing and that'd be a fully aware decision.
Actually I don't even see the point of a dissolve button, maybe a guild should only disappear if no one is left in, but the Not To Suggest section says no Removal of features, so I guess it works even for minor ones and I proposed a twist instead.

DeletedUser12400

maybe a slider + a 1 week cooldown could be beter then just clic on buton then no more guild like naerween said
Hi naerween, I agree dissolving a guild should be more difficult than just clicking on a "yes" button. Some extra steps should be implemented.
+1 As I mentioned earlier:
I founded a guild 7 years ago and I find it a little unease that with two simple clicks the guild can be gone so I really don't mind these extra steps.
In reality I would love to see that you must remain alone in the guild before such option enables which means if you came to such decision you must get rid of all members before dissolving the guild.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Maybe "accidentally" wasn't the right word, I just think that when you dissolve a guild, that'd be something you should have thought through (especially if you are not the only founder on board, therefore my suggestion to not be able to do it if there are other founders) ; like Overtype said, it can be clicked to see what's it doing (as you like to say Agent327, some people are "stupid"), or it could be done on anger after an "internal fight" also. If you had to remove the rights of any other founders, then indeed you know exactly what you are doing and that'd be a fully aware decision.
Actually I don't even see the point of a dissolve button, maybe a guild should only disappear if no one is left in, but the Not To Suggest section says no Removal of features, so I guess it works even for minor ones and I proposed a twist instead.

If a founder wants to dissolve a guild he can dissolve a guild. No matter what his reason is there is no way to stop him. Can't dissolve a guild because there are other founders? Just demote them and you can.

Whatever mechanism you think you can come up with to make it harder, in the end it will not work at all. If as a founder I want to dissolve my guild, maybe because I am angry, or for whatever reason, there will be no way to stop me. If needed I can always remove every member, so I am the only one left in the guild. How do you think to stop that?

Agent327

Overlord
Hi naerween, I agree dissolving a guild should be more difficult than just clicking on a "yes" button. Some extra steps should be implemented.

It isn't clicking on a yes button. After that there also is a confirmation. How many steps do you need?

DeletedUser12400

It's not about to stop someone just to have a little more safety steps for such a huge thought or unthought decision. It's not regarding the game but from life few extra steps have saved some people from accidents and those steps actually required to pay attention and even do certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.