• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Championships

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser100065

A pair of suggestions:

- Show the total number of championships/weeks:

when you see a guild with 4 golden cups you probably think 'damn!, those guys are good'
if you see the same 4 golden cups but on the 18th championship/week you should think: 'cool!, a lazy gang'

- A new tab showing the GC ranking
This weekly championship should have a scoreboard (like Olimpics medal ranking)

Both good ideas but probably best to raise them in the ideas section, or hope someone steals them and does it for you :)

DeletedUser1094

For how long does the Top-3 Power-boosts last. The whole next week?

DeletedUser104215

must say that I don't understand the earlier criticism about rogues. I am still finishing level 3 in 4 worlds without too much difficulty, using 1 rail and 7 rogues up to battle 44 then I use 1 rail, 1 champ and 6 rogues, if you don't move your champion or rail on first go, and you can usually get 1 enemy unit without moving, then the enemy will still target your rogues, especially if you threaten with them, I think the guild championship is a great addition especially for guilds who recognise that this is an easier way than GvG for small guilds to add guild power

DeletedUser100832

the problem I find in the last 3 fights (I use 1 tank, 1 RG 6 rogue) is that everyone targets my RG, and it's hard to keep it alive for fight 2. But it usually works after 3-4 attempts.

DeletedUser100832

does anyone know, how does one export the list of guild contributors that you get when you click on the bar in the GE window?

I want to keep tabs on how many fights everyone does, and don't want to copy 80 lines by hand

DeletedUser100065

I want to keep tabs on how many fights everyone does, and don't want to copy 80 lines by hand
Just had a try and can't see a way to do it without screen shots sorry. Not really sure why you need to keep tabs on people they will do what they can or what the feel like anyway.

Vesiger

Monarch
Well, we managed to beat the next guild down for fourth place by 0.9% in a very close-fought expedition... sadly you don't get bonuses for that!
(The top three guilds were miles above the rest of us, there was no contest.)

DeletedUser653

does anyone know, how does one export the list of guild contributors that you get when you click on the bar in the GE window?

I would be really interested as we are talking of making L1 mandatory for all players and it would be good to keep records of whos coasting and whos working hard for guild

DeletedUser99235

If we hover over our guild name it shows a current rank is that the rank of our guild in that world at the start time? ...also will there be a ranking list somewhere of overall 'across worlds' ranks??
Its nice to see how we did in our group but it would also be nice to know how we did overall lol

DeletedUser109268

Partially.

The real problem is that with Rogues moving last, they can get caught at the rear of the battle field, and not engage until their second turn.

Here's how it is:

Old way:
1. Rogues move somewhere in the early move sequence.
2. Rogues get hit and turn (this is if you advance wanting this to happen. Sometimes we do want to hide in a corner).
3. Rogues engage. Enemy losses.
4. Your 'reals' move. More enemy losses.

New way:
1. Range units hit Rogues.
2. Rogues advance, but cannot engage (not even if they become 'Fasts').
3. Enemy units advance engage X number of times.
4. IF there are 4 or more enemy units advancing before your next Rogue/Whatever sequence, your gonna lose 2 units
especially if there are short range units in the Combat Table. Probably your reals will be lost, but it really doesn't matter, does it?
5. If you lose 2 units in the first battle, you are most likely finished for a 2 wave attack.
6. Much of 3rd level, and some of 2nd level will contain some combination of short/long range units that equal 4.

For example, I just went against 4 Artillery and 4 Rifles. Piece of cake, right? 7 Rogues + 1 Cavalry.
Nope. Rogue/Cavalry never made it into battle. 4 Rifles and 4 Rogues, and a lot of luck was what was needed. Even so, I lost 1 and another had 1 life left.

The issue of hitting reals first does not occur in the old format, unless of course you just haul balls out first thing with your reals and that's the only thing the enemy can hit. It is a very real problem now, but you can still win 1 wave battles. Not so much 2 wave.

Since Rogue introduction, so many have 'OoooAwwwed' over the dual identity. It was the Rogue movement that gave the power to work effectively. Second lives are no good if they can't be used to your advantage. And now, they can't.

. . . . mk
I understand you and it is clear that the rogue has been nerfed... but as you know in the continent map , especially from Progressive where the map is on 1.5 scale, the rogue is already less effective.. we gotta adapt... in doubles encounters like in GE (like from Post Modern Era continent map) the reality is that WE NEED TO FIGHT DIFFERENTLY. For instance, I have surprisingly found a use for the colour guard now and believe it or not, I finish also level 3 of the Expeditions WITHOUT A SINGLE ROGUE.
Consequences? I am left with over 450 rogues in stock (and the number keeps on growing due the Alcatraz and the zero standard barracks tactics I had been using) for no use and 4 more Rogue Hideout in Inventory I have 5 placed in the city) that went from a weapon I was going to use when space arranged( with excitment) to a total Burden.
That is the truth and we have to accept it. Fighting like in the continent map gives more results also in GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vesiger

Monarch
How do you manage to use the colour guard to compensate for starting the battle with (effectively) only seven units?

DeletedUser100832

Just had a try and can't see a way to do it without screen shots sorry. Not really sure why you need to keep tabs on people they will do what they can or what the feel like anyway.

Big Brother is watching you lol ))

Just want to know where I should direct some gentle reminders next week :P

DeletedUser109268

How do you manage to use the colour guard to compensate for starting the battle with (effectively) only seven units?

it works well in PME continent map where you face 6 units at a time so so with 7+1 Progressive troops.. I manage it by hiding it at the first fight and sending ahead in the second one. The colour guard gives me +12 so I go over 90% attack and defence , enough to kill with 2 conscript shots 1 Universal tank boosted 15%/25% for example. It is crucial the colour guard survives the first fight though. GE I will experiment from tomorrow.

DeletedUser109268

must say that I don't understand the earlier criticism about rogues. I am still finishing level 3 in 4 worlds without too much difficulty, using 1 rail and 7 rogues up to battle 44 then I use 1 rail, 1 champ and 6 rogues, if you don't move your champion or rail on first go, and you can usually get 1 enemy unit without moving, then the enemy will still target your rogues, especially if you threaten with them, I think the guild championship is a great addition especially for guilds who recognise that this is an easier way than GvG for small guilds to add guild power

Well. the Rogue is the last to move now and it slows me down in GvG where when i wanted to speed up I used to place 1 heavy and 7 rogues. autobutton from the very beginning of the fight gave me the possibility to sip caipirinha and talking on the phone at the same time (LOL), now you lose seconds because you have to manually hold the heavy (which moves first now) for every single fight... (this is an example)

Sometimes I used to place 1 or 2 rogues to fill up DA's , now I can't... the time that they move , the standard units have been killed and they sadly go puff puff, popcorn rogues...

It is not really criticism though, just accepting the change and trying to adapt, that's all

DeletedUser99235

Sorry guys is this the 'guild championship' thread or a 'rouges' thread?

If i may ask my question about the guild championship again

will there be a ranking list somewhere of overall 'across worlds' ranks??
Its nice to see how we did in our group but it would also be nice to know how we did overall

DeletedUser100065

will there be a ranking list somewhere of overall 'across worlds' ranks??
Its nice to see how we did in our group but it would also be nice to know how we did overall

I wouldn't expect it any time soon as the variety of guilds makes it difficult to accurately compare guilds. For example a guild of 3 people One of them does all of GE, the guild completion rate is 33% which when you have a guild of 80 people to reach 33% completion requires 26 people to reach the end of level3. Now i know it also would just take all the guild to get to the end of level1 but if you have 3 active players who can easily do a few levels the comparison rates would make a overall statistics rankings complicated to judge.

DeletedUser108379

Well, one could just make the GE power points into prestige points also and then the guild ranking would consist of GvG and GE together.

And to be first a guild will have to do both, GvG and GE.

On Beta they tried to count all power points for that, also that from the hall of frame. Which is not a good idea, especially since it was said - two years ago - that the power points from the hall of fame would not count for the guild ranking.